Close

Bugs

iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10361 Quote
Hi,

The current latest build version for 3.40 is 3.4.1165.17656. You can try to update to the latest version. 

Possible cause for this is if you have JQuery included twice on your site. Can you make sure that you have JQuery loaded only once or provide us with link to your website so we can check ourselves ? 
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
joster
8 years ago
#10377 Quote
iliyan.tanev wrote:
Hi,

The current latest build version for 3.40 is 3.4.1165.17656. You can try to update to the latest version. 

Possible cause for this is if you have JQuery included twice on your site. Can you make sure that you have JQuery loaded only once or provide us with link to your website so we can check ourselves ? 

I let my license expire 2 months ago because I did not think there would be any more updates for 3.40, so when I download my Alfresco theme now, the version is still just 3.4.1163.17390 

I disabled script bundling, and can see only one Jquery version that appears twice:
<script src="/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxCart/Scripts/jquery.json-2.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView/Scripts/jquery.json-2.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Today, I also noticed that in addition to the quicktabs losing their styling, the cloudzoom is repositioned about 250px lower than it should be whenever I have the hotjar script in place.

I will PM you with the admin login for my development site, so that you can see the problem.

Thanks!
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10380 Quote
Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not offer support when you do not have a license. We can advice you, but this is the best we can do in the forum. If you need more you will have to raise a ticket

Also, keep in mind that we do not offer support for cases in which you have custom modifications or third party components that are the reason for unexpected behavior. 

In your case the reason is probably the hotjar script. Do you experience any unexpected behavior when you remove everything related to hotjar ?
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
joster
8 years ago
#10384 Quote
iliyan.tanev wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not offer support when you do not have a license. We can advice you, but this is the best we can do in the forum. If you need more you will have to raise a ticket

Also, keep in mind that we do not offer support for cases in which you have custom modifications or third party components that are the reason for unexpected behavior. 

In your case the reason is probably the hotjar script. Do you experience any unexpected behavior when you remove everything related to hotjar ?

No, everything works fine without the little hotjar javascript added...as you can see on our production site (I PM'd you the link yesterday)

I am not asking you to fix anything..just to suggest why such a minimal little javascript (hotjar) might be interfering with your theme scripts.

I'd also suggest that it will benefit more than just me to have remediation steps available to deal with the conflicts. Hotjar is rapidly increasing in popularity, and this will undoubtedly become an issue for more of your theme/plugin users in the future.
joster
8 years ago
#10392 Quote
iliyan.tanev wrote:
Hi,

A few months ago, you offered to send the updated SevenSpikesExtensions.js file to a customer who's license had expired:
http://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/2615/suddenly-many-plugins-stopped-working-correctly#9697

Can I ask you to do the same for me? (version 3.40)
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10397 Quote
Hi,

I would guess that the JS error is the reason for all the issues. Probably hotjar have some JQuery plugin named isMobile that conflicts with ours. 

We agree that hotjar is a nice tool and we are going to do something about this issues. In fact we already did, but it will be available for 3.70.

We can send you the latest SevenSpikesExtensions.js for 3.40. Please send an email to [email protected].
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
joster
8 years ago
#10404 Quote
iliyan.tanev wrote:
Hi,

I would guess that the JS error is the reason for all the issues. Probably hotjar have some JQuery plugin named isMobile that conflicts with ours. 

We agree that hotjar is a nice tool and we are going to do something about this issues. In fact we already did, but it will be available for 3.70.

We can send you the latest SevenSpikesExtensions.js for 3.40. Please send an email to [email protected].

Ok, thank you. I will email you. Maybe the new version of your script will work.
I received a response from support at hotjar:

Hey Steve,

Unfortunately this is an incompatibility with the SevenSpikes script you're using and we can't resolve from our end. It sets up a $.isMobile() method, which normally should be a $.isMobile property and this breaks the whole script. We have encountered this once before with the SevenSpikes script and I've added an item in our backlog to see whether we can change our script, but since it's SevenSpikes using a non-standard method we may or may not try to change how our script works.

There are other users of the SevenSpikes template with the same issue and my recommendation would be to see if there's a newer version of the script to use instead.

Thanks,
Patrik
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10410 Quote
Hi,

In 3.70 we have refactored the script and this problem won't exist anymore. 

We encourage you to update to the latest version after the release, which should be today for nopCommerce and tomorrow for us.

There are a lot of bug fixes and performance optimizations, for our product and in nopCommerce in general, since 3.40.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
Deni
8 years ago
#10411 Quote
joster wrote:
Ok, thank you. I will email you. Maybe the new version of your script will work.
I received a response from support at hotjar:

Hey Steve,

Unfortunately this is an incompatibility with the SevenSpikes script you're using and we can't resolve from our end. It sets up a $.isMobile() method, which normally should be a $.isMobile property and this breaks the whole script. We have encountered this once before with the SevenSpikes script and I've added an item in our backlog to see whether we can change our script, but since it's SevenSpikes using a non-standard method we may or may not try to change how our script works.

There are other users of the SevenSpikes template with the same issue and my recommendation would be to see if there's a newer version of the script to use instead.

Thanks,
Patrik

Hi, 

I must emphasize that our script works fine.

The problem is that both we and the hotjar uses bad practice and this caused to collision between our scripts.

So, to improve our code, we decided to modify the way our scripts work and in the new 3.70 version we have sevenSpikes object which will hold all our methods. Maybe hotjar should do the same.

Because we do not plan to merge all these changes back to 3.40, we have a workaround for this. It applies for all versions before 3.70.

1. Make a global search and replace in the nopCommerce folder. Find this: .isMobile() and replace it with: .isMobile7Spikes().

2. Go to the /Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core/Scripts/SevenSpikesExtensions.js file and replace this: isMobile: and replace it with: isMobile7Spikes:

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
joster
8 years ago
#10419 Quote
Deni wrote:
 we have a workaround for this. It applies for all versions before 3.70.

1. Make a global search and replace in the nopCommerce folder. Find this: .isMobile() and replace it with: .isMobile7Spikes().

2. Go to the /Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core/Scripts/SevenSpikesExtensions.js file and replace this: isMobile: and replace it with: isMobile7Spikes:

I hope this helped !

YES! Very much so!

Initially, I thought the isMobile() function appeared only on these scripts:
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Core\Scripts\SevenSpikesExtensions.js
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView\Scripts\QuickView.min.js
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CloudZoom\Scripts\cloud-zoom-custom.min.js

Changing on these three scripts fixed CloudZoom only, but my quick tabs and jcarousels still did not work correctly.

But then, I also found this:
b.isMobile()
..on this script:

\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxCart\Scripts\AjaxCart.min.js

I also changed that per your instructions, and now everything works perfectly again!

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me resolve this issue!