Close

Bugs

IvanSlater
4 years ago
#9987 Quote
Avatar
  • 89
I see, but once your plugin are sending e-mails, you have to check if everything is fine before send it. It is a simple check that makes all customers happy when receive your sent e-mails without errors.

You are the last process, so some validations are always welcome.

Think about it.

Ivan.
Boyko
3 years ago
#9989 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1437
IvanSlater wrote:
I see, but once your plugin are sending e-mails, you have to check if everything is fine before send it. It is a simple check that makes all customers happy when receive your sent e-mails without errors.

You are the last process, so some validations are always welcome.

Think about it.

Ivan.


Hi Ivan,

I guess that by "some validation" you mean your custom logic validation.
The picture service is responsible for such validation not our plugin. We use to to get the urls to the picture and we assume they are correct. Otherwise we should make validations everywhere is the code. My advice is to add some logic into your implementation of the IPictureService and check if you are in the context of a scheduled task. If so then you should not use cdn urls but use http:// instead. This way when the scheduled task of the reminders is run the code will return the correct urls.
I hope this helps!

Why don't you always add http:// in your picture urls i.e http:////cdn? I guess the email clients will recognize them this way.
Regards,
Boyko Stanev
Nop-Templates.com
Gardenwants
3 years ago
#12183 Quote
Avatar
  • 7
We're using nopCommerce 3.70 (Nop Customer Reminders is also 3.70).
Upon saving the Customer Reminder (eg after enabling the reminder), the message template is automatically updated to be disabled.
This then means the customer receives a blank email. I know it's a simple thing to go into the message template and re-enable it, but the plugin will queue a number of reminders to send to customers still with the blank email.

Gardenwants
3 years ago
#12184 Quote
Avatar
  • 7
Another bug we are experiencing...
We're using nopCommerce 3.70 (Nop Customer Reminders is also 3.70).
The email appears once in the message queue, but the customer is receiving the email twice.

note: It's been speculated that customers have received one email per item in their abandoned cart. We've noticed customers with 1 or 3 items in their basket but have still received 2 emails.
hristian.dimov
3 years ago
#12185 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 386
Gardenwants wrote:
We're using nopCommerce 3.70 (Nop Customer Reminders is also 3.70).
Upon saving the Customer Reminder (eg after enabling the reminder), the message template is automatically updated to be disabled.
This then means the customer receives a blank email. I know it's a simple thing to go into the message template and re-enable it, but the plugin will queue a number of reminders to send to customers still with the blank email.



Hi Gardenwants,

Thank you for reporting this. It will be fixed asap!

Gardenwants wrote:
Another bug we are experiencing...
We're using nopCommerce 3.70 (Nop Customer Reminders is also 3.70).
The email appears once in the message queue, but the customer is receiving the email twice.

note: It's been speculated that customers have received one email per item in their abandoned cart. We've noticed customers with 1 or 3 items in their basket but have still received 2 emails.


This is weird. I don't see how if there is only one message in the queue, the email would be sent twice. Have you done any modifications to how the nopCommerce process  emails?

Also, would you mind telling me which version of Customer Reminders are you using? You can do this by going to Administration -> System -> System Information -> click Show button next to the Loaded assemblies and search for the  SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders, Version=3.7.***.*****, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, where the 3.7.***.***** is your product version.

Looking forward to your reply!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
Gardenwants
3 years ago
#12190 Quote
Avatar
  • 7
hristian.dimov wrote:
We're using nopCommerce 3.70 (Nop Customer Reminders is also 3.70).
Upon saving the Customer Reminder (eg after enabling the reminder), the message template is automatically updated to be disabled.
This then means the customer receives a blank email. I know it's a simple thing to go into the message template and re-enable it, but the plugin will queue a number of reminders to send to customers still with the blank email.



Hi Gardenwants,

Thank you for reporting this. It will be fixed asap!

Another bug we are experiencing...
We're using nopCommerce 3.70 (Nop Customer Reminders is also 3.70).
The email appears once in the message queue, but the customer is receiving the email twice.

note: It's been speculated that customers have received one email per item in their abandoned cart. We've noticed customers with 1 or 3 items in their basket but have still received 2 emails.

This is weird. I don't see how if there is only one message in the queue, the email would be sent twice. Have you done any modifications to how the nopCommerce process  emails?

Also, would you mind telling me which version of Customer Reminders are you using? You can do this by going to Administration -> System -> System Information -> click Show button next to the Loaded assemblies and search for the  SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders, Version=3.7.***.*****, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, where the 3.7.***.***** is your product version.

Looking forward to your reply!



Hi Hristian,
We've not made any changes to the way nopCommerce processes emails.
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders, Version=3.7.734.20381
hristian.dimov
3 years ago
#12194 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 386
Gardenwants wrote:

Hi Hristian,
We've not made any changes to the way nopCommerce processes emails.
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders, Version=3.7.734.20381


Hi Gardenwants,

Until we fix and deploy this, I just want to clear things up. In the customer reminders plugin, we do not take into account the IsActive property of the message templates, because we want to make sure that the emails will be sent always. But I admit that it is a bad customer experience to reset the IsActive value when a reminder is saved. So as I said in my previous answer, we will fix it asap.

About the sending emails twice. In our plugin we just queuing emails. It is the nopCommerce that sent the emails. So if there is only one queued email, but your customers are receiving more than one emails, then the problem is not in our plugin.

In the end, I would like to explain that the number of items in the shopping cart does not reflect on how many emails would be sent. If, for example, there is a customer with 5 items in the shopping cart - only one email is going to be sent. When he adds another item in the cart and reminder's requirements are met, an email would be sent on the next scheduled task cycle.

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
joster
2 years ago
#13093 Quote
Avatar
  • 127
Hello-

I have a bug to report in this version of the CustomerReminders plugin: 3.4.1149.16357

I have two stores configured in my nopCommerce.

I became aware of the problem from Google Search Console reporting 404's.
They listed this address as a 404, but nowhere on my site does that link exist.
/antifungal-foot-cream

I then noticed in our AbandonedCart CustomerReminder that a customer of store1 is seeing items which are in his cart at my store1 AND my store2 in the same email, and showing links to my store2 products, but with store1 domain...which causes the 404s.
In other words, the link reported as a 404 for http://www.store1 (/antifungal-foot-cream) is actually a valid link, but only at the http://www.store2 domain.

I only have the plugin registered for the store1 domain and in the configuration of the abandonedcart reminder, it is set to my store1 domain, so I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it.

Please advise.
joster
2 years ago
#13094 Quote
Avatar
  • 127
I checked "My Downloads" and see that I am entitled to download this version:
NopCustomerReminders_3.4.886.13608
Is that a newer version of the plugin? Will upgrading to it fix my problem?
hristian.dimov
2 years ago
#13095 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 386
joster wrote:
I checked "My Downloads" and see that I am entitled to download this version:
NopCustomerReminders_3.4.886.13608
Is that a newer version of the plugin? Will upgrading to it fix my problem?


Hi,

Yes, upgrading the plugin should fix your issue. The fix is available in the recent version of the 3.4 - 3.4.1168.22998

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com