Close

Using Quick Tabs

Maxine_K83
11 years ago
#2048 Quote
Hi There,

I have a couple of questions regarding Quick Tabs.

At the moment we have two showing on each product page - Overview (which I have renamed Specification) and Review.

It seems that when I am in a product in the Admin section of NopCommerce if I put content into the Full Description section this then appear on the Front End under Specification which is what we want so that fine - is this the way to do it though?

Also, I have just created a new Tab called Buyer's Guide. Have attached it to every product so that it appears and it does however, where do i put the content in so the content appear in the tab? where does this go?

many thanks
Boyko
11 years ago
#2049 Quote
Maxine_K83 wrote:
Hi There,

I have a couple of questions regarding Quick Tabs.

At the moment we have two showing on each product page - Overview (which I have renamed Specification) and Review.

It seems that when I am in a product in the Admin section of NopCommerce if I put content into the Full Description section this then appear on the Front End under Specification which is what we want so that fine - is this the way to do it though?

Also, I have just created a new Tab called Buyer's Guide. Have attached it to every product so that it appears and it does however, where do i put the content in so the content appear in the tab? where does this go?

many thanks

Question 1: Yes, the Overview tab gets its content of the product full description.

Question 2: Any custom tab gets its content from the information added to the Tab itself i.e when you create a new Tab called Buyer's Guide then you add the content of this tab. Mapping the Tab to any set of products will simply display the Tab with its content on all these products. This way you can share common information i.e buyer's guide on several products. You can map a given Tab to a category/manufacturer and then it will be shown on all products in this category/manufacturer.

Please refer to the online documentation for more information!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Maxine_K83
11 years ago
#2050 Quote
Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I did look at the online documentation first before emailing you.

if you add the content to the tab when you make it then that content will be the same for all products which isn't ideal.

How do you make it have different content for different products? i.e different products will have different buyers guides.

thanks
Boyko
11 years ago
#2051 Quote
Maxine_K83 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I did look at the online documentation first before emailing you.

if you add the content to the tab when you make it then that content will be the same for all products which isn't ideal.

How do you make it have different content for different products? i.e different products will have different buyers guides.

thanks

Hi Maxine_K83,

Yes, it is not ideal and you have to create a new Buyer's Guide for every product if you want different Buyer's Guides. But where do you suggest to get the different content from?

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Maxine_K83
11 years ago
#2052 Quote
Oh crikey.

I'm not sure, what i thought might happen is when you create it and make it appear under every product I thought a new box would appear in the product details like where the Full Description is with the name of the new tab so you could put the information in it.

If there is no other way then I'll just have to create one for every product that needs a different buyers guide - can you call them all Buyer's Guide though or will they need to have different names?

Not ideal but if there's no other way, then that's it :)
Boyko
11 years ago
#2053 Quote
Maxine_K83 wrote:
Oh crikey.

I'm not sure, what i thought might happen is when you create it and make it appear under every product I thought a new box would appear in the product details like where the Full Description is with the name of the new tab so you could put the information in it.

If there is no other way then I'll just have to create one for every product that needs a different buyers guide - can you call them all Buyer's Guide though or will they need to have different names?

Not ideal but if there's no other way, then that's it :)

What you have thought definitely makes sense. This is a good idea for future versions of the plugin. Unfortunately you will have to name each new tab with the same name. This is how the plugins work and it is really intended to create Tabs that can be shared between a set of products i.e Warranty tab and the information in this tab is exactly the same for all these products. The Tabs are not very much intended for individual products but we can improve that in future versions.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Maxine_K83
11 years ago
#2054 Quote
Cool, well i'm glad i could help in that way, it would be great to see it in a template upgrade :)

thanks for all your help.
Oakstone
11 years ago
#2367 Quote
I was reviewing Quick Tabs for the exact same issue. I thought a new option or tab would appear under Edit Product Details for me to add content for the individual product. We want a set of tabs to appear for one set of products and another set of tabs to appear for another line of products. Each product would have unique content.

Quick Tabs is designed to put the same content across selected products, categories, and/or manufacturers. Useful, but for my current needs.

We have accomplished this in the past using JqueryUI.