Close

Bugs

lanctot
8 years ago
#10565 Quote
Hi,
We are experiencing some issue with the instant search plugins.
The search works fine with everything except when you type a partial word that doesnt contain the begginning letter(s).
Here an example: the product name is FIA014151, if I type FIA014 it will find this product, but if I type 014151 it doesnt give me any result.

Our store link: http://b2b.rlanctot.com

Contact me by email for access to the site so you can test it.

Thanks

-David Barrette
Lanctot
Deni
8 years ago
#10567 Quote
lanctot wrote:
Hi,
The search works fine with everything except when you type a partial word that doesnt contain the begginning letter(s).
Here an example: the product name is FIA014151, if I type FIA014 it will find this product, but if I type 014151 it doesnt give me any result.

Thanks

-David Barrette
Lanctot

Hi, 

I suggest you to enable the Full Text Search. I think it will give you the possibility to search by part of a word. You can enable it by going to the administration > Configuration > Settings > General and Miscellaneous Settings > Full-Text settings.

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
lanctot
8 years ago
#10570 Quote
Deni wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

-David Barrette
Lanctot

Hi, 

I suggest you to enable the Full Text Search. I think it will give you the possibility to search by part of a word. You can enable it by going to the administration > Configuration > Settings > General and Miscellaneous Settings > Full-Text settings.

I hope this helped !

Thanks for the info.
The full Text search is already enabled, but the search mode was set to "Exact match (using CONTAINS ith prefix_term)". I change the mode to "Using CONTAINS and OR with prefix_term".
Do you know how long it takes for the mode change to be applied on the database and working?

Thanks

-David Barrette
Lanctot
Deni
8 years ago
#10581 Quote
lanctot wrote:
Thanks for the info.
The full Text search is already enabled, but the search mode was set to "Exact match (using CONTAINS ith prefix_term)". I change the mode to "Using CONTAINS and OR with prefix_term".
Do you know how long it takes for the mode change to be applied on the database and working?

Thanks

-David Barrette
Lanctot

Hi, 

When you enable the setting, it will take effect on the moment. 

I have just tested on my local machine to search by part of word and it was returning the correct results. Even my full-text search was disabled.

For example I have searched for "nch" or "cbo" and the search returned the "Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch" product.

I suggest you to raise a ticket, where you will securely specify your admin credentials, database type and version and your nopCommerce version.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
bestofelectricals
5 years ago
#15117 Quote
hi, I am using Nop Instant Search on version 3.9, when I am using '&" in search query it removes complete query after '&' and returns nothing same thing I have checked on the demo site as well where i guess its version 4.1 same problem is there.
Example: when i search for L&T or C&S it gives results for L and C respectively.
anton_ivanov
5 years ago
#15125 Quote
Hello,

I'm not able to reproduce this on my local machine. Can you try updating the Instant Search and Ajax Filters plugins to the latest versions on your store and see if this issue is still present?

You can learn more on how to update a plugin in this article from our documentation.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
bestofelectricals
5 years ago
#15129 Quote
Hi,
Use the following URL
http://demos.nop-templates.com/filterSearch and put the search query "L&T" and see what result it gives similarly "C&S", same problem is there with the search bar on the top.
bestofelectricals
4 years ago
#15628 Quote
anton_ivanov wrote:
Hello,

I'm not able to reproduce this on my local machine. Can you try updating the Instant Search and Ajax Filters plugins to the latest versions on your store and see if this issue is still present?

You can learn more on how to update a plugin in this article from our documentation.

Hope that helps!

Hi,
Use the following URL
http://demos.nop-templates.com/filterSearch and put the search query "L&T" and see what result it gives similarly "C&S", same problem is there with the search bar on the top.
chess1926
6 months ago
#22281 Quote
Instant Search randomly selecting/highlighting first item in items dropdown with HighlightFirstFoundElementToBeSelected set to False.

Instant Search is randomly selecting/highlighting the first item in the Items list when entering a search word.  We want the search to always go to the Search Results page on Enter key instead of the first item.

Highlight first element is unchecked.

NopCommerce Version 4.50.4
InstantSearch Version: 4.5
Theme:  Pavillion

Site:  Chessex.com
Usually I use search words like Green, Blue, Black, Glass

Thanks

Boyko
6 months ago
#22284 Quote
chess1926 wrote:
Instant Search randomly selecting/highlighting first item in items dropdown with HighlightFirstFoundElementToBeSelected set to False.

Instant Search is randomly selecting/highlighting the first item in the Items list when entering a search word.  We want the search to always go to the Search Results page on Enter key instead of the first item.

Highlight first element is unchecked.

NopCommerce Version 4.50.4
InstantSearch Version: 4.5
Theme:  Pavillion

Site:  Chessex.com
Usually I use search words like Green, Blue, Black, Glass

Thanks

Hi chess1926,

It looks like it would highlight it when the search keyword is found in the title of the product. I guess you also have the search in Desciptions enabled and thus some of the found product names do not contain the search term while others do.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team