Close

"Shipping Address" section is not loding

Gladimar1
6 years ago
#13764 Quote
If we navigate to “Checkout” page as guest or registered user, Shipping address section is not displayed.

This is because, all existing shipping providers(FedEx, Ups) requires “Shipping Address” to calculate shipping cost and available shipping methods. If shipping methods are not available, “one page checkout” is not displaying shipping address. Shipping address may not fill by default in all cases (e.g. guest user).

We have a requirement that we should not use any shipping providers  except FexEx and Ups.

Can you help us on this?
SDobrev
6 years ago
#13767 Quote
Hi,

The Shipping methods panel and Shipping Address panel are showing only if the current cart requires shipping.

Please check your products.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
Bellgate
6 years ago
#14127 Quote
This is more than just a product shipping enabled issue.  I started seeing this behavior after upgrading to v3.90.  So far I am seeing it for guest checkouts and impersonated registered customer checkouts.

What I see is that when the customer gets to the check out page (one page checkout is active), in store pickup is the delivery method and there is no option to change it.

Here is what I saw when I landed on the checkout page:

1.  The Billing Address text boxes are visible, but they are empty, even for a registered customer.

2.  The Shipping Address text boxes are not visible.

3.  The in store pick up box is visible, but the check box to select and deselect the option is not visible.

I am using the latest version of Core and One Page Checkout plugin that I installed today.
Bellgate
6 years ago
#14128 Quote
I disabled the plugin and everything works fine using the default one page checkout.  I only see the issue while using the Nop-Templates plugin.
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#14134 Quote
Hello,

The Shipping Adress will not show if you do not have any active shipping methods. And since UPS, for instance, needs a Shipping Address Country to be selected in order for it to show you will get that "deadlock" on the Checkout page where you wouldn't get the shipping methods active because there is not shipping address and you will not get the shipping address since there are no shipping methods.

You can avoid this issue by selecting a default shipping country from the Default Shipping Country setting in Administration -> Nop-Templates -> Plugins -> One Page Checkout -> Settings -> General Settings. You can also check the Preselect Last Customer Shipping Address  setting so that the last shipping address will be preselected for your returning customers.
That will choose a shipping country for your clients when the Checkout page is loaded which means that the shipping method will be active and the shipping address will show. Your clients can change that country anytime they want during the checkout process (while they are on the checkout page).

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
Bellgate
6 years ago
#14137 Quote
Hi Anton,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, it does not help.  The default shipping country is already set and Preselect Last Customer Shipping address is checked.

What puzzles me is this:

1.  One Page Checkout worked perfectly until I upgraded to v3.90.

2.  I mostly see this behavior when Guests are checking out.

3.  When I disable the plugin the default NopCommerce One Page Checkout works perfectly.

So I am puzzled.  I have temporarily disabled the Nop-Templates plugin until I can get this resolved.
Boyko
6 years ago
#14139 Quote
Bellgate wrote:

1.  One Page Checkout worked perfectly until I upgraded to v3.90.

From what version did you upgrade the plugin? Actually the plugin works much much better in 3.90 as we refactored its implementation between 3.80 and 3.90 release of nopCommerce. So a later version of the plugin for 3.80 was already refactored/improved.

Bellgate wrote:

2.  I mostly see this behavior when Guests are checking out.

The guest customers definitely do not have an address and a country respectively but if the pre-select country option is enabled then this should work. Does the shipping providers have a requirement to have something more than just a country selected for the address?

Bellgate wrote:

3.  When I disable the plugin the default NopCommerce One Page Checkout works perfectly.

The default one page checkout forces you to add a shipping address before you are offered with the available shipping methods and that is why it works. Guest customers are forced to add a shipping address (with all the required fields) and then the shipping methods are shown (based on this address). While on our checkout you can choose a shipping provider first and then select an address or any other possible combination based on the customer's individual preferences.

Could you please submit a ticket and provide us with access to your store administration?
This way we will see how the plugin(s) are configured and what happens during the checkout and will be able to advise and resolve this.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team