Close

General Discussion

Support
7 years ago
#19 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 996
PM
Topic for general discussion regarding Nop Electronics Responsive Theme.
ylechasseur
6 years ago
#281 Quote
Avatar
  • 104
PM
Can see my text made it the Topic HomePageText on the Home page ..

Any idea what ci=ould be wrong ?

Best regards

Yves
Support
6 years ago
#285 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 996
PM
Hi Yves,

in the original design of the Nop Electronics theme, the HomePageText topic is omitted from the home page. In order to add it back you should edit the "~/Themes/Electronics/Views/Home/Index.cshtml" in a text editor and insert the following line of code:

.......
@section AnywhereSliders
{
    @Html.Action("Slider", "AnywhereSliders", new { systemName = "HomePageSlider"})
}
@Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "HomePageText" })
<div class="clear">
</div>

@Html.Action("HomepageProducts", "Catalog")
<div class="clear">
</div>
.......

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your feedback. We might consider for adding this topic back.
salsafreakpr
6 years ago
#307 Quote
Avatar
  • 2
PM
Nice job on this theme... it looks spectacular and I'm quite interested.

Question:
I take it that what I'd be purchasing is a multiple plugins with full source code?

What if I'm currently in development/staging mode and don't have a production website?  (I put a bogus one currentlydonthaveone.com in just to see if I could get to the shopping cart page and was able to but didn't proceed since I wasn't sure what it was going to do with my info).  After placing the order, is there a download button that I'll be able to use to download the plugins? Or how exactly is it distributed?
Support
6 years ago
#309 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 996
PM
salsafreakpr wrote:
Nice job on this theme... it looks spectacular and I'm quite interested.

Question:
I take it that what I'd be purchasing is a multiple plugins with full source code?

What if I'm currently in development/staging mode and don't have a production website?  (I put a bogus one currentlydonthaveone.com in just to see if I could get to the shopping cart page and was able to but didn't proceed since I wasn't sure what it was going to do with my info).  After placing the order, is there a download button that I'll be able to use to download the plugins? Or how exactly is it distributed?


Basically a theme can be described this way:
1. A bunch of dll files, which are the different plugins included in the theme and giving all these features that don't come out of the box i.e Ajax Filters,Product Tabs, Sliders etc. All these plugins are available for FREE Trial download and you can play with all of them. The plugins that are included in the theme are aslo styled specifically for the theme.
2. A bunch of Razor views, which are actually .cshtml files(mix of html and C# code), CSS styles for the theme and images.

That's all a theme is. The plugins are not open source and also you don't get the source code for them but they are different from the standard nopCommerce plugins as all their view files are not embedded but are open for modification. The actual theme  Razor views are also open to modifications and you can customize them however you want.

Yes, when the order is placed and is paid you will be able to download the Theme package from Downloadable products in My Account section of the web site. The package is a .ZIP file with all the plugins and the theme. There is an online documentation that you have to follow to properly install the plugins and the theme files.

The domain name is required as you will get 1 FREE support for the theme and we should know which the domain is. If you don't know it at the moment then place what you think it should be or your company domain. There is also Multiple Domain License where you are allowed to use the theme to as many domains/websites you want - in that case you can simply put any of your web sites or your company web site again.

All the information you provide will remain private. Please read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Hope this information is helpful!

EDIT: You might find these blog post useful about nopCommerce themes:
https://nop-templates.com/blog/11/why-nopcommerce-themes
https://nop-templates.com/blog/12/how-to-create-nopcommerce-themes
salsafreakpr
6 years ago
#313 Quote
Avatar
  • 2
PM
Great thanks.

Another question: Is there an upgrade path if I decide to buy a single domain license now and then later on wish to implement the theme in another domain? ie, I only want to buy the single domain now but don't want to have to pay the multiple domain one later (not sure when that later is but let's assume for discussion within one year).. can I pay the difference in licensing costs to upgrade to multiple domain?
Support
6 years ago
#314 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 996
PM
salsafreakpr wrote:
Great thanks.

Another question: Is there an upgrade path if I decide to buy a single domain license now and then later on wish to implement the theme in another domain? ie, I only want to buy the single domain now but don't want to have to pay the multiple domain one later (not sure when that later is but let's assume for discussion within one year).. can I pay the difference in licensing costs to upgrade to multiple domain?


Hi salsafreakpr,

No, you can't pay the difference to upgrade.
The Multiple domain license is meant for software companies/developers that will use our themes to create several shops for their clients and thus we offer them a much more price effective option rather than paying for several single domain licenses.

In your case if you decide to use the theme on another domain or on more than one domain then you can either purchase the theme again with a new single domain license or with a multiple domain license.

Hope this answers you question!
ylechasseur
6 years ago
#323 Quote
Avatar
  • 104
PM
Footer Menu

I created more topics and they are not showing on the footer's menu. What do I have to do ?

Regards

Yves
Support
6 years ago
#326 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 996
PM
ylechasseur wrote:
Footer Menu

I created more topics and they are not showing on the footer's menu. What do I have to do ?

Regards

Yves


Hi,

No topics are automatically shown in nopCommerce.
You need to add links to your topics, so that they can be reached.
In nopCommerce you can easily add links to your topics by adding this line:
<a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "topic system name" })">@T("Resource name")</a>

For example this is a link to the Shipping Info topic:
<a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "shippinginfo" })">@T("ShippingReturns")

If you want to add a link to a topic in the Footer of the Electronics theme then you need to add the link in Themes\Electronics\Views\Common\InfoBlock.cshtml file.

Hope this helps!
ylechasseur
6 years ago
#327 Quote
Avatar
  • 104
PM
Thanks a lot,

I did create a topic named HELP and I had this code

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "Help" })">@T("help")</a></li>
and I have an error message, I wonder why ?

Best regards and thanks a lot for your advice

Yves

T