Close

Feature Requests

ezzat2k
4 years ago
#8798 Quote
Avatar
  • 33
Greetings,

I have small question, is it possible to add an NOP action in a widget?! for example @Html.Action("HomePageNews", "News") if I want to add the NOP news to a certain widget zone.

Thanks a bunch. 
Boyko
4 years ago
#8799 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1453
ezzat2k wrote:
Greetings,

I have small question, is it possible to add an NOP action in a widget?! for example @Html.Action("HomePageNews", "News") if I want to add the NOP news to a certain widget zone.

Thanks a bunch. 


Hi ezzat2k,

No, it is not possible to have Razor code inside an HTML widget. HTML widgets can contain only HTML.
Regards,
Boyko Stanev
Nop-Templates.com
klouda@k-system.cz
4 years ago
#9101 Quote
Avatar
  • 1
Hi,

It would be nice enable to insert pure HTML and javascript code. I need to add some js code to some places in my web shop.

Best,
DuĊĦan
iliyan.tanev
4 years ago
#9104 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 347
Hi,

You could do it the same way we do it in QuickTabs - How to include JavaScript in Tab
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
illutian
4 years ago
#9983 Quote
Avatar
  • 18
It would be awesome if we had the option to make the HTML 'block' float with the page, much like Google's Trusted Store badge does.

I know you can maybe do something close with CSS, but that stuff only works with certain browsers. That 'Trusted Store' badge works in all [that were required to be tested].

The reason for this is I'd like to add a Yelp badge that floats with the page using the Traction Theme, which means the layout is single column. -- If it was double or triple I'd just put the DIV in one of the home page columns set to 'top of page'.

But, really, it'd be a lot cleaner to just have the widget float. This would also give us the ability to have a splash screen for, say, limited time sales or other promotions. -- So...probably another suggestion beyond adding a check box to enable a "floating" DIV.
Deni
4 years ago
#9991 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 389
illutian wrote:
It would be awesome if we had the option to make the HTML 'block' float with the page, much like Google's Trusted Store badge does.

I know you can maybe do something close with CSS, but that stuff only works with certain browsers. That 'Trusted Store' badge works in all [that were required to be tested].

The reason for this is I'd like to add a Yelp badge that floats with the page using the Traction Theme, which means the layout is single column. -- If it was double or triple I'd just put the DIV in one of the home page columns set to 'top of page'.

But, really, it'd be a lot cleaner to just have the widget float. This would also give us the ability to have a splash screen for, say, limited time sales or other promotions. -- So...probably another suggestion beyond adding a check box to enable a "floating" DIV.


Hi, 

The one and only way to achieve this is by using CSS and it works on all browsers. If you open your widget and from the HTML editor choose "Tools" > "Source Code", paste this code and you will see the floating badge:

<p class="floating-badge" style="position: fixed; bottom: 20px; right: 5px; padding: 20px; border-top: 5px solid #0E9A58; background-color: #F5F5F5; box-shadow: 0 0 4px 1px #666;color: #000; text-align: center; z-index: 2000000;">SOME FLOATING BADGE</p>
<script>// <![CDATA[
$('.floating-badge').appendTo('body');
// ]]></script>


I hope this will help you !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
illutian
4 years ago
#9992 Quote
Avatar
  • 18
Deni wrote:
It would be awesome if we had the option to make the HTML 'block' float with the page, much like Google's Trusted Store badge does.

I know you can maybe do something close with CSS, but that stuff only works with certain browsers. That 'Trusted Store' badge works in all [that were required to be tested].

The reason for this is I'd like to add a Yelp badge that floats with the page using the Traction Theme, which means the layout is single column. -- If it was double or triple I'd just put the DIV in one of the home page columns set to 'top of page'.

But, really, it'd be a lot cleaner to just have the widget float. This would also give us the ability to have a splash screen for, say, limited time sales or other promotions. -- So...probably another suggestion beyond adding a check box to enable a "floating" DIV.

Hi, 

The one and only way to achieve this is by using CSS and it works on all browsers. If you open your widget and from the HTML editor choose "Tools" > "Source Code", paste this code and you will see the floating badge:

<p class="floating-badge" style="position: fixed; bottom: 20px; right: 5px; padding: 20px; border-top: 5px solid #0E9A58; background-color: #F5F5F5; box-shadow: 0 0 4px 1px #666;color: #000; text-align: center; z-index: 2000000;">SOME FLOATING BADGE</p>
<script>// <![CDATA[
$('.floating-badge').appendTo('body');
// ]]></script>


I hope this will help you !


Ya, I used similar code and it's working. But, how many people would know to look up CSS floating DIV. :P

Plus it doesn't like resizing.

And then there's the side suggestion of a full screen pop up that shows when a visitor who hasn't clicked on the 'x' hits the main page. That would require some in-depth programming using Java and modifying the CSHTML. Stuff that most people looking to setup a website on their own wouldn't know how to do.

So..in comes the feature request.
Deni
4 years ago
#9997 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 389
illutian wrote:
Ya, I used similar code and it's working. But, how many people would know to look up CSS floating DIV. :P

Plus it doesn't like resizing.

And then there's the side suggestion of a full screen pop up that shows when a visitor who hasn't clicked on the 'x' hits the main page. That would require some in-depth programming using Java and modifying the CSHTML. Stuff that most people looking to setup a website on their own wouldn't know how to do.

So..in comes the feature request.


Hi, 

The making of the fixed DIV is the easiest part of all. We can do it of course. But after that every customer should like to modify it to fit his theme. And again he should have good knowledge of CSS.

The full-screen popup can be achieved again only with the Html Widgets plugin. You just need to write 2-3 lines of JavaScript.

And, certainly, our user voice portal is always open for suggestions !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
fdd@rnrgames.com
4 years ago
#10173 Quote
Avatar
  • 1
I really love the plugin. The only problem I have is that the html editor strips out javascript and javascript events on html tags like onclick. If there was an option to edit the html in a standard textarea rather than an html editor it would fix this issue. Ideally, it would be on a per-widget basis as sometimes you will want someone to use the html editor and sometimes an advanced user just needs a textbox.
hristian.dimov
4 years ago
#10176 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 386
david@westmichiganwebsites.net wrote:
I really love the plugin. The only problem I have is that the html editor strips out javascript and javascript events on html tags like onclick. If there was an option to edit the html in a standard textarea rather than an html editor it would fix this issue. Ideally, it would be on a per-widget basis as sometimes you will want someone to use the html editor and sometimes an advanced user just needs a textbox.


Hi David,

The main idea of the plugin is to insert simple HTML. That's why the javascript code is escaped. It is not designed to insert javascript or css. 

However, your idea is really interesting. Could you please suggest it in our UserVoice portal and if people vote for it we will implement it.

Thanks.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com