Support
11 years ago
#941 Quote
Please write here if you have any problems with the Nop JCarousel Plugin
naveenpinnama
10 years ago
#2539 Quote
Hi

We are using 2.6 and we get this error message when we install the jcarsousel plugin

Server Error in '/' Application.

No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

Source Error:

Line 3:  @foreach (var widget in Model)
Line 4:  {
Line 5:      @Html.Action(widget.ActionName, widget.ControllerName, widget.RouteValues)
Line 6:  }

Source File: c:\inetpub\Nop.Web\Views\Widget\WidgetsByZone.cshtml    Line: 5
Boyko
10 years ago
#2540 Quote
naveenpinna wrote:
Hi

We are using 2.6 and we get this error message when we install the jcarsousel plugin

Server Error in '/' Application.

No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

Source Error:

Line 3:  @foreach (var widget in Model)
Line 4:  {
Line 5:      @Html.Action(widget.ActionName, widget.ControllerName, widget.RouteValues)
Line 6:  }

Source File: c:\inetpub\Nop.Web\Views\Widget\WidgetsByZone.cshtml    Line: 5

Hi naveenpinna,

Please modify your Global.asax file by putting an empty space in it and save it.
There is a known issue, so when you install new plugins you need to have a full application restart.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Morphy989
10 years ago
#3081 Quote
Hi,

i am having a problem with JCarousel. Perhaps is my fault, and i'm understanding a part of it wrong or it is a bug.
I am trying to add it to a certain category and show it's featured products. I created a widget zone, and mapped the JCarousel to the category. That produces a JCarousel showing the category, and that's fine, since it's supposed to work like that (Or?). The problem starts when i chose a data source "Category featured products" it shows all published products from that category. Is that a normal behavior and i am doing/understanding something wrong, or is it a bug?

Thank you
Boyko
10 years ago
#3082 Quote
Morphy989 wrote:
Hi,

i am having a problem with JCarousel. Perhaps is my fault, and i'm understanding a part of it wrong or it is a bug.
I am trying to add it to a certain category and show it's featured products. I created a widget zone, and mapped the JCarousel to the category. That produces a JCarousel showing the category, and that's fine, since it's supposed to work like that (Or?). The problem starts when i chose a data source "Category featured products" it shows all published products from that category. Is that a normal behavior and i am doing/understanding something wrong, or is it a bug?

Thank you

HI Morphy989,

Which version of the JCarousel do you use i.e 2.8, 3.0 or 3.1?
So that we can try to reproduce it.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Morphy989
10 years ago
#3083 Quote
My apologies for not posting the version and info. It is 3.0, from the trial version of Ultimate plugin collection.
We (my company) is in the process of buying the full version of the plugin collection since, despite the little problems, we are very pleased with the work you have done. Hopefully the fact that it is a trial version is not what is causing the problem.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3096 Quote
Morphy989 wrote:
My apologies for not posting the version and info. It is 3.0, from the trial version of Ultimate plugin collection.
We (my company) is in the process of buying the full version of the plugin collection since, despite the little problems, we are very pleased with the work you have done. Hopefully the fact that it is a trial version is not what is causing the problem.

Hi Morphy989,

The problem is fixed now. Please update the JCarousel plugin as described here.

Thank you again for reporting this problem!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
cyberspy
10 years ago
#3238 Quote
Hi,
I've just added jCarousel to my site (which is still under development so it's not publicly visible)
I used the 'Home Page Featured Products' as the data source type, and it's fully populated with products, and it scrolls correctly most of the time. So far so good.
When I mouse over a product, a grey panel slides up with the name of the product, the price and a 'Details' button
If I click the 'Details' button, I'm taken off to the correct product page

However, if I click anywhere else in the grey panel, it takes me off to a page called /undefined, with the resultant 404 message

How can I make the URL of the grey panel point to the same place as the 'Details' button.

I'm using nopCommerce 3.10 with the Alfresco theme and the plugins that came with that theme.

Thanks
cyberspy
10 years ago
#3239 Quote
Having just installed jCarousel, I tested it on different size screens as I'm using the responsive Alfresco theme.

It works fine in full size, max-width 980 and 768 but breaks a bit in the smallest size, max-width 480

What happens is the the two left and right arrows, instead of overlaying the right-hand image, move above the carousel.
I had put the carousel in the 'home_page_top' zone.

At this small size, the left/right arrows are half overlayed over the main Menu. This looks very odd.

The solution is simple though - copy the CSS rules from the next largest size into the max-width 480px section. Here are the changes I made:

@media screen and (max-width: 480px) {

.nop-jcarousel .carousel-title {
        margin: 0 5px 60px;
    }

.nop-jcarousel .jcarousel-prev-horizontal, .nop-jcarousel .jcarousel-next-horizontal {
        /*bottom: 244px;
        top: inherit;*/

padding: 6px;
    }
    .nop-jcarousel .jcarousel-prev-horizontal {
        right: 61px; /* New rule */
        /*left: 43%;
        margin-left: -20px;*/

}
    .nop-jcarousel .jcarousel-next-horizontal {
        /*right: 43%;
        margin-right: -20px;*/

}
    .nop-jcarousel .item-info {
        display: none !important;
    }
}
Support
10 years ago
#3245 Quote
cyberspy wrote:
Hi,
I've just added jCarousel to my site (which is still under development so it's not publicly visible)
I used the 'Home Page Featured Products' as the data source type, and it's fully populated with products, and it scrolls correctly most of the time. So far so good.
When I mouse over a product, a grey panel slides up with the name of the product, the price and a 'Details' button
If I click the 'Details' button, I'm taken off to the correct product page

However, if I click anywhere else in the grey panel, it takes me off to a page called /undefined, with the resultant 404 message

How can I make the URL of the grey panel point to the same place as the 'Details' button.

I'm using nopCommerce 3.10 with the Alfresco theme and the plugins that came with that theme.

Thanks

Hi cyberspy,

Thank you for your feedback!

By design in the Nop Alfresco theme in the Nop JCarousel items only the details button and the title should be links pointing to the product page. There was a bug in the theme, but we have fixed that and uploaded on our site. You can download the theme again and replace the ~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel/Views/JCarousel/JCarousel.cshtml file with the one from the downloaded theme.

Please let us know if the problem still exists!