Close

Is it possible keep showing left hand Main navigation meny on the left hand side on sub catagories pages?

Freddy1234
6 years ago
#14307 Quote
Is there any setting in pavilion theme that let you control the the ability to keep showing  the left hand Meny on subcategories?

Reason that i am asking is that when entering into a subcategory on pavilion theme for example

Main category is clothes and  sub category is footwear, but i also have headwear, T-shirts etc under the same Menu

The only way now to navigate back is by using breadcrumbs trail or go trough top mega menu again  (Not very user friendly) When having around 15 main categories that contains around 200-300 subcategories and containing 25000+ products

But if i could keep the Main category menu even when into a subcategory that would help alot
this is how it looks when being in one subcategory now
Valentin
6 years ago
#14308 Quote
Freddy1234 wrote:
Is there any setting in pavilion theme that let you control the the ability to keep showing  the left hand Meny on subcategories?

Reason that i am asking is that when entering into a subcategory on pavilion theme for example

Main category is clothes and  sub category is footwear, but i also have headwear, T-shirts etc under the same Menu

The only way now to navigate back is by using breadcrumbs trail or go trough top mega menu again  (Not very user friendly) When having around 15 main categories that contains around 200-300 subcategories and containing 25000+ products

But if i could keep the Main category menu even when into a subcategory that would help alot
this is how it looks when being in one subcategory now

Greetings,

there is no such setting in the Pavilion theme, but you have your main navigation available at all times on click in the header - allowing you to access all of your main Categories.

You also have a side menu with all your Sub-categories in the Catalog page, available for each Category selected from the main menu.

Our customers have many levels of sub-categories and for such cases, this is as user-friendly as it can be.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Have a nice day!
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com
Freddy1234
6 years ago
#14309 Quote
I think my issue is mostly the navigation back after you are at the end of a category branch
For Example if you go here:
http://www.themes.pavilion.nop-templates.com/engine-oil-fluids

And now try navigate back to the layer/ category above, the Tools, Maintanance & Care category in a good simple way.

Ofcourse Breadcrumbs can at first sound as the easiest way doing this
Bbut do costumers really understand that they need to use that one ?
(we understand, but we do work within Ecommerce)

Try and use the main navigation to get to the layer above (think about doing that but only on  a much bigger store/category structure then the demo site

That is why i was asking regarding questions regarding menu :) and settings before i probably will have my developers to try to solve it :)

Would love seeing a solution something like this

If a subcategory ,do not have any subcategories  attached show the previous category menu before that one

Otherwise like the Template it gives many options and settings that works very good

Valentin
6 years ago
#14313 Quote
Freddy1234 wrote:
I think my issue is mostly the navigation back after you are at the end of a category branch
For Example if you go here:
http://www.themes.pavilion.nop-templates.com/engine-oil-fluids

And now try navigate back to the layer/ category above, the Tools, Maintanance & Care category in a good simple way.

Ofcourse Breadcrumbs can at first sound as the easiest way doing this
Bbut do costumers really understand that they need to use that one ?
(we understand, but we do work within Ecommerce)

Try and use the main navigation to get to the layer above (think about doing that but only on  a much bigger store/category structure then the demo site

That is why i was asking regarding questions regarding menu :) and settings before i probably will have my developers to try to solve it :)

Would love seeing a solution something like this

If a subcategory ,do not have any subcategories  attached show the previous category menu before that one

Otherwise like the Template it gives many options and settings that works very good

Thank you for your consideration. But as we have already many clients using the side menu with its current functionality such modification cannot be implemented globally.

You can always use our User Voice portal to make such suggestions, this way we would see how many others find it useful and figure out if we should implement it or not.

Have a nice day!
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com