Close

General Discussion

dteglander
9 years ago
#8980 Quote
Deni wrote:
After your suggestion, we decided that the Media settings should not be used in the Store Locator plugin. So we made separate settings in the Store Locator plugin. If you are with the latest version of the plugin, you will see in its setting page the two new settings: All Shops Page Image Size and Shop Details Page Image Size.

Hi, can you please update the 3.40 version as well?

Thanks
Deni
9 years ago
#8987 Quote
dteglander wrote:

Thanks

Hi, 

We will plan this work with priority for the next week. We will let you know when it is done.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
kaka135
9 years ago
#9057 Quote
Hi again,

Can I have the Google Map (with search) and Shop List in the home page? 

I have copied the codes in AllShops.cshtml to another controller, then added to the Home page, but I got the following error:

An exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' occurred in System.Web.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

Is there anything I've missed out? 

Please advise. Thank you.
Deni
9 years ago
#9063 Quote
kaka135 wrote:
Hi again,

Can I have the Google Map (with search) and Shop List in the home page? 

I have copied the codes in AllShops.cshtml to another controller, then added to the Home page, but I got the following error:

An exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' occurred in System.Web.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

Is there anything I've missed out? 

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi, 

You can achieve this functionality, by using the AllShops page, but you will lose it as a separate page - just change the code of the AllShops.cshtml view with the code I will give you. This should be done, because we remove the Layout of the page - otherwise it will show the header and all other stuff twice. Next, call the action somewhere on the page - for example above the footer - go to the /Views/Common/Footer.cshtml file and before this row: 
<div class="footer">

Place this code: 
@Html.Action("AllShops", "StoreLocator")

This is all. Here is the code for the AllShops.cshtml file (I have copied only the top part of the code, the rest stays the same):

@** Copyright 2015 Seven Spikes Ltd. All rights reserved. (http://www.nop-templates.com)
    * http://www.nop-templates.com/t/licensinginfo
*@

@using Nop.Core
@using Nop.Core.Infrastructure
@using Nop.Web.Extensions
@using SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.StoreLocator

@model SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.StoreLocator.Models.StoreLocatorModel
@{
    Layout = "";
    var supportRtl = this.ShouldUseRtlTheme();

Html.AddCssFileParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.StoreLocator/Themes/" + Model.Theme + "/Content/StoreLocator.css");
    if (supportRtl)
    {
        Html.AddCssFileParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.StoreLocator/Themes/" + Model.Theme + "/Content/StoreLocator.rtl.css");
    }

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/SevenSpikesExtensions.js");
    Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.StoreLocator/Scripts/StoreLocatorAllShops.min.js");
}

<div class="all-shops-page" style="clear: both;">
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
kaka135
9 years ago
#9065 Quote
Thank you very much, but can I have it both in the homepage and also a separate page for All Shops page?

The requirements of my project include:
1) Having the Google Map and search function in Home Page.
2) Having another page to search for the shops.

Thank you for your advice.

regards,
Lee Ka
Deni
9 years ago
#9066 Quote
kaka135 wrote:
Thank you very much, but can I have it both in the homepage and also a separate page for All Shops page?

regards,
Lee Ka

Hi, 

Yes, I thought you would like to have both functionalities. Unfortunately, at the moment the plugin does not have integration on the home page. You can suggest it in our user voice portal. I think we can plan it for development soon. I am not sure about one thing - the search functionality on the home page - I think its place is not there - just the map with the shops on it. Anyway - suggest it in the User Voice so other users can vote for it.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
Deni
9 years ago
#9067 Quote
dteglander wrote:

Thanks

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay. We had merged the settings in v3.40 and they are ready for download. Just update your plugin to get the new features.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
kaka135
9 years ago
#9068 Quote
Hi Deni,

Thank you for your reply. At the moment, is there anyway we can add another map with search function in the home page on my own? Does it require a lot of coding change?

As I need to get this feature done as soon as possible, so I may not be able to wait for your team to develop it. Anyway, I'll still suggest it in User Voice Portal.

Thanks.

regards,
Lee Ka

Deni wrote:

regards,
Lee Ka

Hi, 

Yes, I thought you would like to have both functionalities. Unfortunately, at the moment the plugin does not have integration on the home page. You can suggest it in our user voice portal. I think we can plan it for development soon. I am not sure about one thing - the search functionality on the home page - I think its place is not there - just the map with the shops on it. Anyway - suggest it in the User Voice so other users can vote for it.
kaka135
9 years ago
#9089 Quote
Hi,

Can you guide me how to add the similar codes/functions in the home page as well? I am getting the error I mentioned earlier if I copied the same codes over to the home page, but I'd like to keep the AllShops page as well.

I need this function urgently, so I might not be able to wait until the integration feature is developed.

Thank you very much.

regards,
Lee Ka
Deni
9 years ago
#9093 Quote
kaka135 wrote:
Hi,

Can you guide me how to add the similar codes/functions in the home page as well? I am getting the error I mentioned earlier if I copied the same codes over to the home page, but I'd like to keep the AllShops page as well.

I need this function urgently, so I might not be able to wait until the integration feature is developed.

Thank you very much.

regards,
Lee Ka

Hi, 

I came up with an idea how to achieve it:

You can call the All Shops action anywhere on the home page - open the Index.cshtml view and place this code, where you want to show the Store Locator functionality:
@Html.Action("AllShops", "StoreLocator", new { isStoreLocatorCalledFromHomePage = true })

Now, go to the AllShops.cshtml view and find this row:
Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_ColumnsOne.cshtml";

Place this code right after it:
if (Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["isStoreLocatorCalledFromHomePage"] != null && bool.Parse(Url.RequestContext.RouteData.Values["isStoreLocatorCalledFromHomePage"].ToString()))
    {
        Layout = "";
    }

That is all !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com