Close

Display in mega menu header but not in category

PhokasWeb
6 years ago
#13582 Quote
Hello,

We recently decided to display one category in the mega menu header. We don't want it to show on the previous category menu item.

Please see http://www.phokas.be for an example. You can see that the item "Pasfoto's" is already implemented on the menu, and is also visible when you hover over item "Aanbod". Is there any way to keep "Pasfoto's" as an item, and remove it from the detail of "Aanbod"?

Thank you?
Jef
Boyko
6 years ago
#13583 Quote
PhokasWeb wrote:
Hello,

We recently decided to display one category in the mega menu header. We don't want it to show on the previous category menu item.

Please see http://www.phokas.be for an example. You can see that the item "Pasfoto's" is already implemented on the menu, and is also visible when you hover over item "Aanbod". Is there any way to keep "Pasfoto's" as an item, and remove it from the detail of "Aanbod"?

Thank you?
Jef

Hi Jef,

This is possible in the latest version of the Mega Menu plugin. You just need to disable the Include in Top Menu for the "Pasfoto's" category and it will not be included in the "Aanbond" list of categories. Then you can manually include the "Pasfoto's" category in the Mega Menu.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
PhokasWeb
6 years ago
#13645 Quote
Hello,

I just downloaded the most recent 3.80 version of the plugin and overwritten it in my plugins folder. I did as you asked, but still the category I want to hide in the fold out is present. If I uncheck the "show in menu" option, the category disappears from the whole menu but also the navbar at the top.
Valentin
6 years ago
#13654 Quote
PhokasWeb wrote:
Hello,

I just downloaded the most recent 3.80 version of the plugin and overwritten it in my plugins folder. I did as you asked, but still the category I want to hide in the fold out is present. If I uncheck the "show in menu" option, the category disappears from the whole menu but also the navbar at the top.

Greetings Jef,

In order to show a category in the top menu, you need to make sure it is not set as a Sub-category of something else. Go to your theme administration -> Catalog -> Categories and select the category you want to show in the top-menu and click Edit. There you need to change the Parent category to none and check the checkbox - Include in top menu. This will exclude it from the list of the other category and place it in the top menu on its own.
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com
PhokasWeb
6 years ago
#13660 Quote
Valentin wrote:
Hello,

Greetings Jef,

In order to show a category in the top menu, you need to make sure it is not set as a Sub-category of something else. Go to your theme administration -> Catalog -> Categories and select the category you want to show in the top-menu and click Edit. There you need to change the Parent category to none and check the checkbox - Include in top menu. This will exclude it from the list of the other category and place it in the top menu on its own.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. It seems that this function was not working in 3.80. After the update to 3.90 it started functioning properly.