Close

Search by SKU

shoecake
7 years ago
#12822 Quote
I am using the pavilion theme, how can I setup the search bar in the page header and the search page to allow searching by SKU?
shoecake
7 years ago
#12823 Quote
Amendment to my question, I have realised that it will search by sku, but my issue is a little more complex. Most of my products are setup as grouped products.

i.e. I have 2 variations of a product which are setup as separate products which are hidden. There is a grouped product also setup which is the one shown to the customer with the 2 hidden  products associated to it.

see https://www.stitchtastic.com/store/harley-davidson-circ-1933-cross-stitch as an example.

the grouped product has an sku of KAS-0470-GRP which works,but I also need it to work with skus of KAS-0470 and KAS-0470-K

hristian.dimov
7 years ago
#12827 Quote
shoecake wrote:
Amendment to my question, I have realised that it will search by sku, but my issue is a little more complex. Most of my products are setup as grouped products.

i.e. I have 2 variations of a product which are setup as separate products which are hidden. There is a grouped product also setup which is the one shown to the customer with the 2 hidden  products associated to it.

see https://www.stitchtastic.com/store/harley-davidson-circ-1933-cross-stitch as an example.

the grouped product has an sku of KAS-0470-GRP which works,but I also need it to work with skus of KAS-0470 and KAS-0470-K

Hi,

In the Instant search plugin administration, there is a setting called "Visible Individually Only", could you please uncheck it and see if there are any difference?

Looking forward to your reply!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
shoecake
7 years ago
#12836 Quote
Hristian,
shoecake
7 years ago
#12837 Quote
hristian.dimov wrote:

Hi,

In the Instant search plugin administration, there is a setting called "Visible Individually Only", could you please uncheck it and see if there are any difference?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hristian,
    I have unchecked that option and the search now works with the header search box, but does not work on the main search page. Is there another setting somewhere or do IO need to modify the view?

Boyko
7 years ago
#12850 Quote
shoecake wrote:

Hristian,
    I have unchecked that option and the search now works with the header search box, but does not work on the main search page. Is there another setting somewhere or do IO need to modify the view?

Unfortunately the search page is not controlled by the Instant Search plugin and also nopCommerce does not provide a setting out of the box to control this. So you need to modify the nopCommerce code that is executed on the search page. Basically you need to set the visible individually parameter of the SearchProducts method on the search page.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
bmoc2
5 years ago
#14569 Quote
How did you make it search by SKU? I can't figure it out?