Close

Suddenly many plugins stopped working correctly

Boyko
8 years ago
#9940 Quote
BrickHunters wrote:
I had reason to believe that this could be a hosting issue, but it is in fact also occuring on my localhost machine.

These errors only showed up from the moment that Sevenspikes plugins were installed on the website (which is obvious). I will leave them there for you to have a look but will probably uninstall them along with the theme to avoid issues in the future.

Hi BrickHunters,

By looking at the javascript in your store it is not different than the one on our demo store for example.
So there is no good explanation why it doesn't work on your web site only (we have other customers using this theme). Maybe you have made some modifications or it is something else.
The fastest way to investigate and resolve this once and forever is to Submit a ticket providing FTP access to your store, so that we can see the actual files being uploaded on your server and upload unminified versions (if needed) to see if there is any problem in the javascript minification.
All your issues are related to a javascript error that breaks the execution of other plugins javascript (which is why you think they are not working).
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
8 years ago
#10387 Quote
BrickHunters wrote:
I had reason to believe that this could be a hosting issue, but it is in fact also occuring on my localhost machine.

These errors only showed up from the moment that Sevenspikes plugins were installed on the website (which is obvious). I will leave them there for you to have a look but will probably uninstall them along with the theme to avoid issues in the future.

Just curious Brickhunters...do you have the "hotjar" analytics tracking code on your site?
I ask because I'm having the same errors since adding the hotjar tracking script...
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#10388 Quote
Yes indeed I had, and still have.

Though I am somehow convinced that enabling SSL on all our pages somehow resolved the issue...

I don't think Hotjar has anything to do with it. But you can try switching it off.

What resolved the issues for us:
- upgraded to 3.6
- enabled ssl on all pages
- rebuilt the website completely in Visual Basic
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#10389 Quote
Although if you check our website now, SSL is disabled due to Arvixe being a pain in the butt...
joster
8 years ago
#10390 Quote
BrickHunters wrote:
Yes indeed I had, and still have.

Though I am somehow convinced that enabling SSL on all our pages somehow resolved the issue...

I don't think Hotjar has anything to do with it. But you can try switching it off.

What resolved the issues for us:
- upgraded to 3.6
- enabled ssl on all pages
- rebuilt the website completely in Visual Basic

Our site works perfectly UNTIL I add the hotjar script. At that point, I also see the is.Mobile JS error in console, and my quick tabs and cloud zoom plugins stop working correctly.

When I remove the script, it is perfect again...

See my post here:
http://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/11/bugs/page/4#10319
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#10391 Quote
That's a shame...Hotjar is really great tool that has helped us optimize our website countless times..
joster
8 years ago
#10393 Quote
BrickHunters wrote:
That's a shame...Hotjar is really great tool that has helped us optimize our website countless times..

Yes, it is a great tool, and my boss really wants to utilize it on our site, but until I figure out why it conflicts with the 7spikes plugins, I cannot implement it on our production website.

I welcome ANY other suggestions from the community!