Close

Feature Requests

nopnopgogo!
8 years ago
#12114 Quote
Hi NOP-Templates, how we can set the default size for thumbnails under slider ? And what do you think about thumbnails generation as different (scaled) images to speed up page loading and google pagespeed insights ? Thanks a lot
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#12119 Quote
nopnopgogo! wrote:
Hi NOP-Templates, how we can set the default size for thumbnails under slider ? And what do you think about thumbnails generation as different (scaled) images to speed up page loading and google pagespeed insights ? Thanks a lot

Hi,

the size of the thumbnails is controlled via CSS, there is no available setting for it.

I don't think adding a new setting for the size of thumbnails would have any effect on the speed because once the picture is downloaded by the browser each of the following requests for the same picture would result in getting it from the browser's cache.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
sapphire
7 years ago
#12941 Quote
We have a customer who would like to add a video to the banner (Vimeo link) - Ability to add video would be great
hristian.dimov
7 years ago
#12946 Quote
sapphire wrote:
We have a customer who would like to add a video to the banner (Vimeo link) - Ability to add video would be great

Hi Sapphire,

you can achieve this result with the Html Widgets plugin, which allows you to place everything ( including video ) to a certain place(s) on your page(s).

Have you considered it?
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
joster
6 years ago
#13758 Quote
hristian.dimov wrote:

Hi Sapphire,

you can achieve this result with the Html Widgets plugin, which allows you to place everything ( including video ) to a certain place(s) on your page(s).

Have you considered it?

I think this is a great suggestion!
We're also interested in this same functionality, and the HTML widget doesn't really cut it for our purposes because we want to display the video slides responsively within the main slider div.
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13859 Quote
Please add the ability to select whether a slider can be desktop only/mobile only/both. This would be awesome as sliders designed for desktop views can be difficult to see on a mobile screen. 

Cheers
edcorusa
6 years ago
#13861 Quote
I like that idea.
Brian Weston
EDCOR Electronics Corporation
www.edcorusa.com
hristian.dimov
6 years ago
#13872 Quote
bcdiesel wrote:
Please add the ability to select whether a slider can be desktop only/mobile only/both. This would be awesome as sliders designed for desktop views can be difficult to see on a mobile screen. 

Cheers

Hi,

Please submit your idea in our UserVoice portal so that other people can vote for it.

In the meantime, you can workaround this by creating 2 sliders. Set a "Theme class name" for the first one to be "desktop" and "mobile" for the second one. Then with CSS and appropriate media queries you can easily show/hide the sliders for certain resolutions e.g:

@media all and (min-width: 1281px) {
    .theme-desktop {
        display: block;
    }
}

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13877 Quote
Hi Hristan,

Thank you for the info, that’s great news. I tried to implement your suggestions but I guess I’m not fluent enough in CSS and your plugin to be able to accomplish this. 

Which CSS file should I be adding that code to? Are there any other files that I need to modify? The slider I’m using is on our home page using the home_page_main_slider widget zone. 

I wanted to have two sliders, one with images of 1920x450 for desktop view, and one with images of 350x300 for mobile view. I created the two theme class names “desktop” and “mobile” and set the max width of the mobile to be 500 and min width of the desktop class to  501. Unfortunately though the mobile slider shows up no matter what. 

Any pointers would be super appreciated. 

Cheers!
Travis
mstuart
5 years ago
#14810 Quote
Looking at how the slider work, I'm not sure if it is possible, but I have a client that has multiple banner images and wants one of them to use an image map having four separate clickable sections within one of the banner images.