General Discussion

garungns
11 years ago
#1210 Quote
thanks very much
cHiEsA
11 years ago
#1219 Quote
Don't know if this is the right place to post, but i have my site with Nop Electronics Theme and everything works well but now i need to add in the default page a menu with the biggest manufacturers logos (Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. like in Pixmania website).
This menu works like default nop commerce manufacturers filter, but only appears in the initial page.
After we select a product or a manufacturer, the default nop commerce manufacturers filter should appear normally and the other will disappear.

Any tips on what's the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Support
11 years ago
#1220 Quote
cHiEsA wrote:
Don't know if this is the right place to post, but i have my site with Nop Electronics Theme and everything works well but now i need to add in the default page a menu with the biggest manufacturers logos (Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. like in Pixmania website).
This menu works like default nop commerce manufacturers filter, but only appears in the initial page.
After we select a product or a manufacturer, the default nop commerce manufacturers filter should appear normally and the other will disappear.

Any tips on what's the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi cHiEsA,

Don't quite get the idea.
Could you provide a link to the web site or a screenshot?

Thanks
cHiEsA
11 years ago
#1222 Quote
Here: http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/computing/4-univers.html
In the right side at the middle of the page we have a menu "All Brands" with the bigger manufacturers logos like Asus, Apple, Samsung, Lexmark, HP and Sony.
What i want is something like that only in the home page of my site.
The idea is to replace the Manufacturers menu of Nop Commerce.
Support
11 years ago
#1223 Quote
cHiEsA wrote:
Here: http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/computing/4-univers.html
In the right side at the middle of the page we have a menu "All Brands" with the bigger manufacturers logos like Asus, Apple, Samsung, Lexmark, HP and Sony.
What i want is something like that only in the home page of my site.
The idea is to replace the Manufacturers menu of Nop Commerce.

Hi cHiEsa,

The easiest way to do this is to use the JCarousel with the Manufacturers data source and to place it on the Home page.
We have done this on the Fashion theme demo site. Check it out:
http://themes.fashion.nop-templates.com/

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
ylechasseur
11 years ago
#1300 Quote
Hi Guys,

My maintenance will end up in a few months. Because your service is great (amazing is the right expression) I would like to renew it when time will come.

I Would like to know how to do it.

Best regards

Yves
(a very happy customer)
BTW : very good job on the Nop default theme... much better than the original
embryo
11 years ago
#1344 Quote
Hello again-

I'm wondering how to enable the categories widget that appears on the left column on the default nopcommerce theme, but doesn't appear now with the electronics theme. I know it is possible to enable it because I see it on Yves' site, and he is using the electronics theme as well.

Can somebody tell me how to turn it back on please?

Thanks,
Steve
mwoffenden
11 years ago
#1345 Quote
In the Admin panel, navigate to Plugins / Nop Electronics Theme / Settings and check "Enable default category navigation".
Michael Woffenden
embryo
11 years ago
#1346 Quote
mwoffenden wrote:
In the Admin panel, navigate to Plugins / Nop Electronics Theme / Settings and check "Enable default category navigation".

Right, but it disables the Seven Spikes categoriesheadermenu when you do that. I want to enable the categories in the left menu, and also keep the categoriesheadermenu intact. What's the trick?

Also, should I decide to purchase and implement the Seven Spikes mega menu, will it still be possible for me to enable the default categories menu in the left column?

Thanks for your quick response!

Steve
Support
11 years ago
#1350 Quote
Hi Steve,

Enabling the default category navigation should not disable the categories header menu. It is strange that this happens on your site. If you can give us a link and admin credentials in a separate email we will have a look and see what the issue might be.

As to the new Nop Mega Menu plugin, it has been integrated in the Nop Electronics theme, so it comes for free for everyone with a valid license. So you just download the theme again from your My Account section and in the package for the 2.65 version you will see the new plugin. The old Nop Categories Header menu is still in the theme package, so you can choose which one to use. They both can be enabled along with the default category navigation.

If you haven't made any severe modifications, we strongly recommend to replace the whole theme and all the plugins for version 2.65 as there were quite new improvements in the plugins and the theme itself.

If yo intend to use only the new plugin, please copy it as well as the SevenSpikes.Core plugin and install it following the documentation.

If you need any further help please do not hesitate to contact us again.