Close

Feature Requests

Support
10 years ago
#4245 Quote
Help make Nop-Templates products better. Share your ideas or feature requests related to the Nop Attachments plugin for nopCommerce.
edcorusa
9 years ago
#8460 Quote
I have been using your themes and extensions and find them top notch.
A couple of suggestion for you Nop Attachments extension.
First, it would be nice to have a filtering system in the Manage Attachments. This would help when managing a large number of attachment. Like a filter for the name and file extension and even if possible the mapped products.
It would also be nice if under the Automatic Conditions for selection, you could select a Specification Attribute. This way, if you have a specification attribute for a dimensional drawing, it could automatically map the attached drawing file to the product.
Another nice feature would be is a page search for customers. Like a support page where they can search for manuals, drawings, ect. The customer can enter a product or drawing number and get a result with download links. This would also be great for other document downloads like compliance document, QC manuals, or document for employment and employees.
It would also be nice to go down you list of attachments in the Manage Attachments and see what attachment are mapped to products or not. This way if a product has been deleted, but the attachment is still there, you can take care of it easily.
It would also be nice for some statistics of what files are being downloaded. You can then judge what file you really need on your site. For instance I have a PDF, DXF and DWG of a drawing for each product. If I could see that the DXF files are not being downloaded. I could remove them.
These would be great for a pro edition of this extension. Just a few thoughts.
Brian Weston
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
www.edcorusa.com
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8475 Quote
edcorusa wrote:
I have been using your themes and extensions and find them top notch.
A couple of suggestion for you Nop Attachments extension.

Hi Edcorusa,

Thank you for the suggestions!

edcorusa wrote:
First, it would be nice to have a filtering system in the Manage Attachments. This would help when managing a large number of attachment. Like a filter for the name and file extension and even if possible the mapped products.

Now, you can filter the attachments ( from Manage attachments ) by Name, Short Description and Display Order out of the box. Filtering by file extension is not available, because the attachment could be not only a file, but a URL too.

edcorusa wrote:
It would also be nice if under the Automatic Conditions for selection, you could select a Specification Attribute. This way, if you have a specification attribute for a dimensional drawing, it could automatically map the attached drawing file to the product.

This feature has been added since 18 of July and it is added in the Attachments for 3.4 version and above.

edcorusa wrote:
Another nice feature would be is a page search for customers. Like a support page where they can search for manuals, drawings, ect. The customer can enter a product or drawing number and get a result with download links. This would also be great for other document downloads like compliance document, QC manuals, or document for employment and employees.

Please suggest this idea to our User Voice portal, and if people vote for it we will implement it.

edcorusa wrote:
It would also be nice to go down you list of attachments in the Manage Attachments and see what attachment are mapped to products or not. This way if a product has been deleted, but the attachment is still there, you can take care of it easily.
It would also be nice for some statistics of what files are being downloaded. You can then judge what file you really need on your site. For instance I have a PDF, DXF and DWG of a drawing for each product. If I could see that the DXF files are not being downloaded. I could remove them.

Both ideas are great, and we will probably implement them, but again, please submit them to our User Voice portal so we can easily plan what features should be added.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
4 years ago
#15595 Quote
When in the Manage Attachments list in Nop Admin, can you please add a item search function? Unless I know the exact DisplayOrder number of a certain attachment, you have to go searching through the whole list to find it. Once you start accumulating hundreds of attachments it can be a bit of an annoyance having to rifle through pages of attachment names.

Thanks