Close

Applying the Theme?

gbronson
3 years ago
#21298 Quote
I'm very new to NOP and NOP Themes. I've worked through publishing NOP 4.3 using Visual Studio 2019 and Microsoft Azure. The website and SQL are both hosted on Azure. I just uploaded the theme and plugins today. I installed everything in the correct order. I paused after the initial upload of the ZIP file since the documentation said that the upload would not work if NOP was hosted on Azure. When i checked via FTP, everything was there. Can you confirm this is okay now? I installed all of the additional plugins as well. I was using a fresh install of NOP 4.3 and after the them install i added a logo and one product but the theme made absolutely no changes to the store front end at all. I saved my simple changes and restarted the application but no changes were seen. Being new to NOP and it's themes I must be missing something stupid so could someone fill me in on it? Maybe i do need to FTP the files after all? I just assumed the whole site would automatically take on the new theme. Is there a place in Administration to select which master theme to use?  Thanks for your time.
ChillyWilly
3 years ago
#21299 Quote
Hi there!
I didn´t get it if you managed to see the Nop-Templates tab in the Administration Menu, but if you did, did you configure the plugins to work? Pretty much every single one (of Nop-Templates plugins) has an option to activate it in the "Settings" section of it. Then, is just a matter to actually use them as you intended.
And for the template, in addition to install it, you must select the theme in the "General Settings" to apply it to the page.

Hope this helps!
Chilly
todor.atanasov
3 years ago
#21303 Quote
gbronson wrote:
I'm very new to NOP and NOP Themes. I've worked through publishing NOP 4.3 using Visual Studio 2019 and Microsoft Azure. The website and SQL are both hosted on Azure. I just uploaded the theme and plugins today. I installed everything in the correct order. I paused after the initial upload of the ZIP file since the documentation said that the upload would not work if NOP was hosted on Azure. When i checked via FTP, everything was there. Can you confirm this is okay now? I installed all of the additional plugins as well. I was using a fresh install of NOP 4.3 and after the them install i added a logo and one product but the theme made absolutely no changes to the store front end at all. I saved my simple changes and restarted the application but no changes were seen. Being new to NOP and it's themes I must be missing something stupid so could someone fill me in on it? Maybe i do need to FTP the files after all? I just assumed the whole site would automatically take on the new theme. Is there a place in Administration to select which master theme to use?  Thanks for your time.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I assume you have followed our instructions on installing the theme. The last time we have tested this was last week on 4.3 and unfortunately, uploading the theme through the admin threw an exception.

In case you didn't get any errors, I assume you can install and test our products, but if you encounter any error when you upload through the admin, I would highly recommend uploading the theme manually through FTP.

When you unzip the package that you have downloaded through the My Downloads page on our website, you will find the folders Themes and Plugins.

Copy the content from the Themes folder (that would be a single folder with the name of the theme) to the Themes folder in your Azure nopCommerce installation and the content of Plugins folder (that would be folders with all the plugins included in our theme) to the Plugins folder in the Azure nopCommerce installation. Then restart the application and you should find all the folders and plugins in Configuration -> Local plugins and you can proceed with installing them (install the Core plugin first is required).

Finally, even if you install the theme plugin, this is not the same as activating the theme. The theme plugin just allows you to make some changes to the theme settings. In order to activate the theme, you need to go to Configuration -> Settings -> General settings. If the theme was uploaded successfully, you should see it there and will be able to set it as the active theme.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
gbronson
3 years ago
#21305 Quote
I think i figured most of it out now. I didn't get any errors at all when i installed it. I'm well on my way now.

Thanks.