Close

Upgrade error: ShopAll Theme 3.60 to 3.70

JackNopper
8 years ago
#10559 Quote
I just upgraded successfully from 3.50 to 3.60. Now, when I try to upgrade from 3.60 to 3.70 I receive the following error after restarting the website. I executed the nopCommerce upgrade script and the ShopAll script successfully, copied the Plugins and Themes folders and restored the old AppData settings files (I will post the entire stack if someone wants to see it). Looking though the nopCommerce upgrade script, I noticed that it drops two columns named "HasDiscountsApplied":

Invalid column name 'HasDiscountsApplied'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'HasDiscountsApplied'.

Source Error: 

Line 31:             else
Line 32:             {
Line 33:                 @Html.Action("TopMenu", "Catalog")
Line 34:             }
Line 35:         </div>

Source File: c:\HostingSpaces\admin1\shop.milwaukeemap.com\wwwroot\Themes\ShopAll\Views\Shared\_Root.cshtml    Line: 33 

Deni
8 years ago
#10560 Quote
JackNopper wrote:
I just upgraded successfully from 3.50 to 3.60. Now, when I try to upgrade from 3.60 to 3.70 I receive the following error after restarting the website. I executed the nopCommerce upgrade script and the ShopAll script successfully, copied the Plugins and Themes folders and restored the old AppData settings files (I will post the entire stack if someone wants to see it). Looking though the nopCommerce upgrade script, I noticed that it drops two columns named "HasDiscountsApplied":

Invalid column name 'HasDiscountsApplied'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'HasDiscountsApplied'.

Source Error: 

Line 31:             else
Line 32:             {
Line 33:                 @Html.Action("TopMenu", "Catalog")
Line 34:             }
Line 35:         </div>

Source File: c:\HostingSpaces\admin1\shop.milwaukeemap.com\wwwroot\Themes\ShopAll\Views\Shared\_Root.cshtml    Line: 33 

Hi, 

As I have replied to your ticket:

It sounds like you have done everything correctly.

Yes, the upgrade script drops the "HasDiscountsApplied" column, but we have never had a problem with that.

I think you are missing something, but I am not sure what.

Please take a look once more in the upgrade process and ensure that everything was done:

1. Back-up your database.
2. Back-up your InstalledPlugins.txt and Settings.txt files.
3. For each mid-version, run the upgrade scripts if has any - first nopCommerce`s, then our.
4. Download the latest nopCommerce version and place it in the folder you want.
5. Place the InstalledPlugins.txt and Settings.txt files in the App_Data folder.
6. Download our products and place them in the corresponding folders.
7. Add a blank space to the end of the Global.asax file to trigger full site restart.
8. Run nopCommerce.

If anyone have seen this, they can share their experience too !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
chrjoh
8 years ago
#10575 Quote
Hi,
I'm getting the same error when upgrading from 3.6 to 3-7.
Executed the upgrade scripts from your site, nr 15, 16, 17 and 18  (upgrade from 3.5).

Any ideas?

iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10580 Quote
Hi,

chrjoh wrote:
Hi,
I'm getting the same error when upgrading from 3.6 to 3-7.
Executed the upgrade scripts from your site, nr 15, 16, 17 and 18  (upgrade from 3.5).

Any ideas?

I have replied to your ticket.
Maybe it will be best to send us your database, so we can try to upgrade it locally because we are unable to reproduce any problems.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
ellerlor
7 years ago
#12700 Quote
After upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8 we have the same error!! It is incredible that several people as the same error and we have not solution. I did the upgrade process several times but I have the same problem..

</script>
Line 15:     <div class="header-menu">
Line 16:         @Html.Action("TopMenu", "Catalog")
Line 17:     </div>
Line 18:     <div class="master-wrapper-content">

Source File: x:\xxxx\Hobbystore380\Views\Shared\_Root.cshtml    Line: 16

Please solve this issues asap .. I am ready for the upgrade but now it is not possible!
Boyko
7 years ago
#12702 Quote
ellerlor wrote:
After upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8 we have the same error!! It is incredible that several people as the same error and we have not solution. I did the upgrade process several times but I have the same problem..

</script>
Line 15:     <div class="header-menu">
Line 16:         @Html.Action("TopMenu", "Catalog")
Line 17:     </div>
Line 18:     <div class="master-wrapper-content">

Source File: x:\xxxx\Hobbystore380\Views\Shared\_Root.cshtml    Line: 16

Please solve this issues asap .. I am ready for the upgrade but now it is not possible!

Hi ellerlor,

Please note that the initial post in this thread turned out to be a problem of not running the right scripts so actually there was no problem with the theme upgrade.
Please make sure you are running the upgrade scripts in the correct order and that you are using the theme files from the 3.80 version of the Shop All theme.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team