Close

Feature Requests

YashChandra
12 years ago
#273 Quote
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions! Such feedback is greatly appreciated by us, as it helps improve our products in a way that customers can benefit from.

I think 1. is mandatory to be implemented and we intend to do it with the next release.
3. is very useful although not straightforward to do as it will require database changes. However we will definitely consider it.
4. we will investigate for the next release, although it seems to require the use of the price calculation service in nopCommerce and this could lead to performance problems with the price range filter.
2. seems seems a bit specific at the moment, although I could think of a few web sites that have this type of filtering. It should be easy to implement, so again this will go on our list of features to consider.

All in all, only 4 seems like a bit of a problem for now. But everything else is quite good! So thanks again.
Please note that by next release I mean for the next version of nopCommerce, which is 2.4.
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
Craft
12 years ago
#620 Quote
Hello!

Do you plan to do some SEO optimization по this module?
URL route for selected filters, page settings and paging list.

Ajax is very good and powerfull, but when page do not indexed by google and by other search engine - it is very bad.
YashChandra
12 years ago
#623 Quote
Hi Craft,

Thanks for suggesting this!
Please note that the pages will still be indexed by Google as the Categories Navigation is using links and when a category is first loaded the Pager control is again using links. So a search engine will be able to craw all you categories and products.
However having the filters build an url with the selection has other benefits. You might want to use the link when pointing users to your web site and to a particular set of products from other web sites: social web sites, forums, e-commerce product aggregators, etc...
So in summary I would like to say that we do like your suggestion and would like to implement it for the next release. Would you be able to post an User Voice request for it here:

https://noptemplates.uservoice.com/forums/151226-nop-templates-com-products-feedback

Many Thanks
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
Lucenta
11 years ago
#1231 Quote
Hello,

Great product! I am converting my current nop 2.2 to 2.6, then i'll buy this extension.

I'm already experimenting with the trial version. It occured to me that when using the browser's back button the ajax filter settings are lost. Is there any chance that it will work in feature releases? I assume a lot of customers use their browser's back button.

Thanks in advance!
Support
11 years ago
#1235 Quote
Lucenta wrote:
Hello,

Great product! I am converting my current nop 2.2 to 2.6, then i'll buy this extension.

I'm already experimenting with the trial version. It occured to me that when using the browser's back button the ajax filter settings are lost. Is there any chance that it will work in feature releases? I assume a lot of customers use their browser's back button.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lucenta,

This is not supported by the current version of the Ajax Filters.
It will be possible if we implement the feature suggested here.
Please vote for it as it seems like it is not a much requested feature at the moment.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
viveramedia
11 years ago
#1869 Quote
It would be good if the Ajax filters could have the original URL of the Filter in the link so Google can Crawl a physical page as Google would only ever crawl 1 page per category, if the link was in the filter i.e www.test.com/computers?specs=1,2 that would be indexed as a separate page where at present it doesn't look as if it would, I could be wrong.

This is the only reason I am leaving out Ajax Filters from my Shop All theme and developing the standard ones to work better for SEO.

Many thanks,

Dave
Boyko
11 years ago
#1870 Quote
inspired wrote:
It would be good if the Ajax filters could have the original URL of the Filter in the link so Google can Crawl a physical page as Google would only ever crawl 1 page per category, if the link was in the filter i.e www.test.com/computers?specs=1,2 that would be indexed as a separate page where at present it doesn't look as if it would, I could be wrong.

This is the only reason I am leaving out Ajax Filters from my Shop All theme and developing the standard ones to work better for SEO.

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Could you please provide a link to a web site that has Filters that work with Ajax and build new URLs as you have described?

Thanks!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
viveramedia
11 years ago
#1871 Quote
Sure: http://www.redhotsunglasses.co.uk/mens-sunglasses-c2

As you hover over the filters you can see the URL that will get indexed, if you apply a filter the URL is different (I think you do this already) but the key is the URL that will get indexed rather than the hashed URL that gets added once you apply filters...

I'm working on losing the querystring for specs and manufacturer filter too as google prefers textual facets rather than querystrings, i.e ?specs=1,7 would be like: /dell/cpu-amd instead - but that's another thing all together!

I've been working closely with SEO companies for the past 2 years and they all request this, I am happy to help out where I can if you think this is something you'll be able to add in...

Thanks,

Dave
Boyko
11 years ago
#1876 Quote
inspired wrote:
Sure: http://www.redhotsunglasses.co.uk/mens-sunglasses-c2

As you hover over the filters you can see the URL that will get indexed, if you apply a filter the URL is different (I think you do this already) but the key is the URL that will get indexed rather than the hashed URL that gets added once you apply filters...

I'm working on losing the querystring for specs and manufacturer filter too as google prefers textual facets rather than querystrings, i.e ?specs=1,7 would be like: /dell/cpu-amd instead - but that's another thing all together!

I've been working closely with SEO companies for the past 2 years and they all request this, I am happy to help out where I can if you think this is something you'll be able to add in...

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the link it is very helpful!
This is really interesting but we are not sure if this could be easily implemented in the Filters.
Also we noticed that their Filters don't allow you to remove the initial selection i.e when you have /dell/cpu-amd for example.
Anyway feel free to suggest this in our UserVoice poratal and let see how many people will vote for it.

Best Wishes!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
mstuart
11 years ago
#2278 Quote
I demoed the AjaxFilters to my client today.  They liked it, but had two complaints.

1) Performance.  

They did not like how long it took to return results.  I mentioned that it is was due to the including of subcategories and the number of products, but that didn't go over so well.

They showed me two sites where similar filters are used and have even more products than they do.

http://www.zappos.com/mens-shoes~ov

and

http://www.ebay.com/sch/93427/i.html?_sop=12&_ipg=48&_dcat=93427

2) As a compromise to the performance, they asked if it was possible to have a  "go" or "apply" filter button enabling the user to make multiple selections first then click a button to filter.  This would speed things up a bit due to not having to wait for the response before clicking each filter item.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/sch/93427/i.html?_sop=12&_ipg=48&_dcat=93427

(clicking the "see all" link displays more options with a "go" button)