The Nop Rich Blog Plugin is packed with great features that will help you manage your blog content better. Now you can feature selected blog posts on your home page, have a blog search to help your readers easily find the post they are looking for, organize your blog content into categories and much more. Make your blog shine with the new Nop Rich Blog plugin for nopCommerce!
Live DEMO - see how the Nop Rich Blog plugin would look like in your public store.
Admin DEMO - see the plugin administration.
- Enabled - Specify whether to enable the Widget for the Nop Rich Blog Plugin, thus enabling or disabling the plugin. This is a store specific setting and can be set per store if you are running multi-stores.
- Number of characters in blog post preview - Home Page - Specify the number of characters that you want your blog post preview to have on the home page.
- Number of characters in blog post preview - Blog list Page - Specify the number of characters that you want your blog post preview to have on the blog list page.
- Excluded Tags - Enter the tags you want to exclude from blog post preview e.g. img, span, strong...
- Show Previous/Next navigation on Blog Post page - Show Previous/Next navigation on Blog Post page, which could be used to navigate to prev/next blog post arranged by date of creation.
Home Page settings
- Number of Blog Posts to show (home page) - Set the number of visible blog posts on the home page.
- Home page widget zone - Choose in which widget zone the home page blogs will appear. If you choose "None" there will be no blog posts on home page.
- Home Page Image Size - Set the image size for the Home page pictures.
Category navigation settings
- Category Navigation Position - Specify the position of the category navigation. You can choose where to place the category navigation and also you can specify to show it before or after the selected place.
BLOG LIST SETTINGS
- Blog list image widget zone - Choose in which widget zone the image of every blog post will appear on blog list page.
Blog details settings
- Show Image On Blog Details Page - Set to show the image on the top of the blog post detail page.
- Blog details image widget zone - Choose in which widget zone the image of every blog post will appear on blog details page.
- Blog details prev/next blog post widget zone - Choose in which widget zone the prev/next buttons of every blog post will appear.
- Blog Details Image Size - Set the image size for the blog details page pictures. This setting also affects the size of the Blog List page images, as the page uses similar layout.
Social networks settings
- Show Facebook Share Button - If you check this every blog post will have a Facebook Share button.
- Show Twitter Share Button - If you check this every blog post will have a Twitter Share button.
- Show Pinterest Share Button - If you check this every blog post will have a Pinterest Share button.
- Show LinkedIn Share Button - If you check this every blog post will have a LinkedIn Share button.
- Show Google+ Share Button - If you check this every blog post will have a Google+ Share button.
- Blog search widget zone - Choose in which widget zone the search box will appear.
- Number Of Items Per Page - Set the number of items per page on results page.
- Number Of Results In Dropdown - Set the number of results in the autocomplete dropdown when searching.
- Highlighted Text Chunk Length - Set the length of the highlighted text chunk. This is the number of characters returned around the found search term.
- Re-index - Click the button if you want to re-index the blog posts.
From the Manage Categories section you can manage your categories.
You could add new category by clicking the Add New button.
After clicking the Add New you will see several tabs.
From the Category tab you could manage your category primary settings:
- Language - Specify for which language this category will be shown.
- Category Name - This is your category name. It will be used to mark your category everywhere in the public area.
- Display Order - This setting is used for sorting in the navigation.
- Published - This setting allows you to select whether or not your category is visible and accessible in the public area.
From the SEO tab you could manage your category SEO settings.
From the Blog posts tab you could select blog posts which you want to put in the current category. Just click the Add New Blog Post and select the desired blog posts.
The Lucene search engines requires several system files to function properly. There are cases when you won't have write permissions on your hosting server. In those cases you will see a warning in 7Spikes warnings page and you should make sure you have the necessary permissions. Also, in case of inintentional deletion of these system files/folders you can use the re-index button from plugin administration to bring them back.
If you unpublish a category it will be removed from lucene index records and will not be found if searched for. If you publish it back it will be re indexed again.