Close

Bugs

szszerencses
8 years ago
#9196 Quote
szszerencses wrote:
Hello, we are using the Allure theme on our NopCommerce webshop. My problem is on the main page, the javascript is working for seconds (on fast machines, and working for minutes on slow machines). As I see the javascript is making the gray overlay to the main products, and ajax cart and quick preview are adding their stuff too. But this is too slow, it is not affordable. Please check it, and make some performance improvement on it (for example using css instead of javascript, or whatever). My site is here: www.reaphstore.com
- sorry, so the issue is on latest Internet Explorer and Firefox. On chrome the page is quite responsive after loading. The correct url: www.seraphstore.com
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9202 Quote
Hi,

We are not experiencing this problem locally and your site doesn't seem slow.
Could you provide us with a link to page that appears slow ?
How did you find out that the JavaScript is the problem ? 
Could you specify what part of the JavaScript is slowing down your site (some code fragment or file which causes the problem) ?
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
szszerencses
8 years ago
#9220 Quote
iliyan.tanev wrote:
Hi,

We are not experiencing this problem locally and your site doesn't seem slow.
Could you provide us with a link to page that appears slow ?
How did you find out that the JavaScript is the problem ? 
Could you specify what part of the JavaScript is slowing down your site (some code fragment or file which causes the problem) ?
As I wrote it, but I can write again and again and again the url is: www.seraphstore.com please check it from Internet Explorer 11. Oh, and another bug for IE. The ajax filters slider doesn't work on IE11. I think the js is slow, because when I got on the page script is working Do you want to continue? question from Internet Explorer, when I stop the script the ajax preview button and ajax add to cart button are missing. I think if I pay 249$ for just a theme, then it should be working on major browsers without any issue.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9222 Quote
Hi,

Yes, you are right and that is why we would do everything we can to help you resolve this issue.

If you go to our Theme demo you will see that in IE 11 the Filters slider is working, also the QuickView and the AjaxCart are working fine too. 

The bug that you have described when you stop the script is because you have the bundling turned on, which means that you are stopping the execution of all the JavaScripts on the page and because both the AjaxCart and the QuickView JavaScripts are part of this bundled script they could not work.

The link you provided is taking the same time to load on IE 11 and on Chrome or Firefox. We, also profiled the JavaScript and this is the result. Keep in mind that your bundling is on, so this is the profile information for all the scripts that are executed on the home page, which includes the ones from nopCommerce as well, not only ours.
As you could see the execution time of all the scripts is 1,41s which is pretty fast considering the number of products that you have on your home page.

What I am trying to say is that nopCommerce is not the fastest platform, so these loading times are to be expected. Our theme has nothing to do with this. 
Our advice would be to consider reducing the number of products on your pages. For example instead of 30 you could show 15. This will speed up the loading time.

The only problem that we are seeing is that the Slider is loading slower than the products and menu, which is known bug and it is planned for resolving.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
szszerencses
8 years ago
#9237 Quote
"If you go to our Theme demo you will see that in IE 11 the Filters slider is working, also the QuickView and the AjaxCart are working fine too. " - this is why I'm here and asking help. On demo it seems working, on our live environment, it is not working under IE11.
szszerencses
8 years ago
#9238 Quote
I want to start a support ticket too, but product dropdown is empty, and product field is required. So I can't submit the form. It's a shame for you.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9240 Quote
Hi,

szszerencses wrote:
"If you go to our Theme demo you will see that in IE 11 the Filters slider is working, also the QuickView and the AjaxCart are working fine too. " - this is why I'm here and asking help. On demo it seems working, on our live environment, it is not working under IE11.

Could you turn off your bundling so we could diagnose the Ajax requests ? 

szszerencses wrote:
I want to start a support ticket too, but product dropdown is empty, and product field is required. So I can't submit the form. It's a shame for you.

The product field is not a dropdown it is an autocomplete search field. You must select a product in the first step and if you remove it later you could add something by typing its name in the search field. The autocomplete will generate a dropdown list with the matching results and when you select a product from the list it will appear above the product field.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
szszerencses
8 years ago
#9265 Quote
This is our testing environment without bundle: the issue is the same with or without bundle: http://seraphstore.azurewebsites.net/ and this is the live environment: http://seraphstore.com/
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9266 Quote
Hi,

You misunderstood me. The turning off of the bundling won't fix the temporary blocking of the site you experience on IE, but it will help us determine the origin of the problem.
It appears that the IE is locking your page while requests are in progress. When we diagnosed the requests we noticed that the Product Ribbons take most of the time, but you are not using them on your page. Could you make sure the Product Ribbons plugin is disabled ? 
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
szszerencses
8 years ago
#9302 Quote
Hi, I switched off the Product Ribbon plugin now, but it didn't helped. Please check it, it is switched off now, but it doesn't seem faster on Internet Explorer, or just a very little.