Close

General Discussion

edcorusa
12 years ago
#520 Quote
I am sorry, I miss understood. No, I do not think this would work for you.
Brian Weston
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
www.edcorusa.com
[email protected]
12 years ago
#521 Quote
Is there any plugin at nop that suit my needs
Support
12 years ago
#522 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Is there any plugin at nop that suit my needs

Hi,

What you want is not possible with Nop Anywhere Sliders.
I don't think it will ever be possible in the future with the Sliders as what you have described is a completely different functionality with the only common thing is the sliding. Note that the Anywhere Sliders work with images uploaded by the store admin and not images of any existing products(categories) in the store.
As far as I understand you want a plugin that allows a number of products to be rotated as in the web sites you have pointed. I think this needs to be a separate plugin that allows binding to some product data source. Example usage is for feature products, new products, related products, etc.
If there is a demand from the community for such a plugin we will be more than happy to implement it. You can always give new ideas and vote for others in our UserVoice portal.

P.S: I don't know for such a plugin for nopCommerce.

Regards,
Boyko Bonev
edcorusa
12 years ago
#523 Quote
I would have to say, that plug-in would be nice. I could see it being used as a way to replace the standard "related products" and what "other also purchased" products at the bottom of a product page. Some of my products may have 5 to 10 products that are related to it. I really try not to add more than 6 related products because of the number of rows it adds and the product page become very long. By having a slide bar of say 3 to 5 product would keep the page length down and would allow the customer to scroll through them if the wish. This would also be nice for new products added. You could have a slide bar at the bottom of your home/catalog page where you could have a slider of the recently add products.

Could you please supply a link to add and vote on this type of plugin?

Thanks.
Brian Weston
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
www.edcorusa.com
Support
12 years ago
#526 Quote
edcorusa wrote:
I would have to say, that plug-in would be nice. I could see it being used as a way to replace the standard "related products" and what "other also purchased" products at the bottom of a product page. Some of my products may have 5 to 10 products that are related to it. I really try not to add more than 6 related products because of the number of rows it adds and the product page become very long. By having a slide bar of say 3 to 5 product would keep the page length down and would allow the customer to scroll through them if the wish. This would also be nice for new products added. You could have a slide bar at the bottom of your home/catalog page where you could have a slider of the recently add products.

Could you please supply a link to add and vote on this type of plugin?

Thanks.

Yes, your scenario is exactly what I was thinking of.
You can add you idea in our UserVoice portal.

I can see there are already two similar ideas, so if you can make these guys to vote for your idea I am pretty sure it will make us consider implementing it.

Best Regards,
Boyko Bonev
Nop-Templates Team
evalulu
11 years ago
#853 Quote
Hi there

I downloaded the Anywhere sliders and installed it on my nopcommerce system. However I have limited knowledge on programming and couldn't find a thread to mention how to integrate the slider to show only on homepage.

I'm currently using NopCommerce 2.40 and would appreciate if anybody could show me how to do that. Thanks.
Support
11 years ago
#854 Quote
evalulu wrote:
Hi there

I downloaded the Anywhere sliders and installed it on my nopcommerce system. However I have limited knowledge on programming and couldn't find a thread to mention how to integrate the slider to show only on homepage.

I'm currently using NopCommerce 2.40 and would appreciate if anybody could show me how to do that. Thanks.

Hi evalulu,

The easiest way is to use Manual itegration on the home page, which is Home\Index.cshtml file.
Please read the online documentation of the sliders point 2.1 - http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopAnywhereSliders/Version_2_5/lessons/Integration.html

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
ctetik1989
11 years ago
#856 Quote
Hi,

First of all, thanks for your product. I installed anywhere plugin as in the instructions. But,it gives an error such as "dbo.anywhereslider not found". I tried both manual and automatic ways in the instruction document. But, both gives the same error. How can I fix it? If I should create an anywhereslider table, which columns should it have?

Regards,
Support
11 years ago
#857 Quote
ctetik1989 wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thanks for your product. I installed anywhere plugin as in the instructions. But,it gives an error such as "dbo.anywhereslider not found". I tried both manual and automatic ways in the instruction document. But, both gives the same error. How can I fix it? If I should create an anywhereslider table, which columns should it have?

Regards,

Hi,

Which version of nopCommerce are you using?
Are you using SQL Server or SQL Compact Edition?
Please note that when the Sliders are being installed they automatically create any database tables needed.

Best Regards,
ctetik1989
11 years ago
#858 Quote
Support wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Hi,

Which version of nopCommerce are you using?
Are you using SQL Server or SQL Compact Edition?
Please note that when the Sliders are being installed they automatically create any database tables needed.

Best Regards,

I am using nopcommerce 2.4 and anywhere plugin 2.4. My datasource is SQL server.