Close

Forum styling?

joster
11 years ago
#2425 Quote
Hello-

I guess maybe it's an oversight, but we didn't notice that there is no theming for the Forum, and that, in fact, even after enabling the Forums in our General settings in the admin area, no link for the forum appears in the footer...was this intentional, or is there a bug? If it was intentional, how can I get the forums to work again while using the fashion theme?

I did discover in the mega menu settings that there is a way to cause the forum link to appear in it, and when I visit it, I see that there is, indeed, no styling at all for the forums with the fashion theme......
UGLY.  see it here
Boyko
11 years ago
#2430 Quote
Hi joster,

You are right. The forum in the Fashion theme has never been styled. We are now working on upgrading all our themes for nopCommerce 3.0 and we are styling the Forum for the Fashion theme in it. If you have plans to upgrade to nopCommerce 3.0 (it is expected to be released very soon) then you will get the Forum with the upgrade. I hope this will work for you. If not then we will style the Forum for nopCommerce 2.8 in the Fashion theme but it will take some time as there are quite a lot of improvements in the Html markup for nopCommerce 3.0 and we will basically need to restyle the whole Forum in 2.8 from scratch. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
11 years ago
#2447 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi joster,

You are right. The forum in the Fashion theme has never been styled. We are now working on upgrading all our themes for nopCommerce 3.0 and we are styling the Forum for the Fashion theme in it. If you have plans to upgrade to nopCommerce 3.0 (it is expected to be released very soon) then you will get the Forum with the upgrade. I hope this will work for you. If not then we will style the Forum for nopCommerce 2.8 in the Fashion theme but it will take some time as there are quite a lot of improvements in the Html markup for nopCommerce 3.0 and we will basically need to restyle the whole Forum in 2.8 from scratch. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

From what I read, it will only be a few weeks until 3.0 is released, so we'll just be patient and wait for the new version theme.

Thanks!
joster
10 years ago
#2631 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi joster,

Thanks

Hello again-

I had some trouble getting the theme installed or I'd have been quicker to report that the Forum still has no styling with the version 3.0 Fashion theme...
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2637 Quote
joster wrote:

Hello again-

I had some trouble getting the theme installed or I'd have been quicker to report that the Forum still has no styling with the version 3.0 Fashion theme...

Hi joster,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. At the moment our front end developers are working on the styling of the forum. It will be ready on Monday.

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
joster
10 years ago
#2663 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:

Hello again-

Hi joster,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. At the moment our front end developers are working on the styling of the forum. It will be ready on Monday.

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov

No problem...can you tell me if only the CSS file will be edited, or will I also need to replace the forum views once you have it completed?

Steve
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2668 Quote
joster wrote:

Hello again-

Hi joster,

Best regards,

Ivan Stoyanov

No problem...can you tell me if only the CSS file will be edited, or will I also need to replace the forum views once you have it completed?

Steve

Hi Steve,

The styling will be just css changes. No need to replace the views.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!