Close

feature missing in anywhere sliders compared to the admin demo on your web site.

fundamentalav
3 years ago
#21349 Quote
Hi,
Not sure if there are major feature differences between the ver 4.0 and 4.3 that are not documented or I'm using a plug-in version that was released before the features I am seeing available on your admin demo site.
I am using the most current available version on my account  
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=4.0.1399.32560
In the installed version on my 4.0 site, I do not have the slider type options listed in this picture on your web site.
I do not have the mobile breakpoint option.
Once a new slider is created and I go to create a slide it is only the slider image not the drop-down menu choice of Picture/Content like on the admin demo site.

You do not seem to bother to keep you changelogs up to date since the last thing listed is form 2018 and there is no mention of the huge changes between the version I have and the one on the demo site.

I was hoping to use this for displaying a testimonial slider which if the content slider option was there would seem to be perfect for this.

Please clarify why this is not available. I've tried a couple of companies options that did not work well at all and have had good luck with your products so hoping it is something can stay with.

Thanks, Chris

anton_ivanov
3 years ago
#21355 Quote
Hello,

During the 4.20 -> 4.30 upgrade we've change the front end of the plugin from Nivo slider to the Slick slider. So settings changed because the slider's front-end setting are different now. The setting you see in the administration are the ones that directly can control the Slick slider. Our documentation briefly explains the settings.
There are no more slider types. However, you can now upload a mobile picture for the slide (if Picture slide) that will show under a certain resolution (768px width by default). Also, you are able to make Content (HTML) slides. That means that the slider will not only show pictures but actual HTML code. Furthermore, you can style that HTML code using the Custom Class and Custom Css settings.

A good edition to this new slider is the lazy-loading it can do. Meaning the images won't be loaded with the loading of the page but rather they will load after the page has completely loaded. That means, that your page will load faster, leaving the slower operations to be completed after the page has loaded.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
fundamentalav
3 years ago
#21356 Quote
Hi,in the version
That all sounds great. How do I enable these in the version I purchased? There is no mention anywhere about these features not being available in the 4.0 version when I purchased it. I purchased this after 4.2 was already available and there was no mention of these major changes in the change log in emails I could find from you.

Chris
Boyko
3 years ago
#21357 Quote
fundamentalav wrote:
Hi,in the version
That all sounds great. How do I enable these in the version I purchased? There is no mention anywhere about these features not being available in the 4.0 version when I purchased it. I purchased this after 4.2 was already available and there was no mention of these major changes in the change log in emails I could find from you.

Chris

Hi Chris,

When you have purchased the plugin these changes were not available on our demo site since they were not done yet (we did them during the upgrade to 4.3).
I am afraid these changes can't be applied to previous versions of nopCommerce since they require DB changes, which we are allowed to do only as part of the upgrade scripts executed when you upgrade from one version to another. So in order to use the new functionality you need to use nopCommerce 4.30.
Yes, you are right. The new Slider is perfect for testimonials as you can write your own custom HTML but in the old version, you can still add an image instead of HTML (so simply add the testimonial text in an image).
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team