Close

General Discussion

Boyko
9 years ago
#8542 Quote
kaka135 wrote:

1. I have added @Html.Widget to the menu to show All Shops, but only one shop is shown, even though I have two shops added. Is it because I'm using the trial version?

Yes, the trial version is limited to show only 1 shop.

kaka135 wrote:

2. I'd like to create own custom codes to search for the shops. Is there any simple documentation or tutorial for this? Such as function to get all shops from the database. 

How exactly do you want to search for the shops?
In the current version of the plugin we don't have any search functionality. But if there is demand for searching the stores then we can consider implementing it. So it is up to you to provide us with more information of how you would like the search functionality to work.

kaka135 wrote:

3. Can I change any title/label in the admin area? Such as "Address" instead of "Short Description".

Yes, you can change it.This is the resource you need to change: SevenSpikes.StoreLocator.Admin.Shop.ShortDescription. The plugin is fully localizable, so you can change every single resource in the public and administration area. This video explains it well.

kaka135 wrote:

4. When does the holiday promotion 20% off end? I'd like to try if this works well for my project, and hopefully to purchase the plugin before the promotion ends. My main concern is to be able to search the shops.

The promotion ends on December 31st.

Happy Holidays!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
kaka135
9 years ago
#8545 Quote
Boyko wrote:

How exactly do you want to search for the shops?
In the current version of the plugin we don't have any search functionality. But if there is demand for searching the stores then we can consider implementing it. So it is up to you to provide us with more information of how you would like the search functionality to work.

Thanks Boyko for your reply. 

My project requires a search box to enter the location, say London, and the result will return all the shops in London. The search is within the shops stored in our database.

We need the search box similar to the Google Map search box shown in the demo - AllShops page, but the search is on the map itself, but not the shops we have in our database, right?

Please let me know if you will implement this, and when you'll implement this if possible. My project deadline is approaching soon, so I have to make the decision very soon.

Thank you a lot for your help.

Happy Holidays!

regards,
Lee Ka

Boyko
9 years ago
#8547 Quote
kaka135 wrote:

My project requires a search box to enter the location, say London, and the result will return all the shops in London. The search is within the shops stored in our database.

We need the search box similar to the Google Map search box shown in the demo - AllShops page, but the search is on the map itself, but not the shops we have in our database, right?

Please note that we don't keep the actual address in the database. We keep only the coordinates of the stores. So in order to do this you need to use the Google Maps API.
I guess that you would like to let users enter their city i.e London and then you want to show all shops near London (which probably needs to be a setting i.e 25 km distance). Please let me know if this would work for you.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
kaka135
9 years ago
#8549 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Please note that we don't keep the actual address in the database. We keep only the coordinates of the stores. So in order to do this you need to use the Google Maps API.
I guess that you would like to let users enter their city i.e London and then you want to show all shops near London (which probably needs to be a setting i.e 25 km distance). Please let me know if this would work for you.

Yes, you are right. That's what we need. We need to show 3 nearest shops according to the search keyword or current user location. 

Is it possible for your team to implement this function in the plugin? Will it be implemented very soon if possible?

Thank you.
Boyko
9 years ago
#8550 Quote
kaka135 wrote:

Yes, you are right. That's what we need. We need to show 3 nearest shops according to the search keyword or current user location. 

Is it possible for your team to implement this function in the plugin? Will it be implemented very soon if possible?

Thank you.

This feature really makes sense and will be very useful.
Using the customer's location is also a good idea, so we will need to consider all possible options.
We could plan it for our next sprint after the holidays and a realistic release date would be around 10-15 January. But I will be able to provide more information after the holidays when the whole team is back in the office.

Hope this would work for you!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
kaka135
9 years ago
#8551 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Thank you.

Using the customer's location is also a good idea, so we will need to consider all possible options.
We could plan it for our next sprint after the holidays and a realistic release date would be around 10-15 January. But I will be able to provide more information after the holidays when the whole team is back in the office.

Thank you very much for considering this feature. 
Can you please let me know if your team has confirmed to include this in the plugin and the release date? If it's going to be released around 10-15 January, then I can still wait for it. 

Thanks again. ^_^
kaka135
9 years ago
#8552 Quote
Boyko wrote:

I'd like to check with you, if I am buying the plugin now, will I be able to get the feature you added for the search later? It'd be good if I can purchase the plugin with the coupon code now.

Thank you.
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8559 Quote
kaka135 wrote:

I'd like to check with you, if I am buying the plugin now, will I be able to get the feature you added for the search later? It'd be good if I can purchase the plugin with the coupon code now.

Thank you.

Hi,

with every purchase you get 1 year of free support and upgrades for the plugin / theme ( since the purchase date ). This means that every new feature within that year will be included and available for download.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
kaka135
9 years ago
#8562 Quote
hristian.dimov wrote:

Thank you.

Hi,

with every purchase you get 1 year of free support and upgrades for the plugin / theme ( since the purchase date ). This means that every new feature within that year will be included and available for download.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I'm really happy to hear this. :)
Happy new year to you and your team!
kaka135
9 years ago
#8603 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Thank you.

Hi Boyko,

How's the search feature going on? Is your team adding that feature and release the plugin very soon?

Please let me know about this.

Thank you.

regards,
Lee Ka