Close

Bugs

Support
10 years ago
#4285 Quote
Topic for reporting any Nop Smart Responsive Theme problems.
MattyLB
10 years ago
#4357 Quote
GREAT THEME! thanks for resolving the issues that didn't already fix themselves after I changed my PLESK setting to domain structure "www.domain.tld". seems nothing in NopCommerce (nor Facebook) liked it when my domain structure was "domain.tld". Wish I knew that one a year ago! Haha ;)

one user-interface request still lingers ...

13) under NEWS ARTICLES listed on the home page, there is a "[View News Archive]" link *only* when the screen is in tablet or small format, but not when the screen is full width. If I only display 2 of my articles on home page, full screen users don't have access to all articles.

*FEATURE REQUEST* - judging by your response in the follow-up post on this, there is not supposed to be a link to the News Archive within each news page because of how Nop Commerce is built. I'll be adding this to the bottom of my pages manually, but this would be a nice way to prevent high bounce rates when someone follows a link to your article and can't navigate to any others. Thought I'd throw that out there.

The option to have a News link in the Mega Menu would be nice too, but I know I'm asking too much so I'll add mine manually. =)

thanks for your time and for fixing the initial issue that I mentioned. this is a superb theme, among many!!
YashChandra
10 years ago
#4387 Quote
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your feedback!

Please find my answers to your list of bugs:

1. Categories on home page only display category names if a home_page_slider is in place.

---> We cannot reproduce this.

2. Color squares selected color outline is too faint to see.

---> This the design of the square, we think it is quite alright.

3) Share boxes do not show under product overviews when activated via admin > catalog settings.

---> This is now fixed

4) My product ribbons don't work at all after upgrade. worked on a fresh install test site, yet they dropped down below the image holder and covered the price & add-to-cart buttons when placed in "Bottom-Left" position.

---> THIS IS NOW FIXED

5) Chrome mobile/tablet browsers - touching jCarousels products does not take me to the product page (it does nothing). works fine on firefox browser app.

---> We are currently looking into it. It is a strange behavior which is not always reproducible.

6) jCarousels detail button is partially cut off at the bottom. no short description displays (which is fine with me, actually)

---> CAN'T REPRODUCE IT.
---> THERE ARE NO SHORT DESCRIPTIONS IN JCAROUSEL ON THIS THEME

7) default padding on jCarousel navigation buttons is very wide and can throw the nav button off the screen on certain devices. I reduced padding on mine to about 17 and it seems to work great.

---> CAN'T REPRODUCE IT. IN OUR TESTS THE BUTTONS FIT WELL ANYWHERE.

8) tab header bars (black) above jCarousels, etc. are too wide and display wrong in the side-bar on certain screen sizes, especially in comparison to in-place (green) sidebars. I reduced my tab header width to 450px and that seems to be the perfect fit.

---> CAN'T REPRODUCE IT. THE TAB HEADERS ABOVE GRIDS AND CAROUSELS ARE 280px WIDE BY DEFAULT. I cannot imagine which browse would not respect a fixed width setting.

9) anywhereSliders placed in left_column are not displaying the picture titles.

Please elaborate or share an example?

11) product ribbons error reflects null entry for parameter "productPadeId"

Please elaborate or share an example?

12) Resource string (sevenspikes.themes.motion.common.gotopage) is not found. When a customer looks at their order details, they see "sevenspikes.themes.motion.common.gotopage" where it should say something like "Product's page".

This is now fixed.

13) News articles do not have any archive links or links back to the main news page.

News articles have never had such links, this is how nopCommerce works.
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
10 years ago
#4404 Quote
A few more questions / possible bugs I noticed while playing around

1. The theme doesn't appear to be IE8 compatible.  

2. Opening the mobile menu and selecting an option forces the page header down the height of the menu.  Here is an example of a height element being added to HeaderMenuParent on my site:  

element.style {
height: 633px;
margin: 0px 0px 25px;
}

This may be fixed as I cant reproduce it on your demo site?!?

3. This may be a newb thing with me and your themes & plugins, but if in the nopMegaMenu settings I uncheck "Enable Responsive Menu," the main menu still "responds" to the client size and switches the the "= Menu" option.  At that point the app is broken since the Mobile Menu (properly) doesn't load.  I would think disabling the responsive menu would cause the menu to stay the same regardless of client size?!?
MattyLB
10 years ago
#4408 Quote
FYI - there is a deformity issue with the bottom bar on Re-Captcha (privacy & terms) that displays wrong unless you use the following line in styles.css to remove the privacy block:

span#recaptcha_privacy {
    display:none;
}

Is there a way to make it display correctly while keeping the privacy & terms at the bottom? either way, it's not that important for most users to have that link.

- Matt
MattyLB
10 years ago
#4409 Quote
Milen wrote:

5) Chrome mobile/tablet browsers - touching jCarousels products does not take me to the product page (it does nothing). works fine on firefox browser app.

---> We are currently looking into it. It is a strange behavior which is not always reproducible.

this issue only happens to me on android Chrome browsers, not webkit (stock) or firefox. what appears to be happening is a sensitivity setting on chrome is set too high and it thinks a user is trying to slide to the next carousel item instead of clicking to follow it's link. I can successfully go to a jcarousel product page only when I make an exact touch gesture - with not even the slightest movement in any direction.

hope that points you in the right direction. :)
Boyko
10 years ago
#4423 Quote
MattyLB wrote:

this issue only happens to me on android Chrome browsers, not webkit (stock) or firefox. what appears to be happening is a sensitivity setting on chrome is set too high and it thinks a user is trying to slide to the next carousel item instead of clicking to follow it's link. I can successfully go to a jcarousel product page only when I make an exact touch gesture - with not even the slightest movement in any direction.

hope that points you in the right direction. :)

Hi Matt,

Yes, it was helpful. Seems like google has changed some of their events in a recent chrome update. It is fixed now. You need to update the Core plugin only to get the fix.
Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Deni
10 years ago
#4429 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
A few more questions / possible bugs I noticed while playing around

1. The theme doesn't appear to be IE8 compatible.  

2. Opening the mobile menu and selecting an option forces the page header down the height of the menu.  Here is an example of a height element being added to HeaderMenuParent on my site:  

element.style {
height: 633px;
margin: 0px 0px 25px;
}

This may be fixed as I cant reproduce it on your demo site?!?

3. This may be a newb thing with me and your themes & plugins, but if in the nopMegaMenu settings I uncheck "Enable Responsive Menu," the main menu still "responds" to the client size and switches the the "= Menu" option.  At that point the app is broken since the Mobile Menu (properly) doesn't load.  I would think disabling the responsive menu would cause the menu to stay the same regardless of client size?!?

Hello!

1. You can download the latest version of the theme - now it works on IE8.

2. Fixed and will be deployed ASAP.

3. This setting make sense only on themes that are not responsive (it will be removed in the near future).
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
MattyLB
10 years ago
#4436 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Hi Matt,

Yes, it was helpful. Seems like google has changed some of their events in a recent chrome update. It is fixed now. You need to update the Core plugin only to get the fix.
Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks

Works PERFECT!! Thank you :)
[email protected]
10 years ago
#4520 Quote
Assuming I upgraded properly Im still seeing the reported issues in the latest build (3.2.725.10171).  I just stopped my app pool and overlaid the new themes / plugins.  Do I need to completely unintall / reinstall everything?

Here's what Im seeing in regards to the menu height issue reported earlier:

http://screencast.com/t/Rwwv51vsn9

... and here's what Im currently seeing in IE8 (FWIW I dont see the "View As List" option in Chrome):

http://screencast.com/t/IvkAjYhLOgH