Close

error in database with ajax filters

chrisADK
8 years ago
#10571 Quote
Hi,
In process of making a copy of our database on the development server in preparation copying to the live site.
Getting this error when running the generate scripts function in SQL Server Management Studio.

Any idea on how to resolve this?
Here is a screen shot.
http://1drv.ms/1U0sS5I

Thanks Chris

hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#10577 Quote
chrisADK wrote:
Hi,
In process of making a copy of our database on the development server in preparation copying to the live site.
Getting this error when running the generate scripts function in SQL Server Management Studio.

Any idea on how to resolve this?
Here is a screen shot.
http://1drv.ms/1U0sS5I

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

Our store procedure is encrypted, that is why it cannot be exported. The easiest workaround for this is:

1) Uninstall the Ajax Filters plugin
2) Export your database
3) Import it on your live site
3) Install the Ajax Filters plugin on the new database.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
chrisADK
8 years ago
#10583 Quote
Hi,
OH OK thanks.
Is this the case for all the NOP-Templates plugins?
Will uninstalling it lose any of the configuration settings I did or will they still be in the database?

Chris
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#10585 Quote
chrisADK wrote:
Hi,
OH OK thanks.
Is this the case for all the NOP-Templates plugins?
Will uninstalling it lose any of the configuration settings I did or will they still be in the database?

Chris

Hi Chris,

No, the Ajax Filters plugin is the only one which needs to be re-installed if you move your database.

Unfortunately, re-installing the plugin will erase the Ajax Filters configuration settings. You will need to setup the plugin again.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
chrisADK
8 years ago
#10628 Quote
Hi,
OK uninstalled and even remove the plug in folder. Still getting the error when generating scripts.
This is the report it gives.

Preparing dbo.ProductLoadAllPagegNopAjaxFilters

Failed

Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.PropertyCannotBeRetrievedException: Property TextHeader is not available for StoredProcedure '[dbo].[ProductLoadAllPagegNopAjaxFilters]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights. The text is encrypted. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlScriptPublish.GeneratePublishPage.worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Thanks Chris
Boyko
8 years ago
#10630 Quote
Hi Chris,

Please delete this stored procedure - dbo.ProductLoadAllPagegNopAjaxFilters!
It will be created again when you install the Ajax Filters again.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
chrisADK
8 years ago
#10631 Quote
Hi,
Ok excellent found it. Thanks that worked.

Chris
attilah
8 years ago
#10636 Quote
I'm all in for protecting your IP, until it gets to a point where it is against productivity and management.

In this case copying, moving, deploying dev/test/staging/production databases from SQL's bacpac file to Azure Cloud is totally impossible due to this very one stored procedure.

Please provide a decrypted version to make database management easy.

Thanks,
Attila
Boyko
8 years ago
#10643 Quote
attilah wrote:
I'm all in for protecting your IP, until it gets to a point where it is against productivity and management.

In this case copying, moving, deploying dev/test/staging/production databases from SQL's bacpac file to Azure Cloud is totally impossible due to this very one stored procedure.

Please provide a decrypted version to make database management easy.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

I understand your frustrations but we have really good reasons to encrypt the stored procedure and I hope you will understand our position.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
attilah
8 years ago
#10646 Quote
Don't get me wrong. But this kind of protection and the one that .Net Reactor can give you is kind of security by obscurity.

With 2 minutes of work anyone can recover the stored procedure (and I'm not talking about SQL SP decryption), this is why I don't understand why make operation stuff harder this way.

~80kb SP is huge, I see that you've lot of code in there.

It is your decision I'll obey it, but please consider releasing it without encryption.