Close

Complete Order - Direct Link to new product review

tmebrands
8 years ago
#9817 Quote
Hi,

I want to be able to have the products listed that they purchased with a link off to ADD NEW review. I don't want them to have search out the product etc.. a single click and they're at the add new review screen.

Cheers
Gavin
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#9818 Quote
gavinramm wrote:
Hi,

I want to be able to have the products listed that they purchased with a link off to ADD NEW review. I don't want them to have search out the product etc.. a single click and they're at the add new review screen.

Cheers
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

We introduced this functionality in 3.60 version and the change could be done very easily. It will be better for you if you can upgrade to 3.60 version as there are a lot of bug fixes and improvements that you can benefit from. 

If you do the upgrade to 3.60 version write back to us and we will tell you what you need to change in order to have this functionality.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
LASRapp
8 years ago
#9821 Quote
We're already running 3.6. Can you provide an explanation for how to do this?
tmebrands
8 years ago
#9822 Quote
We can't upgrade to 3.6 right now due to time and dependencies.
Is there anyway that this can done with 3.5 or something that at least takes them to the products?
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#9830 Quote
gavinramm wrote:
Is there anyway that this can done with 3.5 or something that at least takes them to the products?

Hi,

We merged the changes in 3.5 version. You need to download and update the plugin to the latest version following this article: http://www.nop-templates.com/how-to-update-a-nopcommerce-plugin

After updating the plugin you need to go to the \Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders\Views\TokenTemplates\_ProductsWithPictures.cshtml view and change this:

string productUrl = storeUrl + productSeName;

to be:

string productUrl = storeUrl + "productreviews/" + product.Id;

The new token that you should use is in the message templates is: %Order.ProductsWithPictures%

Note: Keep in mind that this will affect the AbandonedShoppingCart.ProductWithPictures token. If you want to make the change only for the CompletedOrder.ProductWithPictures you will need to copy the whole content from the _ProductsWithPictures.cshtml, paste it into Order.ProductsWithPictures.cshtml view and do the url change there.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
tmebrands
8 years ago
#9833 Quote
cheers works a treat! thanks for a great support.
joster
8 years ago
#9953 Quote
hristian.dimov wrote:

Hi,

We merged the changes in 3.5 version. You need to download and update the plugin to the latest version following this article: http://www.nop-templates.com/how-to-update-a-nopcommerce-plugin

After updating the plugin you need to go to the \Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CustomerReminders\Views\TokenTemplates\_ProductsWithPictures.cshtml view and change this:

string productUrl = storeUrl + productSeName;

to be:

string productUrl = storeUrl + "productreviews/" + product.Id;

The new token that you should use is in the message templates is: %Order.ProductsWithPictures%

Note: Keep in mind that this will affect the AbandonedShoppingCart.ProductWithPictures token. If you want to make the change only for the CompletedOrder.ProductWithPictures you will need to copy the whole content from the _ProductsWithPictures.cshtml, paste it into Order.ProductsWithPictures.cshtml view and do the url change there.

Hope this helps!

Hello-

We will not be upgrading past version 3.40, but very much would like to be able to reference the %Order.ProductsWithPictures% token in our customer reminder message templates. 

Is it possible vor version 3.40?

Thank you!
joster
8 years ago
#9954 Quote
Also...if you will merge the new token into version 3.40, was this new feature added before or after 6/12/2015? That is when my license for customer reminders expired.
The download package that I can download from my account is this:
NopCustomerReminders_3.4.1149.16357

Will I need to renew my license to get it?
Boyko
8 years ago
#9957 Quote
joster wrote:
Also...if you will merge the new token into version 3.40, was this new feature added before or after 6/12/2015? That is when my license for customer reminders expired.

Hi Joster,

Unfortunately we will not be able to add this feature in nopCommerce 3.4. There are some technical obstacles that prevent us from doing this.
I would advice you to upgrade to the latest nopCommerce 3.6 version and this way take advantage of all the new features and improvements in our plugins and the nopCommerce platform.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
8 years ago
#9962 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Hi Joster,

Unfortunately we will not be able to add this feature in nopCommerce 3.4. There are some technical obstacles that prevent us from doing this.
I would advice you to upgrade to the latest nopCommerce 3.6 version and this way take advantage of all the new features and improvements in our plugins and the nopCommerce platform.

As I said, we will not be upgrading past 3.40, so will you please explain the "technical obstacle" to me?