Close

Bugs

Support
11 years ago
#1148 Quote
joster wrote:

And the site still loads in a browser with no problem..I can browse to categories, no problem..search with no problem, add items to cart with no problem, etc..etc..etc...

However, if I click on Login, or Register, or Shopping Cart..I get this:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Hi Joster,

So the problems are with these pages - Login, Register and Shopping Cart.
Can you swith the custom errors off, so that we can see what is the problem.
You can do this by modifying your Web.config file by replacing RemoteOnly with Off:
<customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
to
<customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">

Please post the error that you get here or send us an email to support at nop-tempaltes.com. We will request access to your web site to see what is wrong.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team

ylechasseur
11 years ago
#1149 Quote
Hi had the same problem localy and on my hosting. It was a problem with the SSL (on my web hosting). Look  in your webconfig for USESSL and change it to false (for local use) and test it. If it is working, then contact your webhosting and they will have to fix the SSL certificate.

<appSettings>
    <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true" />
    <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true" />
    <add key="UseSSL" value="false" />
    <add key="SharedSSLUrl" value="" />
    <add key="NonSharedSSLUrl" value="" />
    <add key="RouteDebugger:Enabled" value="false" />
    <add key="GoogleMerchantID" value="" />
    <add key="GoogleMerchantKey" value="" />
    <add key="GoogleEnvironment" value="Sandbox" />
    <add key="GoogleAuthenticateCallback" value="True" />
    <add key="ClearPluginsShadowDirectoryOnStartup" value="False" />
  </appSettings>

Yves
embryo
11 years ago
#1151 Quote
ylechasseur wrote:
Hi had the same problem localy and on my hosting. It was a problem with the SSL (on my web hosting). Look  in your webconfig for USESSL and change it to false (for local use) and test it. If it is working, then contact your webhosting and they will have to fix the SSL certificate.

<appSettings>
    <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true" />
    <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true" />
    <add key="UseSSL" value="false" />
    <add key="SharedSSLUrl" value="" />
    <add key="NonSharedSSLUrl" value="" />
    <add key="RouteDebugger:Enabled" value="false" />
    <add key="GoogleMerchantID" value="" />
    <add key="GoogleMerchantKey" value="" />
    <add key="GoogleEnvironment" value="Sandbox" />
    <add key="GoogleAuthenticateCallback" value="True" />
    <add key="ClearPluginsShadowDirectoryOnStartup" value="False" />
  </appSettings>

Yves

Yves...you're the man! Thanks a million!

Also, one day soon, I am going to ask you how you made your category drop down header links look like that on the USNautic.com site. My client sent me to REI.com and asked me to emulate their header drop down links..I thought it impossible with nopcommerce til I saw what you've done. Awesome work!
ylechasseur
11 years ago
#1153 Quote
Joster, you are very welcome..

If you need some help for the menu, I can send you the source if you wish.

Just give me your email address

have a nice one

Yves
embryo
11 years ago
#1157 Quote
OK, I'm back to work on this site today. I enabled the forum and added some forum groups and forums, but it isn't styled well at all. Something isn't right...look at this screen capture to see what I mean.
THE ISSUE
I haven't even touched the stylesheet yet, but I did go into Admin >> Languages >> and changed some of the string values for the Forums-related strings. I'm just not sure where the problem would be-

Also..after applying the theme, my login screen layout is off a little...see HERE...note the Email and Password alignment...

Ideas??

Thanks,
Steve
Support
11 years ago
#1164 Quote
embryo wrote:
OK, I'm back to work on this site today. I enabled the forum and added some forum groups and forums, but it isn't styled well at all. Something isn't right...
Ideas??

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reporting this! The new css for 2.65 for the forum was missing. We added it  band you need to download the theme package again and update the Theme\Electronics\Content\styles.css file with the new one. We checked the login page and it seems to be fine. Please let us know if you have any problems with the latest css.

Best Regards,
[email protected]
11 years ago
#1166 Quote
the login page looks ok in chrome, but not in IE.
Support
11 years ago
#1168 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
the login page looks ok in chrome, but not in IE.

Many thanks for pointing this out. It is fixed now. Please update the styles.css of the Electronics theme from the latest package.

Best Regards,
cHiEsA
11 years ago
#1170 Quote
The Search Button is an image with the Text on it.
This give us a problem when we want multiple languages on a site because this button will always have the text in English (Search).
It's possible to change this so we can have multiple languages for the search button?
Support
11 years ago
#1171 Quote
cHiEsA wrote:
The Search Button is an image with the Text on it.
This give us a problem when we want multiple languages on a site because this button will always have the text in English (Search).
It's possible to change this so we can have multiple languages for the search button?

Hi cHiEsA,

Probably you are using an old version of the Electronics theme as the search button is not an image anymore since version 2.6.
If you don't have plans to upgrade to a newer version of nopCommerce then simply download the Electronics theme package and get the 2.6 version of the Electronics theme and copy the new css styles for the .searchButtonClass css class. Note that there is a new background image that you will also need to copy over.

Best Regards,