Close

Strange behaviour when category is under ACL

jdyer
11 years ago
#2160 Quote

I have a category that is only visible to registered shoppers. When browsing (guest) to the store I do not see the category from the megamenu - perfect. After logging in, the category shows as expected - perfect. When I log out, the category continues to show -bug?- but there is no response clicking on the category. The category under ACL continues to show when I'm a guest on the store even after I close my browser and open it again... clear temp files...

It only seems to correct itself if I make some modification to the plugin (like turning it off and back on).
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2162 Quote
jdyer wrote:

I have a category that is only visible to registered shoppers. When browsing (guest) to the store I do not see the category from the megamenu - perfect. After logging in, the category shows as expected - perfect. When I log out, the category continues to show -bug?- but there is no response clicking on the category. The category under ACL continues to show when I'm a guest on the store even after I close my browser and open it again... clear temp files...

It only seems to correct itself if I make some modification to the plugin (like turning it off and back on).

Hi jdyer,

This is happening, because the model for the Mega Menu is cached. After changing the ACL ,you can click on the Clear Cache button in the administration to clear the cache of your website and the problem will be solved. Unfortunately we are not able to do this automatically, because nopCommerce is missing this functionality, yet.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
jdyer
11 years ago
#2168 Quote
Clearing the cache does help make sure the mega menu is showing the categories the shopper has access to but those categories seem to disappear after some time. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes... it's hard to tell for sure. Now, when logged in as a registered shopper, I no longer see the category in the MegaMenu but DO see the category in the navigation on the left. If I clear cache in Admin and view Public Store again, the category shows up in the MegaMenu. Only to disappear again randomly.
Boyko
11 years ago
#2172 Quote
jdyer wrote:
Clearing the cache does help make sure the mega menu is showing the categories the shopper has access to but those categories seem to disappear after some time. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes... it's hard to tell for sure. Now, when logged in as a registered shopper, I no longer see the category in the MegaMenu but DO see the category in the navigation on the left. If I clear cache in Admin and view Public Store again, the category shows up in the MegaMenu. Only to disappear again randomly.

HI jdyer,

Please let me explain this in more details. The information shown in the left category navigation is cached by nopCommerce and is updated after 1 hour. The same applies about the information in the Mega Menu. This is done for improving the performance for nopCommerce. Unfortunately nopCommerce is missing a mechanism for knowing when the store owner makes any modifications on the ACL. That's why when the cache expires, it might seem random as it depends on when it has been cached, you see the updated information. You can always force resetting of the cache by clicking the "Reset cache" link on the top right in the Administration.
I hope this information is useful.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team