Close

General Discussion

Support
10 years ago
#4236 Quote
Topic for general discussion regarding the Nop Motion Responsive Theme.
ylechasseur
9 years ago
#7868 Quote
Hi Guys,

I have a small problem with the product insertion. I did an interface to manage the products imported. In this interface, I add product specification, product pictures, text.... When I am saving, the pictures is added, mapped to the product_picture mapping, move to the FTP site and so on. When I look at the product on the web site, it is there, but when I click on it.. nothing happen. When I use the Quick Look, then no problem but then from this window, if I click on Go to Product Description, again nothing happen. I realized that I had to update the URLRecord table with the required information, but then, If I do it manually to test, I have an Error. If I open the product from the admin console and save it, then I found the entree into the able URLRecord in double and often with the same information as I did prior. I probably missing an insert in an other table, but I didn't find where.

Any idea what I could missed ?

Also, the Motion theme is great and very easy to work with as is.. very happy with my purchase...as usual with you guys.

Have a nice day

Yves
www.liveforsailing.com
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#7883 Quote
ylechasseur wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a small problem with the product insertion. I did an interface to manage the products imported. In this interface, I add product specification, product pictures, text.... When I am saving, the pictures is added, mapped to the product_picture mapping, move to the FTP site and so on. When I look at the product on the web site, it is there, but when I click on it.. nothing happen. When I use the Quick Look, then no problem but then from this window, if I click on Go to Product Description, again nothing happen. I realized that I had to update the URLRecord table with the required information, but then, If I do it manually to test, I have an Error. If I open the product from the admin console and save it, then I found the entree into the able URLRecord in double and often with the same information as I did prior. I probably missing an insert in an other table, but I didn't find where.

Any idea what I could missed ?

Also, the Motion theme is great and very easy to work with as is.. very happy with my purchase...as usual with you guys.

Have a nice day

Yves
www.liveforsailing.com

Hi Yves,

You are on the right tracks about this.

After you insert your product you need to mimic the behavior of inserting into the UrlRecord table. I would suggest you to see what the Create method of the ProductController ( admin controller ) do and try to do it with your script. Before inserting into the UrlRecord table there is a method that validates the SeName of the product (check ValidateSeName method).
This means for example, if the product name is "just a new product" the generated SeName should be "just-a-new-product" and this is the SeName you need to insert into the table as a slug.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
ylechasseur
9 years ago
#7884 Quote
Thanks a lot, I'll give a try and keep you posted. I really appreciate your help...

have a nice day

Yves
ylechasseur
9 years ago
#7985 Quote
Hi Guys,

The problem was the cache. In the all parameters section, look for loadallurlrecordsonstartup is a true by default and has to be changed for False. After it is working well...

Nice new themes and widgets by the way ..

have a nice day

yves
insity
9 years ago
#8243 Quote
Hi,
I am using Motion Theme with NopCommerce 3.3. Off late some of my customers and even me have a feeling that the 'Buy' button in this theme is not very prominent. Especially when the customer is in a hurry and spends very less time on the site, being an ecommerce theme the 'Buy' button should be very prominent and attract the attention of the customer.

Anybody else had the same issue or views or comments from their customers?
Nop-Templates team the overall theme is very good and I like the look and feel, is there something that can be done to only enhance the 'Buy' Button at all places so that it contrasts out and becomes prominent without changing the overall layout and other aspects of the theme.

Thanks
Insity Support
hristo
9 years ago
#8248 Quote
insity wrote:
Hi,
I am using Motion Theme with NopCommerce 3.3. Off late some of my customers and even me have a feeling that the 'Buy' button in this theme is not very prominent. Especially when the customer is in a hurry and spends very less time on the site, being an ecommerce theme the 'Buy' button should be very prominent and attract the attention of the customer.

Nop-Templates team the overall theme is very good and I like the look and feel, is there something that can be done to only enhance the 'Buy' Button at all places so that it contrasts out and becomes prominent without changing the overall layout and other aspects of the theme.

Thanks
Insity Support

Hi,
because the space in the area where the "Buy" button resides is very limited, there is no way to make it bigger. Instead I can suggest you to swap the colors of the button and the price pad if you like (button goes yellow, price pad goes grey). You will need also to swap the styles of the texts inside. If you do, look for any unwanted side-effects on button hover, and if necessary - disable the hover effect.
Regards,
Hristo Gospodinov
Nop-Templates.com
insity
9 years ago
#8259 Quote
hristo wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Insity Support

Hi,
because the space in the area where the "Buy" button resides is very limited, there is no way to make it bigger. Instead I can suggest you to swap the colors of the button and the price pad if you like (button goes yellow, price pad goes grey). You will need also to swap the styles of the texts inside. If you do, look for any unwanted side-effects on button hover, and if necessary - disable the hover effect.

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I did those changes but unfortunately did not like it. 
As an workaround I have added an extra button with different color below the original 'buy' button and named it 'Quick Buy'. I have done these changes to product detail page for now, Let me check the response to see if it encourages people to add to cart and reduces page exits I will do it at other places.

Thanks again for your response.

Thanks
Insity Support