Close

General Discussion

Boyko
9 years ago
#7433 Quote
hayco83 wrote:
Hi,

I'm using NOP Playground 3.3 with no other 3rd party plugins or code.

I'm on a shared hosting plan.

I'm having app pool restarted several times and then stopped.

My hosting company, Arvixe is telling me this is due to either the code or my website is hitting the memory limit (600MB)

Do you have any calculation of memory consumption of the Playground theme and if the 600MB limit is really not sufficient to run it.

Also is there any way that I can know for sure what the real reason behind this app pool restart?

Thanks

Hi Hayco83,

The memory consumption does not depend on the theme but on the data (products/categories) you have in your store. Please read this post about memory consumption in nopCommerce.
The new version of nopCommerce 3.4 will have a lot of performance and memory improvements and it might need less memory but if you want to be sure you won't have any problems my advice is to not use a shared hosting. Here is a thread in the nopCommerce forum for the new improved version that will be released in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
RonM
9 years ago
#8105 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi,

I'm using NOP Playground 3.3 with no other 3rd party plugins or code.

I'm on a shared hosting plan.

I'm having app pool restarted several times and then stopped.

My hosting company, Arvixe is telling me this is due to either the code or my website is hitting the memory limit (600MB)

Do you have any calculation of memory consumption of the Playground theme and if the 600MB limit is really not sufficient to run it.

Also is there any way that I can know for sure what the real reason behind this app pool restart?

Thanks

Hi Hayco83,

The memory consumption does not depend on the theme but on the data (products/categories) you have in your store. Please read this post about memory consumption in nopCommerce.
The new version of nopCommerce 3.4 will have a lot of performance and memory improvements and it might need less memory but if you want to be sure you won't have any problems my advice is to not use a shared hosting. Here is a thread in the nopCommerce forum for the new improved version that will be released in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

I had Arvixe hosting for a while as well, and had constant problems with app pool restarting.  Finally after many support tickets, they said that the application (nopCommerce with the plug-ins) took more app pool memory than the hosting plan I had would allow, even after they provisioned that highest amount of app pool memory they would allow, and wanted to up-sell me to the "business class plan", which I did. Same problems. Then they wanted to up-sell me to VPS plan.  I dropped Arvixe, and decided to host on my own servers now. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.  I ASSURE YOU THAT THIS IS A HOSTING PROBLEM where they are not provisioning enough server resources.