Close

Not all sub-categories can fit in dropdown list...

OTH
4 years ago
#15925 Quote
Hi,

We have a website that has 5 main-categories setup as drop-down in Mega Menu.

One of our main-categories (configured as "List" in Mega Menu settings) has 25 sub-categories in it that views as drop-down if you hover over the main-category.

Our problem is that the drop-down list can't show all 25 sub-categories when hovering over the main-category...Not unless I zoom out the website itself in my browser..

Is there a way to be able to view all 25 sub-categories when hovering over the main one?

For example scrolling down the list or something better?

Best regards,
OTH
nikola.dragiev
4 years ago
#15933 Quote
Hello,

The problem seems to be that the header of your website sticks, which is not a default functionality of the theme. Maybe you should consider calculating the height of the window and adding a scroll to it. The theme is not developed with a sticky header, and it is customized after the purchase, so we can not provide you with a fix for that. For such questions, you can submit us a ticket through our ticketing system and we would be happy to help or advice where needed.
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com
OTH
4 years ago
#15937 Quote
nikola.dragiev wrote:
Hello,

The problem seems to be that the header of your website sticks, which is not a default functionality of the theme. Maybe you should consider calculating the height of the window and adding a scroll to it. The theme is not developed with a sticky header, and it is customized after the purchase, so we can not provide you with a fix for that. For such questions, you can submit us a ticket through our ticketing system and we would be happy to help or advice where needed.

Hi Valentin,

Actually I am using a code that you offered in another topic forum for the "Emporium Theme" - Under this link: https://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/3433/basic-changes that made it possible to stick the Header on the top.

But you say it would be better not to have the code for this to work?
Best regards,
OTH
OTH
4 years ago
#15938 Quote
OTH wrote:
Hello,

Hi Valentin,

Actually I am using a code that you offered in another topic forum for the "Emporium Theme" - Under this link: https://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/3433/basic-changes that made it possible to stick the Header on the top.

I mean that Valentin was the one that offered the code.
Best regards,
OTH
Valentin
4 years ago
#15939 Quote
OTH wrote:
Hello,

Hi Valentin,

I mean that Valentin was the one that offered the code.

Hello Odinn Thor,

and as I have mentioned in my post in which I offered the above-mentioned piece of code:
"... it has never been tested and if you encounter any issues in the future you would need to deal with them yourself."

This is a customization to the theme`s original design and is not in the scope of our support to handle issues connected to it. It works in the majority of cases but you cannot have both sticky-header and such long category-lists in the theme.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com
OTH
4 years ago
#15940 Quote
Valentin wrote:
Hello Odinn Thor,

and as I have mentioned in my post in which I offered the above-mentioned piece of code:
"... it has never been tested and if you encounter any issues in the future you would need to deal with them yourself."

This is a customization to the theme`s original design and is not in the scope of our support to handle issues connected to it. It works in the majority of cases but you cannot have both sticky-header and such long category-lists in the theme.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Hi Valentin,

It definitely clarifies things! I didn't see the warning that you sent the user that requested the code in the beginning. I was too quick to jump straight to the code and use it.

Thank you for the quick answers, always enjoy the help you guys offer!
Best regards,
OTH