Close

Complete Order - Direct Link to new product review

joster
8 years ago
#9963 Quote
joster wrote:
Also...if you will merge the new token into version 3.40, was this new feature added before or after 6/12/2015? That is when my license for customer reminders expired.
The download package that I can download from my account is this:
NopCustomerReminders_3.4.1149.16357

Will I need to renew my license to get it?

Hi Joster,

Unfortunately we will not be able to add this feature in nopCommerce 3.4. There are some technical obstacles that prevent us from doing this.
I would advice you to upgrade to the latest nopCommerce 3.6 version and this way take advantage of all the new features and improvements in our plugins and the nopCommerce platform.

As I said, we will not be upgrading past 3.40, so will you please explain the "technical obstacle" to me?

Perhaps I can make the necessary changes to my 3.40 version to allow for the new token code to be utilized?? I mean, surely you are not just trying to force me into upgrading my theme and plugin licenses just to gain access to a message token...right?
joster
8 years ago
#9964 Quote
I mean...if you are just looking for a way to get paid for adding the feature into an older version, I will pay for the renewal to the license...but I have no intention of upgrading my nopcommerce version number.
Boyko
8 years ago
#9967 Quote
joster wrote:
I mean...if you are just looking for a way to get paid for adding the feature into an older version, I will pay for the renewal to the license...but I have no intention of upgrading my nopcommerce version number.

Hi Joster,

It is not a matter of paying for it. If we were able to do it we would but as I said it there is a technical problem in nop 3.4 that doesn't allow us to do it there. I don't want to go into technical details as I think you got the point here.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
8 years ago
#9975 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Hi Joster,

It is not a matter of paying for it. If we were able to do it we would but as I said it there is a technical problem in nop 3.4 that doesn't allow us to do it there. I don't want to go into technical details as I think you got the point here.

OK, so your company could not even be hired to make the customization because it is too difficult for you?
Boyko
8 years ago
#9976 Quote
joster wrote:

OK, so your company could not even be hired to make the customization because it is too difficult for you?

Hi Joster,

I don't think you got the point here.
The changes are not difficult they are just not possible to be done in 3.4.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
8 years ago
#9977 Quote
I wish I could edit my replies.....

I don't mean to be obtuse, but my company needs this capability and I must endeavor to find a viable solution. Whatever the cost, and from whomever can provide it. If the version of the product I purchased from you (barely a year old) cannot be easily modified to include the same functionality as newer version, I understand...but it is almost impossible for me to believe that you guys are not capable of achieving it.

I'm fairly certain that your code is obfuscated, and therefore I wouldn't be able to provide another developer with the source code and hire them to make the modification. Right?
So, unless you guys can be contracted to make the modification for me, I must hire another developer to re-create the entire plugin for me....which I'll do if I have to.
joster
8 years ago
#9981 Quote
You're right. I didn't get the point. First you said "technical obstacle"...in my mind, obstacles must be leapt over, bypassed, or conquered. Then you said "technical problem"..problems are meant to be solved.

I initially tried to ask you what changesets to 3.50 were made that prevent you from being able to add the same functionality to 3.40 version of the plugin. In my mind, I do not see why I cannot implement whatever changes were made in 3.50 into my 3.40 version, which would then make it compatible with your newer version plugin...but you did not answer it.
Boyko
8 years ago
#9985 Quote
joster wrote:
You're right. I didn't get the point. First you said "technical obstacle"...in my mind, obstacles must be leapt over, bypassed, or conquered. Then you said "technical problem"..problems are meant to be solved.

I initially tried to ask you what changesets to 3.50 were made that prevent you from being able to add the same functionality to 3.40 version of the plugin. In my mind, I do not see why I cannot implement whatever changes were made in 3.50 into my 3.40 version, which would then make it compatible with your newer version plugin...but you did not answer it.

Hi Joster,

I don't know how to explain this to you either "technical issue", "problem" or whatever you would like to call it. The problem is that there are some incompatibility issues that cause the code to throw exceptions in some scenarios which are beyond our control. As you know we depend on nopCommerce as we create plugins for it and we don't have full control over the web site's configuration. nopCommerce itself is based on ASP.NET hosted in IIS and we can't make any changes to the IIS server configuration nor we can't expect our customers to do so. 
Anyway the good news is that we decided to make these changes for you in nopCommerce 3.4.
But you must know that there is a known issue if you are using IISExpress and you have your trace logging enabled (which is enabled by default). There are no problems on IIS server, which is used to host nopCommerce, so it won't affect any site in production. But in some cases this may not work on IISExpress. Of course it can easily be fixed if you disable the Trace logging in IISExress, which can only improve the performance. If you ever see this error during development "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Hosting.SimpleWorkerRequest' to type 'System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest'" then let us know and we will tell you how to fix it on your local machine.
The bad news is that you need to renew your license in order to get the latest version of the plugin for 3.4. This is how our licensing works and all updates after the license has expired are not going into your package.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
jakubz
8 years ago
#10248 Quote
Hi! how can I do this in 3.60? 
Boyko
8 years ago
#10250 Quote
jakubz wrote:
Hi! how can I do this in 3.60? 

Hi jakubz,

All you need to do is explained in this post.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team