Close

General Discussion

Boyko
7 years ago
#12344 Quote
Damir wrote:
Hi Damir,

I can assure you that we will correct these to be settings rather than resources.

Hi there!
I just wanted to check if this is implemented as setting now. We want to release another site, but we need different contact information in footer.
Thankx,
Damir

Hi Damir,

No, it is not implemented yet. The main reason why we haven't done so is that existing store owners that update their themes will need to reconfigure their shops to use the new settings. Most store owners don't have multi-store but will still be affected. So we are a bit reluctant to do it now rather than doing this as part of the upgrade to 3.8. At the same time when running a multi-store then you have no way to change it so we will rethink this again if there is a way to make these changes. If we come up with a good way to do this and make the updates as smooth as possible for existing store owners then we will do it.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Damir
7 years ago
#12348 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi Damir,

No, it is not implemented yet. The main reason why we haven't done so is that existing store owners that update their themes will need to reconfigure their shops to use the new settings. Most store owners don't have multi-store but will still be affected. So we are a bit reluctant to do it now rather than doing this as part of the upgrade to 3.8. At the same time when running a multi-store then you have no way to change it so we will rethink this again if there is a way to make these changes. If we come up with a good way to do this and make the updates as smooth as possible for existing store owners then we will do it.

Hello again,

I'm sorry but I don't really see the problem here. If you would change the logic in this then it's just a simple matter of reading the resource string in use and copy it to an appropriate setting when running the update.I suppose there is an SQL script that can be run on the update?
Anyway, I don't really have a problem with this being updated in 3.8, but I think it should be quite easy to copy few resource strings...
Boyko
7 years ago
#12352 Quote
Damir wrote:
Hi Damir,

Hello again,

I'm sorry but I don't really see the problem here. If you would change the logic in this then it's just a simple matter of reading the resource string in use and copy it to an appropriate setting when running the update.I suppose there is an SQL script that can be run on the update?
Anyway, I don't really have a problem with this being updated in 3.8, but I think it should be quite easy to copy few resource strings...

The problem is that the resources are per language while the settings are per store :)
The questions is if you have 3 languages in your store then which of them to use when creating the setting?

I hope you see my point now :)

Actually if you have separate languages for each of your stores (you can limit a language per store) then you can have different information about the addresses etc. and you wouldn't need settings.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
xjtumalin
7 years ago
#12365 Quote
Hi there,  I'm wondering if I can do this kind customization on this theme.

My customer wants to have a div on the right part of banner, this div will display some countdown

selling items. So it won't be a static content. Please take a look at attached picture.

Please help out.

Thanks.

Lin
Damir
7 years ago
#12366 Quote
Boyko wrote:
The problem is that the resources are per language while the settings are per store :)
The questions is if you have 3 languages in your store then which of them to use when creating the setting?

I hope you see my point now :)

Actually if you have separate languages for each of your stores (you can limit a language per store) then you can have different information about the addresses etc. and you wouldn't need settings.
Hello again, Well if it was my project I'd read all resource strings and put them in database of course. It's a small matter of adding the LanguageId parameter and it's done. SettingId|LanguageId|StoreId|String value|... something like that. But You still plan to implement this as settings in 3.8, or have you completely abandoned this idea? Because those really  have nothing to do with language strings. Those are all settings.
Have a nice day,
Damir
Boyko
7 years ago
#12368 Quote
xjtumalin wrote:

My customer wants to have a div on the right part of banner, this div will display some countdown

selling items. So it won't be a static content. Please take a look at attached picture.

Please help out.

Thanks.

Lin

Hi Lin,

I guess you want to have the countdown timer next to the main Slider an not above it as shown in the picture. To achieve this you need to add your div next to the Slider which is integrated via this code on the Home page.
In this file:
Themes\Pavilion\Views\Shared\Header.cshtml

Basically right after this line (around line 137):
@homePageMainSlider

You need to call your own action that will return your dynamic content with the countdown timer.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
xjtumalin
7 years ago
#12369 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Please help out.

Thanks.

Lin

Hi Lin,

I guess you want to have the countdown timer next to the main Slider an not above it as shown in the picture. To achieve this you need to add your div next to the Slider which is integrated via this code on the Home page.
In this file:
Themes\Pavilion\Views\Shared\Header.cshtml

Basically right after this line (around line 137):
@homePageMainSlider

You need to call your own action that will return your dynamic content with the countdown timer.

Hope this helps!

Hi Boyko,

Thank you for the instant reply.  It works for me.

Lin
bsgcraft
7 years ago
#12843 Quote
The category menu on the home page is static and on all other pages it is not. Is it possible to have the home page category menu the same as the rest of the site or vise versa?
Nate Kindom
hristo
7 years ago
#12875 Quote
jkeeler wrote:
The category menu on the home page is static and on all other pages it is not. Is it possible to have the home page category menu the same as the rest of the site or vise versa?

Hello jkeeler,

no this is not possible since the menu is implemented in two different ways on home page and on all other pages. On the other pages the menu list is a part of the header, while on home page it is not. If you want to change this you have to write your custom logic to override the default behavior of the menu and then adapt the css to the new state.

Regards

Regards,
Hristo Gospodinov
Nop-Templates.com
xjtumalin
7 years ago
#13104 Quote
How to remove Paypal icon at footer?  I have Pavilion Theme.

Thanks.