Close

Some feature requests, bug reports, and general gripes

fundamentalav
2 years ago
#21684 Quote
Hi,

This post is a part of feature requests, bug reports, and general gripe.
I've seen using the Sales Campaign plugins for a while now. We are currently on Nop 4.3
There are parts of the plugin's logic that make near-zero sense for a retail store. Especially so with an electronics store with a large number of products.
In the US, and I know in much of the EU, manufacturers have MSRP, Minimum Advertised Price (MAP), and the Cost.
In NOP Commerce, there are only three main price fields Old Price, Price, and Product Cost. The only way it makes sense to use these is Old Price = MSRP, Price = MAP, and Product Cost = Cost.

Many manufacturers/distributors may only have one price where MSRP is their MAP price.

It seems like "Sale Campaign" appears to only work if the Old Price field is at 0. It is starting to become cumbersome to use now to the point we are looking for another solution.
Many manufacturers/distributors base their special sale price off of MSRP, not off of MAP.
This is especially with the software download business, it seems.

Before using Sales Campaign on older Nop versions that still had the "Special price" with the start and end date options were able to use a combination of this and the product ribbons plugin.  
We did this with a bulk CSV import.
We were able to create somewhat similar results to how "Sale Campaign" works except for automating the "add to the category." This is a very important feature that made us start using "Sales Campaign" since we do not find any other plugin that could automate that function.

Now that Nop 4.0 and higher moved the Special price function over to the Tier Pricing, we could again start using a bulk upload CSV and product ribbons. The "Product  Has Special Price  Equal To  True" condition and the "${old-price-new-price-difference-value}" and "${special-price-expires-in}" ends up making things work almost the same as "Sales Campaign'"
The essential missing thing is automating the product added and removed from the  "On Sale" category.

Feature request V1-
Find a way to use the tiered pricing system as the source for the discount price and sale start/end date?

Feature request V2 -
Make it so that "Sales Campaign" does not require the "Old Price" zero.
Maybe the ability to choose the "old price" or "price" field as the source to base the discount calculation?
So when creating a new campaign, choose one of these as the source. As an example: Choose "Old Price," which in most cases would be the MSRP, so the discount is taken off that field, and the discount price overrides the "Price" (MAP) field.
Alternate example: When creating a campaign, you choose the "Price" field as the source to calculate the discount, and the discounted price replaces the original price in the "Price" field.
I think this option would only work for scenarios where there is only the two price levels of "cost" and "price."
This would be the case for manufacturers/distributors where the MSRP price is the same as MAP price. As in, they do not have a MAP price policy. So only two price tiers.

Bulk upload and edit feature request v1-
Be able to bulk upload campaigns via CSV. The options on the Settings, Scheduling, product conditions, and override product conditions tabs would make the most sense for the bulk upload feature.

Bulk upload and edit feature request v2-
On the sales campaign list page, add checkboxes to allow for bulk selection when Stopping, Starting, Unschedualing, and deleting campaigns. Having to do it one campaign at a time when you have four or more pages of campaigns is very tedious.

Feature request (maybe bug report?)-
Would you please make it so that the "List per page" stays at whatever setting you selected when the page refreshes. When you have more than a couple of pages of campaigns to go through and start, stop, unschedule or delete, it is very time-consuming to have to reselect constantly the
shoecake
11 months ago
#22179 Quote
Could someone from nopTemplates reply to say if any of these features have been implemented? Specifically feature 2.

This plugin looks a good fit for me with the exception of the sale price calculation. All the products on my site use the OldPrice field for the MSRP price and most of the time the selling price is less than this.

Currently the plugin seems to copy the price field to the OldPrice field and then calculate the sale price. I need the plugin to leave the OldPrice field alone and just modify the price field by the additional percentage configured in the campaign.

As it works at the moment I may be advertising a product at 15% below MSRP as my standard selling price, but when a sales campaign starts it looks like I am then only discounting by say 5% when in fact it is 20% below MSRP.

Boyko
11 months ago
#22183 Quote
shoecake wrote:
Could someone from nopTemplates reply to say if any of these features have been implemented? Specifically feature 2.

This plugin looks a good fit for me with the exception of the sale price calculation. All the products on my site use the OldPrice field for the MSRP price and most of the time the selling price is less than this.

Currently the plugin seems to copy the price field to the OldPrice field and then calculate the sale price. I need the plugin to leave the OldPrice field alone and just modify the price field by the additional percentage configured in the campaign.

As it works at the moment I may be advertising a product at 15% below MSRP as my standard selling price, but when a sales campaign starts it looks like I am then only discounting by say 5% when in fact it is 20% below MSRP.

Hi shoecake,

No, we haven't changed that logic in the plugin. It still uses the Old price to store the original price before the campaign starts and then use it again to revert the prices after the campaign has ended. Maybe you should use some other filed for the MSRP price rather than the Old price and thus leave he old price empty.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team