Close

General Discussion

ylechasseur
12 years ago
#469 Quote
Hi ,

I figuring out yesterday. I was on the impression that I'll get in the manage product, tabs to reprsent the section (features, spec..) and then just have to write or cut and past the information needed. In fact, with over 40,000 different product who has almost anything in commun (yes !! big big job) it is hard to use the specification because it is to long to manage.

I found a work around, I wrote a program yesterday and I creating the tabs as well as the required text I need for a specific product on product and variant creation.. faster and I have my workaround.

1 Question: for the other topic (tumbs image big) I change the value in media to 70 and I still have the same issue, something in the CSS ?might be I missed something again (it is very often the case actually) any other setting you think ?

Thanks for all

Yves
Support
12 years ago
#473 Quote
Hi Yves,

as to the tabs we are glad you managed to handle your scenario. We are actually planning to implement an ALL property of a tab that when set the tab will appear on all products. If you think this might be of interest to you, you can vote for it here: https://noptemplates.uservoice.com

As to the images, I see that they are now resized to 125px. Also the images on the category page are 125px which made me wonder. Did you upgraded to nop 2.4 as this was the way how nop 2.3 used to work - using the same setting for products thumbs on category pages and product thumbs on product page. I also noticed that some of the html for the right column on the product details page is missing and that is why some of the buttons and links are not shown correctly.

We will fix the issue with all thumbs displaying on one line shortly.

p.s. If you wish we can have a look at the issue with the html and fix it if you provide us with the ftp credentials in a separate mail or a private message so that we can upload the fixes for you.

Thanks!
ylechasseur
11 years ago
#1021 Quote
Hi Guys,

My site has been moved and faster than ever.

I have this error message when Google Crawl the site:

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): A public action method 'ProductReviewsTabAddNew' was not found on controller 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs.Controllers.ProductTabController'.     at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName)     at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()     at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)     at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)     at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()     at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()     at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)     at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()     at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()     at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)     at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)     at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)     at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)     at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

http://www.usnautic.com/producttab/productreviewstabaddnew/7545

What do you think, did I miss some files when I moved my domain ?

Best regards

Yves

Boyko
11 years ago
#1296 Quote
ylechasseur wrote:
Hi Guys,

My site has been moved and faster than ever.

I have this error message when Google Crawl the site:

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): A public action method 'ProductReviewsTabAddNew' was not found on controller
http://www.usnautic.com/producttab/productreviewstabaddnew/7545

What do you think, did I miss some files when I moved my domain ?

Best regards

Yves

Hi Yves,

This has been fixed. The problem is that the Googlebot parses the inline javascript in the tabs and finds this url that is used to submit reviews via ajax. So the action is available only for POST requests and when the Crawler tries to open it via Get request it says that there is no such Controller. The fix is to move the inline Javascript in a separate js file. You can simply download your package again and replace your Quick Tabs plugin folder with the new one and don't forget to merge any changes you have made to the styles of the tabs back.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
LLuke
11 years ago
#1460 Quote
Hi

What is the difference between the trial version and the full version? Is it possible to upgrade to the full version without losing any settings/data?

Thanks

Boyko
11 years ago
#1462 Quote
LLuke wrote:
Hi

What is the difference between the trial version and the full version? Is it possible to upgrade to the full version without losing any settings/data?

Thanks

Hi LLuke,

Yes, it is possible to upgrade to the full version without loosing any settings/data.
When you download the paid package you will find detailed instructions how to switch from  the free trial version to the paid one.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
tbauto
11 years ago
#1794 Quote
Hi Today I just Update Quicktab plugin but in viewpage source still javascritp is inline which keeps throwing exception from google crawler

<script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
            $('#add-review').live("click", function () {
                var reviewTitle = $("#AddProductReview_Title").val();
                var reviewText = $("#AddProductReview_ReviewText").val();
                var reviewRating = $("input[id=AddProductReview_Rating]:radio:checked").val()
                var productReviewsTabAddNewUrl = "/ProductTab/ProductReviewsTabAddNew/412";
                $("#updateTargetId")[0].style.opacity = 0.5;
                $.ajax({
                    cache: false,
                    type: "POST",
                    url: productReviewsTabAddNewUrl,
                    data: "add-review=Submit review" + "&AddProductReview.Title=" + reviewTitle.toString()
                     + "&AddProductReview.ReviewText=" + reviewText.toString() + "&AddProductReview.Rating=" + reviewRating.toString(),
                    success: function (data) {
                        $("#updateTargetId")[0].style.opacity = 1;
                        $("#updateTargetId").html(data);
                    },
                    error: function (xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError) {
                        alert('Failed to add review.');
                    }
                });
            });
        });
    </script>

IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1796 Quote
tbauto wrote:
Hi Today I just Update Quicktab plugin but in viewpage source still javascritp is inline which keeps throwing exception from google crawler

<script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
            $('#add-review').live("click", function () {
                var reviewTitle = $("#AddProductReview_Title").val();
                var reviewText = $("#AddProductReview_ReviewText").val();
                var reviewRating = $("input[id=AddProductReview_Rating]:radio:checked").val()
                var productReviewsTabAddNewUrl = "/ProductTab/ProductReviewsTabAddNew/412";
                $("#updateTargetId")[0].style.opacity = 0.5;
                $.ajax({
                    cache: false,
                    type: "POST",
                    url: productReviewsTabAddNewUrl,
                    data: "add-review=Submit review" + "&AddProductReview.Title=" + reviewTitle.toString()
                     + "&AddProductReview.ReviewText=" + reviewText.toString() + "&AddProductReview.Rating=" + reviewRating.toString(),
                    success: function (data) {
                        $("#updateTargetId").html(data);
                    },
                    error: function (xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError) {
                        alert('Failed to add review.');
                    }
                });
            });
        });
    </script>

Hi tbauto,

Have you updated all of the files of the Quick Tabs plugin? Which version of nopCommerce are you using?

If you have not done any modifications to the plugin the best practice is to delete the folder of the old plugin and paste the new one on it's place.

If you have done modifications to the .css you can save your modifications and merge them to the new files. The same goes for the views.

Since we fixed the bug, there have been no reports for this problem.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
pbsdjames
10 years ago
#3101 Quote
I downloaded and installed a trial version yesterday to see how everything works, but somewhere along the way it stopped working.

I’m using NopCommerce 3.10, Theme: Default Clean.  This is in BETA, so I can reload if needed.

At first, everything was working fine.  I then published changes which included the Endicia shipping plugin and the Nop DLLS, After that, the store would not load, so I removed the references in the App_Data/InstalledPlugins.txt to the SevenSpikes plugins and the site loaded without issue.   I then refreshed the listing of plug-ins and re-installed the core, then the Quick Tabs.  When I try to access the configuration for the Quick Tabs, I get the message “We're sorry, an internal error occurred.”

This morning, I reloaded the database to known good backup and completely republished the site.  I then installed the core followed by the Quick Tabs.  Installation of the quick tabs caused the site to error.  I had to manually remove the reference from the InstalledPlugins.txt file in order to get the site back up.

This is the error from the Windows Application Log

Exception information: 
    Exception type: HttpException
    Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.MVCExtensions.RouteCollectionExtensions.AddControllerNamespacesToRoute(RouteCollection routes, String routeName, String[] namespacesToAdd)
   at SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework.Routing.BaseRouteProvider.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Routes.RoutePublisher.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
   at Nop.Web.MvcApplication.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
   at Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start()

Once the site was back up, I installed the core and reloaded the application, I then installed the Quick Tabs.  The site remained up.  If I click the Configure button from the Plugins listing, I get the message “We're sorry, an internal error occurred" and the follow error will appear within the Windows Application Log

Exception information: 
    Exception type: HttpException
    Exception message: The controller for path '/Admin/Widget/ConfigureWidget' was not found or does not implement IController.
   at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.GetControllerInstance(RequestContext requestContext, Type controllerType)
   at System.Web.Mvc.DefaultControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName)
   at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.ProcessRequestInit(HttpContextBase httpContext, IController& controller, IControllerFactory& factory)
   at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap[TResult](Func`1 func)

If I click on the added admin menu (Plugins --> Nop Quick Tabs --> Settings), I get redirected to the page not found page.

What can I do to correct this?
Boyko
10 years ago
#3102 Quote
pbsdjames wrote:
I downloaded and installed a trial version yesterday to see how everything works ...
What can I do to correct this?

Hi pbsdjames,

Could you modify your Global.asax file by adding a few extra spaces in it and save it.
This would trigger a full application restart and the Controllers for the Quick Tabs plugin will get picked up by the MVC and you should be able to open the administration pages.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team