Close

Upgrading from nop 3.5 to nop 3.8

vincpa
7 years ago
#13152 Quote
Hi,

I have a site running nopCommerce 3.5 with the Tiffany Theme and Seven Spikes plugins. The plugins were purchased 2 years ago.

Now I want to upgrade the site to nopCommerce 3.8, and I have done this, but when I copy the 3.8 Seven Spikes plugins to Presentation/Nop.Web/Plugins, the site generates a YSOD because there are missing fields in the database. I assume the new versions of the plugins are more advanced?

Anyway, I uninstalled the 3.5 version plugins (by deleting them from InstalledPlugins.txt) and then installed the 3.8 versions of the plugins in the Administration, and the site now loads, but all of the product information is not linked.

Can someone please help me out?

Thank you.
SDobrev
7 years ago
#13154 Quote
Hi,

You have to run our and nopCommerce upgrade scripts for 3.5 -> 3.6, 3.6 -> 3.7, 3.7 -> 3.8.
In this article you can find out more information how to upgrade a theme.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
vincpa
7 years ago
#13156 Quote
The seven spikes SQL upgrade scripts address missing from my 3.8 zip file. Where can I get them?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13157 Quote
Hello,

You can download the upgrade scripts for all versions here.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
vincpa
7 years ago
#13167 Quote
I was able to update the database successfully and also the Seven Spikes plugins by running the SQL scripts and then copying the new plugin binaries.

I have, however, found that the Tiffany 3.5 cshtml will not load with the new Seven Spikes. If I copy the new Tiffany Theme folder with the new cshtml, as you expect, the site loads but all of the images are not loading.

What are my options here? How can I upgrade my production website with the new theme and not have any significant downtime?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13170 Quote
Hello,

You cannot use the 3.5 version of the Tiffany theme with the 3.80 version of nopCommerce.
We couldn't reproduce the problem with the images.
Can you give us the link to your store in order for us to inspect it?
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
vincpa
7 years ago
#13174 Quote
I'd rather not post a link to my clients site.

I'll try to debug the cause. If I find a solution I'll post it here.
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13178 Quote
Hello,

You don't need to post the link here. You can also submit a ticket with your problem. The ticket conversation is private and only you and our team can see it.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com