Close

General Discussion

Support
12 years ago
#221 Quote
inspired wrote:
Is it possible to have tabs with product specific content in them? All I can see is the ability to apply 1 tab with set content to 1 or many products.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Could you be a little more specific about this and to be sure we are on the same page, could you illustrate what you want with a real world example.

We are working on a PRO version of the Tabs that will be released next week.
It will support adding tabs not only to products but also to categories i.e have a Tab with content specific for all the products in a given category.
As it will be released next week we still have some time to add new features if they are doable of course.
So feel free to give any suggestions you might have!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
viveramedia
12 years ago
#222 Quote
I have a product, say face cream of which I need to add two tabs named 'direction' and 'ingredients'. The content of these tabs will only apply to that product, therefore should only show for that product. Is this possible in my current version or will it be in the next one?

Many thanks,

Dave
Support
12 years ago
#223 Quote
inspired wrote:
I have a product, say face cream of which I need to add two tabs named 'direction' and 'ingredients'. The content of these tabs will only apply to that product, therefore should only show for that product. Is this possible in my current version or will it be in the next one?

Many thanks,

Dave

You can have more than one Tab for a product.
Each tab have a System Name that you can use to specify for which product it will be used. If you have a product named Face Cream 1 then you can create two tabs i.e 'Face Cream 1 direction' and 'Face Cream 1 ingredients' and add them to your 'Face Cream 1' product.

Is this what you want or we are missing something?

Thanks
viveramedia
12 years ago
#224 Quote
AH I see, yeh kind of, however if I have 3000 products and 2 tabs for each, i'd have 6000 different tabs, rather than 2 different tabs and content amended per product if you understand.

So I can go into a product, then into tabs, select 'ingredients tab' and then edit the products information for that tab, rather than finding 'face cream 1 ingredients' in a list of 6000.

Bit confusing, let me know if it's needs explaining again!

Thanks,

Dave
Support
12 years ago
#225 Quote
inspired wrote:
AH I see, yeh kind of, however if I have 3000 products and 2 tabs for each, i'd have 6000 different tabs, rather than 2 different tabs and content amended per product if you understand.

So I can go into a product, then into tabs, select 'ingredients tab' and then edit the products information for that tab, rather than finding 'face cream 1 ingredients' in a list of 6000.

Bit confusing, let me know if it's needs explaining again!

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I think I got your point now. What you want is different from what the Tabs are actually designed for. The idea of the Tabs is to be shared between multiple products and this way changing the content of a Tab will result in changing it in every product it is assigned to. What you want is in the opposite direction. You want Tabs not to be shared and to be specific to a product only.

May be this could work for you:

1. You would like to have Tabs that could be used as a Template when adding new tabs to a product. Lets call it a Tab Template.

2. You want to be able to chose a Tab Template when you want to add a new Tab to a product.

3. Once you chose a Tab Template then a new Tab will be added to the product and you will be able to change it specifically for this product.

We think this is a common scenario, so we will implement it.
But we can't promise this could be done for the next week release.

Many thanks
carreralee
12 years ago
#257 Quote
Just bought your Quick Tabs product yesterday.  It beautiful! I'm wondering if the feature that you just mentioned is working now.  It looks like the "Manage Products and Tabs" option is supposed to give you access to modify Tab Templates that have been assigned to products.  When I go in and click the "Edit" button I get this error:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Requested URL http://www.xxxxxx.com:80/Admin/Product/Edit/52

This URL is strange because NOP is actually installed in a directory called /Catalog.
So http://www.xxxxx.com:80/Catalog/Admin/Product/Edit/52 would make a little more sense, but even then there's not a subdirectory called "Admin" within the /Catalog directory.  So I'm wondering if this feature is working.

Please adivse,
Thanks
Support
12 years ago
#258 Quote
carreralee wrote:
Just bought your Quick Tabs product yesterday.  It beautiful! I'm wondering if the feature ...

Hi carreralee,

Thank you for choosing our products and services!

The features we describe in the post before your post are just some thoughts for how we could possibly implement the Tabs plugin in any of the future releases. So the current version of the Tabs does not support any Tab Templates.
Now all Tabs that are created can be shared between multiple products. If you have a Tab assigned to two products and change the content of that Tab then both products will get the updated Tab.
The Manage Product and Tabs option is added for convenience if you want to see which Tabs are assigned to a given product. You can add new existing Tabs to the Product or remove(delete) any already associated Tabs to this product.
Deleting a Tab will remove the association between the Product and the Tab but will not delete the actual Tab.
The Edit button you are talking about is used if you want to edit the actual Product.
The path that you describe:
Admin/Product/Edit/52
It corresponds to an MVC Route in the nopCommerce framework.
Admin - it represent the Administration area
Product - it represent the product controller
Edit - it represents the controller action
52 - it is the Id of the product.
So the URL has nothing to do with any physical paths on your server.

NOTE: We managed to reproduce your problem. The Edit links  does not take into consideration the virtual directory of your web site. We are working now to correct this and will let you know when this is fixed and available for download.

Many thanks for reporting this problem!

Best Regards,
Support
12 years ago
#259 Quote
Hi guys,

The problem described above is fixed now.
You can download the latest version of the plugin from the Downloadable products section in your account.
You only need to replace SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs.dll file in the SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs plugin directory and click Restart Application button in the top right corner of the Admin Panel.

Best Regards,
ylechasseur
12 years ago
#467 Quote
Hi,
I purchased the quicktab and it is very nice. Now I'm trying to add information into my Specifications and UserGuide tab and I have to clue where to add the info. I wnt on the manage products and when I edit one product I don't have any option for tabs.

I restard the applications and clear cache a few time and nothing more... I sure I missed something important but after reading the instruction 3 times, I didn't find any place

Best regards

Yves
Support
12 years ago
#468 Quote
ylechasseur wrote:
Hi,
I purchased the quicktab and it is very nice. Now I'm trying to add information into my Specifications and UserGuide tab and I have to clue where to add the info. I wnt on the manage products and when I edit one product I don't have any option for tabs.

I restard the applications and clear cache a few time and nothing more... I sure I missed something important but after reading the instruction 3 times, I didn't find any place

Best regards

Yves

Hi Yves,

Thank you using our products!

The Specifications Tab information could not be edited manually as it is dynamically set with all the Specifications set for the current product. Note that when you add new specifications to a product(Edit Product page choose Specification attributes tab)  they must have "Show on product page" set to True as by default they are set to False and are not shown. You also need to activate the Specifications tab from the Settings page of the Tabs plugin.

If you are talking about Manage Products and Tabs menu in short you first need to add a new Tab and then from this page you can easily navigate to any product using the search function and then you need to expand the product in order to get the Add Tab button appear. You can read point 3. Adding Custom Product Tabs to a product:
https://nop-templates.com/Help/NopQuickTabs/Version_2_3/lessons/Working_with_Nop_Quick_Tabs.html
The Manage product Tabs is not that user friendly as we want it to be as we would rather add a new Tab on the Edit Product page for managing the Tabs for a given product and everything to be in a single page.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,