Close

General Discussion

Deni
8 years ago
#10269 Quote
baloghc wrote:
I noticed in 3.6 the sliders "title" box now allows for rich HTML, images etc. I have not been able to test it yet though. What was the purpose of making this change? We were looking to track click events on our sliders, can HTML code be placed in that box in order to accomplish that?

Thank you!

Hi, 

We have allowed HTML for the slide title, because many clients wanted it.
This can give them the ability to apply some special styling on the title, which will make the slide to look better.

If you want to track clicks on the sliders, I suggest you to add the JS in the sliders View or JS files. If it is in the view, you can even pass the ID and name of the slider - this could be of help for tracking.
For example: the files: \Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders\Views\AnywhereSliders\NivoSlider.cshtml or \Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders\Scripts\nivo\jquery.nivo.slider.js.

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
baloghc
8 years ago
#10270 Quote
Thanks for the quick response. So if we have a single slider that has 50 images, we can add JavaScript to the .cshtml or .js file in order to track each image individually? I wasn't sure if just the slider had an id to track by or if it was possible to do it for each image.
Nop 3.7 - ArtFactory
Nop 4.0 - Lavella, Venture, Smart, ArtFactory
Deni
8 years ago
#10279 Quote
baloghc wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. So if we have a single slider that has 50 images, we can add JavaScript to the .cshtml or .js file in order to track each image individually? I wasn't sure if just the slider had an id to track by or if it was possible to do it for each image.

Hi, 

Yes, it is OK to add the JS either in the .cshtml or .js files. Each slider has an ID, by which you can make your tracking.

You will just need to add a logic to add each image unique ID, for easier tracking or you can just use their URLs.

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
ideadocet
5 years ago
#15031 Quote
Hello,
I was wondering how to Add a Slider inside a new Topic page.
Is this possibile simply copying any JS/Code using NOP backend, or does this requires any Developer activities? How to do this?

Thank you,
Marco
SDobrev
5 years ago
#15040 Quote
Hi,

This will require modifications because the plugin integrates to the pages via widget zones but in the topic page, there aren't any.

You have to add a new custom widget zone to the TopicDetails.cshtml page and add the same widget zone to the AnywhereSliders SupportedWidgetZones.xml.

Here is the code for adding a widget zone in the topic view. It is for nopCommerce 4.1 if you are using an older version the code for adding a widget zone will be different but you can find it in the other views:

@await Component.InvokeAsync("Widget", new { widgetZone = "your_custom_widgetzone" })

and here is what you have to add in the SupportedWidgetZones.xml of the plugin:

<WidgetZone>your_custom_widgetzone</WidgetZone>

Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
ideadocet
5 years ago
#15043 Quote
Thank you!
BlueFire
4 years ago
#16325 Quote
I just bought version 4.2 and noticed that the option 'Enable using thumbnails for control navigation' only shows the first thumbnail. I tried changing around the options but nothing I did made all thumbnails visible. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? If it's easily fixable in code, I'm comfortable doing that until a permanent fix is available. You can see the single thumbnail on our website - bluefire-llc.com.
anton_ivanov
4 years ago
#16353 Quote
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this!

We've fixed the issue in the latest version of the plugin. You will need to update the plugin on your store.

You can read about how to update a plugin in this article from our documentation.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
BlueFire
4 years ago
#16362 Quote
When I went to update to the latest version, I deleted the plugins first then uploaded the new zip file. The plugins got copied into the plugins folder but they don't show up under the local plugins list. I've tried everything I can think of to make them show up but to no avail. Any suggestions?
BlueFire
4 years ago
#16363 Quote
BlueFire wrote:
When I went to update to the latest version, I deleted the plugins first then uploaded the new zip file. The plugins got copied into the plugins folder but they don't show up under the local plugins list. I've tried everything I can think of to make them show up but to no avail. Any suggestions?

I did notice that the plugin dll files were not copied into the plugins dll folder if that helps figuring out what's going on.