Close

General Discussion

defer
9 years ago
#8707 Quote
Hi again,

Wich files do I need to upgrade to make Media Settings kick in for the image width?
Updating just Nop Store Locator does not seem to work. Any core updates too?

iliyan.tanev
9 years ago
#8719 Quote
Hi,

You need to update the core as well. 

You could refer to this article for more information - How to update a plugin
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
kaka135
9 years ago
#8739 Quote
Thanks Deni,

One of the methods you suggested really help. 

For the second question - to always show the user current's location, I still couldn't get it work yet. Sorry, I am not too familiar with javascript. I put the below code that you shared inside the javascript 'StoreLocatorAllShops.js', in the document ready function, but it still doesn't work.

$('.getUserGeoLocation').click();

Can you please advise where I should put the code? Also, is it possible for me to hide the "Use My Current Location" link but still get it work?

Thank you in advanced.

regards,
Lee Ka

Deni wrote:
Hi Deni,

Sorry, I was looking at the admin demo and thought I need to do some setting. 
Thank you for the added feature, it's awesome.

Can you please guide me how I can make changes to achieve these:
1) Limit the search result to 3 nearest shops only.
2) Always use the user's current location.

Thank you in advanced.

regards,
Lee Ka

Hi, 

1. You can do this via CSS like this:

.shops-list li:nth-child(n+4) {
   display: none;
}

Also, you can suggest this in our User Voice portal to be included as a setting for future releases.

2. Since this is private information and the browsers always ask if you want to provide your location, we can not always use it without the permission of the user.

If you only want to skip the moment when the user needs to click on the "Use My Current Location" link, then you should place this JS code inside any JavaScript file:

$(document).ready(function () {
   $('.getUserGeoLocation').click();
});

Hope this helps!
Deni
9 years ago
#8748 Quote
Hi, 

As I said, the browser will require permission (a popup should appear to ask) from the user to enable the GeoLocation. Also your browser should support it - all modern browsers support it (IE9+, Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, Safari).

In order to hide the element, just modify the previous code to be like this:

$('.getUserGeoLocation').click().hide().next('span').hide();

This will also hide and the hint. If you want to keep the hint, make the code like this:

$('.getUserGeoLocation').click().hide();

I hope this helped!
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
defer
9 years ago
#8922 Quote
Still problem with issue from post #8611. Have updated the latest SevenSpikes: Core, Ajax Filters and StoreLocator dll files from suggested post #8707 with no result.

The uploaded image file still gets filename "xxxxx_300" and get cropped to 300px width on the AllShops overview. And "xxxx_400" on the Shop detail page.

All Media Settings in admin is set to 360px and the image I upload is 360px.

What I'm doing wrong here?
Deni
9 years ago
#8927 Quote
defer wrote:
Still problem with issue from post #8611. Have updated the latest SevenSpikes: Core, Ajax Filters and StoreLocator dll files from suggested post #8707 with no result.

The uploaded image file still gets filename "xxxxx_300" and get cropped to 300px width on the AllShops overview. And "xxxx_400" on the Shop detail page.

Hi, 

After your suggestion, we decided that the Media settings should not be used in the Store Locator plugin. So we made separate settings in the Store Locator plugin. If you are with the latest version of the plugin, you will see in its setting page the two new settings: All Shops Page Image Size and Shop Details Page Image Size.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
defer
9 years ago
#8929 Quote
Deni wrote:

Hi, 

After your suggestion, we decided that the Media settings should not be used in the Store Locator plugin. So we made separate settings in the Store Locator plugin. If you are with the latest version of the plugin, you will see in its setting page the two new settings: All Shops Page Image Size and Shop Details Page Image Size.

Hi again,

OK, I see.

But I don't have these options for my project in Plugins -> Nop Store Locator -> Settings.
I can't see this options in your demo either (http://admin-demos.nop-templates.com/admin/storelocatoradmin/settings)

I do see them as documented in the help section though...
(http://www.nop-templates.com/store-locator-plugin-for-nopcommerce-documentation) Number 4 and 5.

If this works I should be able to see them in your demo right? Or I'm missing something?

Thank you!
Deni
9 years ago
#8930 Quote
Hi, 

I know that our demo has not the latest version. We will update it ASAP. But if you download the latest package of the Store Locator plugin I ensure you, that you will have these features.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
defer
9 years ago
#8931 Quote
Deni wrote:
Hi, 

I know that our demo has not the latest version. We will update it ASAP. But if you download the latest package of the Store Locator plugin I ensure you, that you will have these features.

Ok. I'll try again. I'll let you guys know the result. Thank you.
dteglander
8 years ago
#8979 Quote
Does this only apply to the 3.50 versions of the plugins? We have downloaded the latest version of 3.40 and we still do not see the new settings.

Thanks