Close

General Discussion

Support
10 years ago
#4598 Quote
Hi Thomas,

Yes, I was talking about topics and not widgets. Sorry for the typo.

You need to have a ContactUs topic in your administration -> content management -> topics .If it is missing you should create it yourself as it is part of nopCommerce and is not created by any of our plugins. This topic is displayed as a topic block on the Contact Us page. So when you open the Contact Us page this topic is displayed just before the inputs for entering name, email and enquiry.

You can see it here .

Hope that helps!

UserThomas
10 years ago
#4600 Quote
Regarding the color themes:
I copy pasted the theme colors in the styles.css, renamed it from orange to blue, change the hex colors, but how do I apply it to the site?  The color does not show in the admin side so that I can select it.
Support
10 years ago
#4601 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
Regarding the color themes:
I copy pasted the theme colors in the styles.css, renamed it from orange to blue, change the hex colors, but how do I apply it to the site?  The color does not show in the admin side so that I can select it.

Hi Thomas,

You need to open the Themes/Allure/Views/Shared/_Root.Head.cshtml file and edit as shown below:

<body class="color-blue @texture">

Best Regards!
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4603 Quote
Support wrote:
Hi Thomas,

You need to have a ContactUs topic in your administration -> content management -> topics .If it is missing you should create it yourself as it is part of nopCommerce and is not created by any of our plugins. This topic is displayed as a topic block on the Contact Us page. So when you open the Contact Us page this topic is displayed just before the inputs for entering name, email and enquiry.

You can see it here .

Hope that helps!

When I create a Contact Us page it inserts the information I type in onto the contact us form on the website. However, it has two "contact us" titles listed.  One because of the email form (it has contact us written with a pink underline) and a second time below that (contact us written and two thin grey lines on each side).  Then it has the information I enter for the topic page. Then it has the user form.

I think it it combining the topic page I make with a page you have for the form.

In my previous post, the admin site for the topic page contact us is /t/ContactUs , but the link on the website is /Contactus.

I wish I could send a screen shot.
Support
10 years ago
#4604 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
Hi Thomas,

You can see it here .

Hope that helps!

When I create a Contact Us page it inserts the information I type in onto the contact us form on the website. However, it has two "contact us" titles listed.  One because of the email form (it has contact us written with a pink underline) and a second time below that (contact us written and two thin grey lines on each side).  Then it has the information I enter for the topic page. Then it has the user form.

I think it it combining the topic page I make with a page you have for the form.

In my previous post, the admin site for the topic page contact us is /t/ContactUs , but the link on the website is /Contactus.

I wish I could send a screen shot.

Hi,

Can you please send the screenshot and a link to your site to our support email so that we can sort this our quickly!

Best Regards!
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4606 Quote
Support wrote:
How do I change the size of the category round pictures on the home page and the sub-category round pictures on the category pages?

I believe I have got this. Please confirm if this is the setting I change:
File: 980.css
.home-page-category-grid .item-box {
        width: 15.33333333333333%;

Hi,

This is partially correct. The categories on the home page and category page are a bit different and that is why there are two separate styles:

.home-page-category-grid .item-box
.category-page .item-box

If you need to change the size of the round pictures just change the width as you have written above for those two styles.

Please have in mind that for the different resolutions the sizes are different and in the different files. For the desktop version the styles are in 980.css file.

Hope that helps!

changing this setting also changes the size of the products being displayed.  this causes formatting and quickview style errors.

.category-page .item-box {
        width: 32.3333333%;
        float: left;

is there anyway to just change the sub-category circles only, like i can on the home page?
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4607 Quote
Support wrote:

Hi,

Can you please send the screenshot and a link to your site to our support email so that we can sort this our quickly!

Best Regards!

i emailed it.
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4612 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
How do I change the size of the category round pictures on the home page and the sub-category round pictures on the category pages?

Hi,

This is partially correct. The categories on the home page and category page are a bit different and that is why there are two separate styles:

.category-page .item-box

If you need to change the size of the round pictures just change the width as you have written above for those two styles.

Please have in mind that for the different resolutions the sizes are different and in the different files. For the desktop version the styles are in 980.css file.

Hope that helps!

changing this setting also changes the size of the products being displayed.  this causes formatting and quickview style errors.

is there anyway to just change the sub-category circles only, like i can on the home page?

Also, as an option, is there anyway to remove the sub-categories from showing up at all?
Clicking "computers" and it shows me all the items under that category, but then on the left navigation, i click on "desktops" and it shows me only desktops.
Support
10 years ago
#4618 Quote
UserThomas wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards!

i emailed it.

Hi,

You need to just delete the topic title from the administration. The contact us page contains the contact us topic as a block. So it is better not to have a title itself for the topic so that you do not have duplicate titles. Opening the topic as a topic page is not a real case scenario because in the public part all the links for the contact us point to the contact us page and there is no option to open the contact us topic page. So that is why just remove the title for the topic itself.

Best Regards!
Support
10 years ago
#4619 Quote
UserThomas wrote:

Hi,

.category-page .item-box

Hope that helps!

Also, as an option, is there anyway to remove the sub-categories from showing up at all?
Clicking "computers" and it shows me all the items under that category, but then on the left navigation, i click on "desktops" and it shows me only desktops.

Hi,

You can use the .sub-category-grid parent class to change the size for the subcategories only. So use the following:

.category-page .sub-category-grid .item-box

If you want to remove the subcategories from showing you will need to add the following css:

.sub-category-grid {display: none;}

You will need to enable the following options so that on a category page products from subcategories are displayed also. The setting can be found in administration -> configuration -> settings -> catalog settings  - the Include products from subcategories: option.

Best Regards!