Close

General Discussion

UserThomas
10 years ago
#5791 Quote
IE 8 support?

Some of the css settings do not appear to work in Internet Explorer 8.  I couldn't find if it was supported or not.   Can you tell me?
Support
10 years ago
#5801 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
IE 8 support?

Some of the css settings do not appear to work in Internet Explorer 8.  I couldn't find if it was supported or not.   Can you tell me?

Hi Thomas,

Could you be a little more specific. What do you mean by some "settings". The theme does support IE 8 and it can be tested on our demo site.

Best Regards!
UserThomas
10 years ago
#5802 Quote
It has to do with the custom.css file you have been helping me on.  The browser only accepts some of the settings.

Ex: it does accept the color changes but it does not accept the code to move the right column to the left side.
Support
9 years ago
#5847 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
It has to do with the custom.css file you have been helping me on.  The browser only accepts some of the settings.

Ex: it does accept the color changes but it does not accept the code to move the right column to the left side.

Hi Thomas,

We have replied to your forum post here

Please do not duplicate forum posts.

Best Regards!
UserThomas
9 years ago
#5850 Quote
Sorry. I was testing the login feature. It it turned off now and no credentials are needed to browse.
UserThomas
9 years ago
#5853 Quote
I'm not sure where to post this but I am looking to change the jcarousel that is displayed on the products page.

When I have more than 5 thumbnails pictures, I want the scrolling affect to apply and not move the 6+ pictures to just get moved down to a 2nd row.

Thanks!
Support
9 years ago
#5859 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
I'm not sure where to post this but I am looking to change the jcarousel that is displayed on the products page.

When I have more than 5 thumbnails pictures, I want the scrolling affect to apply and not move the 6+ pictures to just get moved down to a 2nd row.

Thanks!

Hi Thomas,

You just need to enable the Nop Cloud Zoom plugin and check the "Enable Picture Thumbnails To Be In JCarousel:" option.

Best Regards!
Support
9 years ago
#5876 Quote
UserThomas wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I found out what the issue is with IE 8. The reason is that IE 8 does not have support for media queries and thus all the styles in the custom.css which are wrapped in a "media screen and .." are not recognized. You can fix this by including the css with the @Html.AddCssParts html helper in the Head.cshtml view or by placing the styles which are wrapped in the "media" query in a Themes/Allure/Content/css/ie8-fix.css file.

So if you have the following in the custom.css

@media screen and (min-width: 1001px){
.product-details-page .overview {
margin-left: 620px;
margin-right: 0;}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 769px){
.ui-tabs, .gallery {
float: left;}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 769px){
float: right;}
}

place the following in the ie8-fix.css

margin-left: 620px;
margin-right: 0;
}

.ui-tabs, .gallery {
float: left;
}

float: right;
}

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!
t.ent
9 years ago
#5938 Quote
In the mobile view when you slide out the menu, Is it possible to have the PRODUCTS clickable as well as the arrow?  on a mobile device If the user clicks the PRODUCTS text it closes the menu.
Support
9 years ago
#6003 Quote
t.ent wrote:
In the mobile view when you slide out the menu, Is it possible to have the PRODUCTS clickable as well as the arrow?  on a mobile device If the user clicks the PRODUCTS text it closes the menu.

Hi t.ent,

When you click on PRODUCTS nothing will happen because there is no page which can be opened like the MANUFACTURERS link to the manufacturers all page in the menu for example.

I have tested it with several devices and it does not close when it is clicked. If you click on the bar with the Close button, the menu will be closed. So I suppose you have clicked on the bar with the Close button above the Products title in the menu.

Would it be possible to double check whether the menu is closed if you click on the Products link.

Hope that makes sense!

Best Regards!