Close

Bugs

Support
7 years ago
#487 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1002
Please write here if you have any problems with the Nop Instant Search Plugin
CorsaMeccanica
7 years ago
#511 Quote
Avatar
  • 17
Hello,

I recently purchased nop-templates plugin collection after using the trial version for a while. So far I have had a pretty good experience with your plugins, they add useful functionality to nopCommerce.

However I have not been able to get Nop Instant Search working properly on my development PC. Every time I try to search for a product within my store the search bar continually shows a loading state and will not drop down products like your demo site.  

I have attempted integration step by step on both a default install of nopCommerce (DarkOrange) and my own modified version of nopCommerce, using both automatic and manual integration methods. I also have restarted the application, cleared the cache, and added a blank line to the bottom of global.asax which did not resolve.  

I'm not entirely sure if this is actually a bug with the plugin or I'm just missing something entirely.

If you can help me figure this issue out that would be great, I don't want to miss out on using this great feature for my store.
Support
7 years ago
#513 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1002
shanexh wrote:
Hello,

I recently purchased nop-templates plugin collection after using the trial version for a while. So far I have had a pretty good experience with your plugins, they add useful functionality to nopCommerce.


Hi shanexh,

Thank you for using our products!

Can you provide us with a link to your web site, so that we can investigate what is wrong with the plugin. If possible you can also sent your web site and ftp login details to our support email and we will investigate the installation\integration of the plugin.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
CorsaMeccanica
7 years ago
#514 Quote
Avatar
  • 17
Thanks for the quick reply.

Right now I am working on my modified version of nopCommerce on my localhost using visual web developer express.

I also have a test domain that I'm using for my nopCommerce site developement, but I still need to upload changes to it.

In the next couple days I will upload those changes and provide a link to my test domain to your support contact.

If I happen to resolve the issue in the mean time I will post back to this forum.
Support
7 years ago
#515 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1002
shanexh wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.


OK that is great as otherwise it will be hard for us to see what the actual problem is.
You have probably tried this but just in case you have missed it there is a setting Enable that needs to be set otherwise the Instant Search is not activated.

If we can help with anything else please let us know!

Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
ylechasseur
7 years ago
#529 Quote
Avatar
  • 104
I don't want to replicate the post, but just in case ...

Hi Guys,

Again, you did a great tool.. but as usual, I have small set-up issues.

I did the manual integration and I didn't check the Automatic Integration as suggest.

I clear the cache, restart the application and change the global.asx file to be certain that I reload everything. I also clear my local cache .

I keep the same configuration as your doc and I change in the theme, the orange color for blue (the square around the search box and now I have no color anymore around the search box..)

When a do a search, a small light yellow box might appear with 2 products description inside. The result box won't appear each time and I have much success with the TAP word. If I LIF  for life-Jacket, I won't have any result.

In brief, this time (like they other times) I don't know what I missed.

Yves hight maintenance :-)


PS : Works partialy on Firefox
CorsaMeccanica
7 years ago
#530 Quote
Avatar
  • 17
So it turned out that once I uploaded my modified nopCommerce site from my development PC to my web server the instant search plugin worked as expected.

I suspect that I either missed some sort of setting in Visual Web Developer Express 2010. I typically view website in browser from the dropdown menu in the solution explorer rather than using IIS directly.

OR

Because I launch directly from VS 2010 I have an atypical URL (ex.  http://localhost:56411/nopcommerce_nosource/) and perhaps the plugin does not expect the irregular URL when it trys to search or provide drop down links to products from the database.

I'm not entirely sure. What do you think?

Also I do have my test domain up if you'd like to take a look. I'll send you the URL and FTP info to the support contact sometime tomorrow.
Support
7 years ago
#531 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1002
shanexh wrote:
So it turned out that once I uploaded my modified nopCommerce site from my development PC to my web server the instant search plugin worked as expected.

I suspect that I either missed some sort of setting in Visual Web Developer Express 2010. I typically view website in browser from the dropdown menu in the solution explorer rather than using IIS directly.

OR

Because I launch directly from VS 2010 I have an atypical URL (ex.  http://localhost:56411/nopcommerce_nosource/) and perhaps the plugin does not expect the irregular URL when it trys to search or provide drop down links to products from the database.

I'm not entirely sure. What do you think?

Also I do have my test domain up if you'd like to take a look. I'll send you the URL and FTP info to the support contact sometime tomorrow.


Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to describe what the problem is. Actually your investigation helped a lot. We think that the problem is from the URL when you have a sub directory after the domain name. This is a common practice to have such URLs during development on a local machine and IIS. So we will work to fix it and will upload a new version of the plugin asap.
You can still send your URL and FTP to double check it.

Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Support
7 years ago
#535 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1002
Hi Yves,

the Nop Instant Search have been integrated in your theme.

Can you try it now and see if there are any problems.

Thanks!

ylechasseur wrote:
I don't want to replicate the post, but just in case ...

Hi Guys,

Again, you did a great tool.. but as usual, I have small set-up issues.

I did the manual integration and I didn't check the Automatic Integration as suggest.

I clear the cache, restart the application and change the global.asx file to be certain that I reload everything. I also clear my local cache .

I keep the same configuration as your doc and I change in the theme, the orange color for blue (the square around the search box and now I have no color anymore around the search box..)

When a do a search, a small light yellow box might appear with 2 products description inside. The result box won't appear each time and I have much success with the TAP word. If I LIF  for life-Jacket, I won't have any result.

In brief, this time (like they other times) I don't know what I missed.

Yves hight maintenance :-)


PS : Works partialy on Firefox
ylechasseur
7 years ago
#537 Quote
Avatar
  • 104
Hi Guys,

You make an happy Canadian. What can I tell more. You doing a very great job and it is more that appreciated.

I hope you will continue to have brillant ideas and enhance nop commerce as you do.

Best regards et merci beaucoup

Yves