Close

Bugs

Support
11 years ago
#1259 Quote
embryo wrote:

I'm connecting to a Windows/SQL Azure database, but put "xxxxxx" in place of my actual values.

Perhaps the problem isn't with the application itself, but DNS routing..I'll keep digging, but if you guys know of anything that might affect speed on an "almost factory stock" nopcommerce installation, I'm all ears...

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

It seems like more and more people use nopCommerce on Azure.
We haven't had a chance to test our themes on it yet, so we couldn't give a practical advice that could help you speed the performance.
Here are a few things that could worth trying:
1. Get the latest version of the theme from our web site and replace all the SevenSpikes.xxx plugin folders with the new ones aka to upgrade to the latest version.
Then restart your application and test the performance and let us know if there are any differences.
2. Switch to the default DarkOrange theme and check the performance with it.

This way we can know if the Electronics theme itself needs to be optimized or it is a general i.e DNS issues problem.

Some side questions:
Do you use any modified version of nopCommerce for running it on Azure or you simply use the default installation?

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
embryo
11 years ago
#1261 Quote
Support wrote:
Some side questions:
Do you use any modified version of nopCommerce for running it on Azure or you simply use the default installation?

Best Regards,

Thanks. If I can't find a server-related fix, I'll try this, but it seems like the site is quick to load once the "Waiting for response from (ip address)..." in the status bar goes away..so it's probably not theme related at all.

I'm just using the standard nopCommerce 2.65 release.
I created a new database server at Azure, and I then created a new/empty database to use. I was provided with a choice of various connection strings so as to be able to access it from sites and applications written in different programming languages.
I then used SSMS to connect to both my local SQL Server Express(with nopCommerce data in it) and to the new Azure database at the same time.

I used the SQL Azure Migration Assistant to copy the entire schema of the local SQL Server database into my SQL Azure database...very simple. When complete, my new Azure database was built perfectly, but didn't have any data in it. I then used SSMS to script the data in my local SQL server instance as INSERT statements (Generate Scripts…turn off all scripts except ‘Script Data’) and ran them against the SQL Azure instance.  I then changed the connectionstring in my /App_Data/Settings.txt   Done.

embryo
11 years ago
#1263 Quote
Support wrote:

1. Get the latest version of the theme from our web site and replace all the SevenSpikes.xxx plugin folders with the new ones aka to upgrade to the latest version.
Then restart your application and test the performance and let us know if there are any differences.

BTW: I am running the 2.65 version of the Electronics Theme, downloaded on 8/23/12...are there newer versions of the plugins available already?
Support
11 years ago
#1264 Quote
Hi embryo,

All our plugins and themes now support 2.65 and are uploaded on our website. You can download the latest packages from your My Account section.

UPDATE: It is a bit confusing. By the latest 2.65 version of the theme we mean the latest package, which now contains some new bug fixes and some new features to the various plugins i.e Cloud Zoom has an option to trigger the default Popup on click, the Smart SEO allows removing the default store title, which harms the SEO because of duplicate titles.

Thanks!
embryo
11 years ago
#1316 Quote
Hello again!

While creating another topic yesterday, I noticed that you had edited your reply. I understood you to mean that the Smart SEO and Cloud Zoom plugins had been updated, so I downloaded the theme again and replaced those two plugin folders on my running site with the new ones from the most recent package.

Today, when I login to the administration area, I get this error:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.BaseAdminPlugin7Spikes..ctor(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.MenuItem7Spikes>, System.String, System.String, SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Data.Base7SpikesObjectContext, Boolean, System.String)'.

Source Error:

Line 47:     .Items(x =>
Line 48:     {
Line 49:         if (adminMenuPlugins.Count() > 0)
Line 50:         {
Line 51:             if (!hideAdminMenuItemsBasedOnPermissions ||

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MFS2\Administration\Views\Shared\Menu.cshtml    Line: 49

Is this (I assume) due to me replacing those two folders? Or what else might cause this issue? The only thing else that I've done lately is modify the view for my categoriesheadermenu and comment out the homepage products from the view at Themes/Electronics/Views/Home/Index.cshtml.

I'm kinda freaking out as there are now a few other employees who cannot do their work in the administration area either...help!

Thank you!
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1317 Quote
embryo wrote:
Hello again!

While creating another topic yesterday, I noticed that you had edited your reply. I understood you to mean that the Smart SEO and Cloud Zoom plugins had been updated, so I downloaded the theme again and replaced those two plugin folders on my running site with the new ones from the most recent package.

Today, when I login to the administration area, I get this error:
Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.BaseAdminPlugin7Spikes..ctor(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Plugin.MenuItem7Spikes>, System.String, System.String, SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Data.Base7SpikesObjectContext, Boolean, System.String)'.

Source Error:

Line 47:     .Items(x =>
Line 48:     {
Line 49:         if (adminMenuPlugins.Count() > 0)
Line 50:         {
Line 51:             if (!hideAdminMenuItemsBasedOnPermissions ||

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MFS2\Administration\Views\Shared\Menu.cshtml    Line: 49

Is this (I assume) due to me replacing those two folders? Or what else might cause this issue? The only thing else that I've done lately is modify the view for my categoriesheadermenu and comment out the homepage products from the view at Themes/Electronics/Views/Home/Index.cshtml.

I'm kinda freaking out as there are now a few other employees who cannot do their work in the administration area either...help!

Thank you!

Hi embryo,

This problem occurs, because we have also modified the Nop Core plugin. To solve it, please replace the Nop Core plugin folder with the new one.

Every time you update any of our plugins it is recommended to do this.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes!

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
cHiEsA
11 years ago
#1369 Quote
Hi guys,

It's possible to translate the name of the plugins?
I've translated entire NopCommerce and NopElectronics Theme, but in the dashboard, in plugins section, i can't translate the name of the plugins and their submenus names :(
Boyko
11 years ago
#1372 Quote
cHiEsA wrote:
Hi guys,

It's possible to translate the name of the plugins?
I've translated entire NopCommerce and NopElectronics Theme, but in the dashboard, in plugins section, i can't translate the name of the plugins and their submenus names :(

Hi cHiEsA,

The names of the menus of the plugins could not be translated as they actually shouldn't be translated i.e Nop Mega Menu shuold always be Nop Mega Menu.
Probably it is a good idea to make the inner menus to be in separate resources, so that they could be translated i.e Setting, Manage Sliders etc.
What is the language in which you have translated the plugins?
As it would be great if you can share the translation with the other guys in the forum, so that they can use them too.

Many thanks!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
ylechasseur
11 years ago
#1378 Quote
Hi guys,

I don't know if it is a bug or a mistake I did. But I have this error message form IIS when I am lunching the web site

A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +1957

[Exception: A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +2202

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined
.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +423
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +306
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +677

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined
.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9090876
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

for VisualStudio I can't open the web site in debug mode but is is working nice with UltilDev web server.. I wondering what it could be

best regards

Yves
Boyko
11 years ago
#1379 Quote
ylechasseur wrote:
Hi guys,

I don't know if it is a bug or a mistake I did. But I have this error message form IIS when I am lunching the web site

A plugin with 'SevenSpikes.Core' system name is already defined
for VisualStudio I can't open the web site in debug mode but is is working nice with UltilDev web server.. I wondering what it could be

best regards

Yves

Hi Yves,

Could you please double check your App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt file and make sure you don't have the SevenSpikes.Core plugin added more than once.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team