Close

Getting a "No web page error" from the Automatic Integration step.

dcarny
12 years ago
#29 Quote
I have installed the core and slider plugin and when i go the admin Plugins > Nop Home Page sliders > Settings....i get a blank white page with the following error message...

We're sorry, there is no Web page matching your request.

It's possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists. In this case, we profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause.
Support
12 years ago
#30 Quote
Hi dcarny,

What version of nopCommerce are you using 2.0 or 2.1?
Could you check that all of the following conditions are true:

1. The Plugins folder of your web site contains the following folders:

SevenSpikes.Core
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.HomPageSliders

2. The App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt contains these entries

SevenSpikes.Core
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.HomPageSliders

If so could you restart your web server and try again.

If you still encounter this problem please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Nop-Templates Team
dcarny
12 years ago
#31 Quote
I am using NopCommerce version 2.1

Yes, i checked (1) to make sure both SevenSpikes folders are there.
and i also confirmed that (2) both names were in the \InstalledPlugins.txt file.

Then i stopped and started the web service and then restarted firefox browser and went to the admin > plugins > Nop Home Page Slider > Settings....  But i still get the same error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Razorback
12 years ago
#32 Quote
Hi All
Had the same problem, symptoms and checks as dcarny, Nothing was happening until i added <trust level="Full"/> to system.web in web.config.

works now, although i was getting a error message about some thing "not returning a JSON", untill i added some slides.

Q. for support, Is the source code available for this plugin as i'd like to see whats happening in the background and would prefer not to run in full trust mode.

Hope this helps...
Boyko
12 years ago
#33 Quote
Hi guys,

We managed to reproduce the problem.
The actual problem seems to be how nopCommerce works with newly installed plugins.
It is a general problem, so we are going to report it in the nopCommerce forums.
EDIT: The problem is reported here

Solution:

The easiest fix is to simply change the Global.asax file’s date modified, which will cause you application to restart and find the controllers of the newly installed plugins. There are other ways to restart your web application as the ASP.NET engine watches for changes in several places i.e the bin folder of the application. But the simplest and easiest way is to change the Global.asax file.

How to do it?

You can do this by opening the file Global.asax in Notepad and simply add a blank space at the end of the file and then save it.
The Global.asax file is located in the main folder of your application(the same folder where the Web.config file is).
Make sure the Global.asax file has an updated date modified.

You should now be able to open the plugin pages.

Kind Regards,
Nop-Templates Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Boyko
12 years ago
#34 Quote
Hi Razorback,

Thank you for your help.
Your problem with no images for the sliders will be investigate and an update will be available shortly.

Razorback wrote:
Hi All
Had the same problem, symptoms and checks as dcarny, Nothing was happening until i added <trust level="Full"/> to system.web in web.config.

Can you revert your changes in the web.config file and try again.
There is no need to change any trust level as it has nothing to do with the plugins.
We believe that your change has just triggered the web server to restart and actually led to the same effect as changing the Global.asax file.
Please check out our previous post.

Razorback wrote:

Q. for support, Is the source code available for this plugin as i'd like to see whats happening in the background and would prefer not to run in full trust mode.

Please remove the trust mode it is not needed.
No, the source code is not available for this plugin.

Kind Regards,
Nop-Templates Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
dcarny
12 years ago
#35 Quote
Great! This works now. I am now able to select the Admin > PLugins >Slider > Settings.
Thanks for all the quick, reliable support.
dev
12 years ago
#38 Quote
The demo for Nop Fashion Theme is not working.
Support
12 years ago
#39 Quote
Hi dev.amal,

Nop Fashion theme is not released yet!
We intend to release the theme for nopCommerce 2.0, nopCommerce 2.1 and nopCommerce 2.2 in the end of next week.
Once the theme is released you will be able to see the live demo.

Kind Regards,
Nop-Templates Team