Close

Bugs

petert
10 years ago
#3237 Quote
Unpaid orders reminder rule sends messages to customers of deleted orders.
Support
10 years ago
#3246 Quote
petert wrote:
Unpaid orders reminder rule sends messages to customers of deleted orders.

Hi petert,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have fixed that and uploaded it on our site. You can update your Nop Customer Reminders plugin by following this article.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Thanks!
petert
10 years ago
#3249 Quote
Great support! Many thanks :)
Morphy989
10 years ago
#3421 Quote
Hi,

i have noticed a customer reminder behavior that is either a bug or a bad activity.
We are running Nop v3.0 with plugin v3.0.680.8287

When I create a customer reminder and set it as enabled, the message template that is created is not set as active. I have to go to message templates and set it as active there. Now, this is not that big of a deal. The bigger problem is that when, after some time, I edit the reminder, any setting, or for testing i don't change anything and just press "Save" or "Save and Continue Edit" the message template deactivates and it has to be manually activated again.
Please try to review this, it is not a big problem but is rather inconvenient.

Thank you,

Morphy.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3423 Quote
Morphy989 wrote:
Hi,

i have noticed a customer reminder behavior that is either a bug or a bad activity.
We are running Nop v3.0 with plugin v3.0.680.8287

When I create a customer reminder and set it as enabled, the message template that is created is not set as active. I have to go to message templates and set it as active there. Now, this is not that big of a deal. The bigger problem is that when, after some time, I edit the reminder, any setting, or for testing i don't change anything and just press "Save" or "Save and Continue Edit" the message template deactivates and it has to be manually activated again.
Please try to review this, it is not a big problem but is rather inconvenient.

Thank you,

Morphy.

Hi Morphy,

That is because there is no need for the message templates that are created via the Reminders to be active. You don't need to set them as Active manually as this doesn't really matter at all as the Reminders are what matters and not the Message templates. In nopCommerce if the Message Template is not active this means that it won't be sent but for the Customer Reminders this is no relevant as the reminder itself could be active or not.
Actually the message template should be marked as inactive as otherwise it could confuse the store owner that these message templates could be used somewhere else outside the customer reminders. These templates could not be used outside the reminders as some of the message tokens are not relevant if not used within a customer reminder.

I am not sure if I made myself clear enough but I hope this makes sense.
If you have additional questions don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Morphy989
10 years ago
#3424 Quote
I understand...that makes perfect sense and it is OK as you explained.
But well...that is actually the problem, i think i missed my point before while explaining the problem. What i forgot to mention is that the messages are not sent if the message template isn't set as active.
Now this could be a problem on our side...but also with the plugin. After your explanation it would be rather badly done if it is a bug, since the way the reminders should work is that they don't check if the template is active or not (if i understood correctly).
I will do a 2nd check of our code and try to find if there is something i missed that's causing this behavior.

Thank you for a quick reply.

Morphy
Boyko
10 years ago
#3425 Quote
Hi Morphy,

I just checked and I can confirm that if the message template is inactive it is still sent via the customer reminder.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Morphy989
10 years ago
#3491 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi Morphy,

I just checked and I can confirm that if the message template is inactive it is still sent via the customer reminder.

Thanks

The plugin is working great :)
On our third run of checking the code we found the problem, it was on our side. I apologize for my mistake, and well, great work with the plugins and support :)

Regards,

Morphy
joster
10 years ago
#4358 Quote
Hello-

I think there is a bug with version 3.20 that causes the customer reminder to not be sent to the store admin or the BCC......but only when the domain of the email address is the same as the domain of the nop site. (www.mydomain.com  and   @mydomain.com)

When we would try a test order with our email address (same domain as the nop domain), we would not receive the reminder, so we thought no customers were receiving them either...this is not the case.

If I change the BCC on the reminder to an address with @gmail.com or other domain, it sends the email successfully.

And if I check out as a customer with an email address other than the same as the nop domain, it sends successfully.

Also, I should add that all other messages configured in our message templates use the same send from email address, and we do receive those without a problem.

Thanks-
atenea
10 years ago
#4407 Quote
I have a store running nopcommerce 3.10 and Electronics theme.
I configured a reminder for unpaid order.
The reminder has also been sent to a customer who chose "cash on delivery" as a payment method.
I think this is not correct.