Close

Feature Requests

IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2283 Quote
mstuart wrote:
I demoed the AjaxFilters to my client today.  They liked it, but had two complaints.

1) Performance.  

They did not like how long it took to return results.  I mentioned that it is was due to the including of subcategories and the number of products, but that didn't go over so well.

They showed me two sites where similar filters are used and have even more products than they do.

http://www.zappos.com/mens-shoes~ov

and

http://www.ebay.com/sch/93427/i.html?_sop=12&_ipg=48&_dcat=93427

2) As a compromise to the performance, they asked if it was possible to have a  "go" or "apply" filter button enabling the user to make multiple selections first then click a button to filter.  This would speed things up a bit due to not having to wait for the response before clicking each filter item.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/sch/93427/i.html?_sop=12&_ipg=48&_dcat=93427

(clicking the "see all" link displays more options with a "go" button)

Hi mstuart

We are aware of the performance issue of the Ajax Filters plugin. It appears when you have more than a thousand products with many specification and attribute options in a single category. At the moment we are working on improving the performance of the filters and we will let you know as soon as we are ready.

It is a good suggestion to add "apply"  button to the filters to apply a selection. Can you please add this to our User voice portal, so that other clients can see it and vote.

For the moment I suggest to reduce the number of products in a category to 200-300 and not include products from subcategories.

Best wishes,

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
dublicator
10 years ago
#2672 Quote
Please add vendor filtering for 3.00 version.
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2673 Quote
dublicator wrote:
Please add vendor filtering for 3.00 version.

Hi dublicator,

The vendors are not shown in the public store, so at the moment we do not intend to add filtering by vendor.

Ivan Stoyanov
dublicator
10 years ago
#2675 Quote
Is it possible to add this filtering by hand?
Support
10 years ago
#2682 Quote
Hi dublicator,

Unfortunately it is not easy, in fact it will be very hard, to add it by hand, because the whole logic of the filters should be changed. As you know the specification, attribute, manufacturer and price range filters interact with each other, so adding a new filtering group is not straightforward at all. Furthermore vendor logic in nopCommerce is developed to be in use only in the administration and in the public part of the store, users cannot recognize whether one product is from one vendor or another.
You can propose this feature in our user voice portal and if customers see value in adding vendors to the ajax filters we will consider implementing it in the filters by default.

Thank you for your suggestion!
mstuart
10 years ago
#2845 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:

Hi mstuart

We are aware of the performance issue of the Ajax Filters plugin. It appears when you have more than a thousand products with many specification and attribute options in a single category. At the moment we are working on improving the performance of the filters and we will let you know as soon as we are ready.

It is a good suggestion to add "apply"  button to the filters to apply a selection. Can you please add this to our User voice portal, so that other clients can see it and vote.

For the moment I suggest to reduce the number of products in a category to 200-300 and not include products from subcategories.

Best wishes,

Ivan Stoyanov

With the release of Nop Ajax Filter 3.0, has the performance issues been fixed?
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2848 Quote
mstuart wrote:

Hi mstuart

Best wishes,

Ivan Stoyanov

With the release of Nop Ajax Filter 3.0, has the performance issues been fixed?

Hi mstuart,

We are happy to announce, that the performance issues with the Nop Ajax Filters plugin has been fixed. Now the plugin is very fast. Also we have configured it to work on manufacturer pages.
To use the new features, you need to download the package from our website, replace the Nop Ajax Filters and Core plugins and re-install the Nop Ajax Filters plugin.

Ivan Stoyanov
mstuart
10 years ago
#2853 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:

Hi mstuart,

We are happy to announce, that the performance issues with the Nop Ajax Filters plugin has been fixed. Now the plugin is very fast. Also we have configured it to work on manufacturer pages.
To use the new features, you need to download the package from our website, replace the Nop Ajax Filters and Core plugins and re-install the Nop Ajax Filters plugin.

Ivan Stoyanov

Perfect!  Thank you very much!
pctech
10 years ago
#2992 Quote
Hi,

First, let me say that you've done a great job putting together a quality set of plugins for nopCommerce. There is a lot of work that goes into this, and you should be applauded.

I do have a feature request for AjaxFilters. At this time, every product specification that is added to the products in a category appear in the filter. This is great, but if you have a large collection of specifications between all the products the list can grow to be huge and the page size grows accordingly...

Would you consider adding the ability to load a maximum number of specifications to the list and if the list is larger than that maximum including a "more..." or "view all" link to the bottom of the list that will expand it if the customer wants to see more within that specification filter? This would allow us to have everything available to the online customer if he/she wants to view it.

Another suggestion would be to allow the website admin to set the default state of the list upon page load - collapsed or expanded for each specification attribute...

Here is an example that shows both scenarios: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=10&name=Memory-RAM

Notice that in the Manufacturer's filter only 5 manufacturers are shown initially. The user can then click the "See More..." link to show the rest of the manufacturers in the list...

Scroll down a bit and you will see that the following filters load collapsed by default:
- Memory Channels
- Memory Socket
- Pins
- ECC

Thanks again for the great products, you guys are superstars when it comes to this stuff.

Sincerely,

Jose
Jose Gonzalez
Boyko
10 years ago
#2996 Quote
pctech wrote:

Hi Jose,

Thank you for the kind words. What you suggest makes perfectly sense.
By the way in the current version of the Filters you can collapse the various filter boxes if you haven't noticed it.
Would you mind adding your great idea in our UserVoice portal and let others vote for it. If it gets enough votes, which I am sure it will, we will consider implementing it in one of the next versions of nopCommerce.

Many thanks again and have a great weekend!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team