Close

Suddenly many plugins stopped working correctly

BrickHunters
8 years ago
#9603 Quote
Hello,

Not long ago I returned from holiday to find some of the Sevenspikes plugins malfunctioning. In my knowledge there had been no big changes, if any at all.

The first problem is with the Jcarousel plugin. It no longer slides as it used to, but sometimes displays a list of products as seen here:

http://s1.postimg.org/u4ql77rhb/JCarousel.png

The second problem is on the products detail page. The old gallery, as wel as the cloud zoom gallery is being shown which results in duplicate pictures everywhere, as seen here:

http://s1.postimg.org/uk1v08den/Cloud_Zoom.png

You can visit the website www.brickhunters.be to witness this yourself.

Interesting fact: Ctrl + F5 solves this...temporarily. What has happened? Do I need to reinstall the sevenspikes core? Anybody had a similar issue in the past?
Deni
8 years ago
#9611 Quote
Hi, 

This looks like browser caching issue - caching one of our main JavaScript files. But when I looked at your site, I found no problems. If you need any further help, you can always ask our support team by raising a ticket.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#9613 Quote
Hello,

Thank you for looking into it. I saw you do it.

We have many clients who also see this, what could be a possible solution? Because we cannot adjust the browsers of our clients so it has to be an issue with the javascript right?

I would really hate to stop using these great plugins...
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#9620 Quote
Another good thing to know perhaps: 

When pressing F12 I get the error "Uncaught TypeError: $.isMobile is not a function" on the pages that seem to malfunction..
Stefan
8 years ago
#9632 Quote
Hi again,

I was looking at your site for some time and also noticed that from time to time the specified error is thrown. I am not sure why is that, because the js file which defines this function is present on your site.

Would it be possible to submit a ticket so that we can send you an updated versions of some of the js files to see whether this issue will occur again.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Best Regards,

Stefan Hristov
Nop-Templates.com
Stefan
8 years ago
#9690 Quote
Hi again,

We haven't heard from you these days. I can suggest to update the SevenSpikes.Core plugin by downloading the package again from your My Downloads section and replace the Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core folder with the one from the downloaded package. Then load the site again and clear your browser's cache.

Please let us know when you do that so that we can see if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Stefan Hristov
Nop-Templates.com
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#9696 Quote
Dear,

Thank you for your concern. However, downloading a new package didn't work out for me.

I find it rather curious. I was able to solve this problem in another manner.

By opening the javascript file I saw the procedure it gave me an error for. I changed the following:

$.isMobile() --> $().isMobile

I did so for all the javascripts which contained this line, and the issue seems to be gone.

Now what I am looking for is an explanation and a confirmation for what I did is the right thing.
Stefan
8 years ago
#9697 Quote
Hi again,

I did have a look at your site and looks like the SevenSpikes.Core is not updated and more specifically the SevenSpikesExtensions.js file. I assume that your license had expired and that is why you are not able to download the latest version. 

If this is the case would it be possible to send an email to [email protected] so that I can send you the latest js file.

As to the fix you have made, actually I am not aware of such kind of structure. The interesting thing is that no error is thrown, but when I try that in the console I receive again the error. 

The error that you were noticing is on a place where we check against mobile device so that to disable the cloud zoom on mobile devices. Now with your fix the cloud zoom is integrated on mobile devices as well.

So if possible send us an email and we will send you the latest version of the js files which should not throw any errors.

Looking forward to your reply!
Best Regards,

Stefan Hristov
Nop-Templates.com
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#9938 Quote
Hello,

Everything was done as you asked. We even updated our website to 3.60 and reset all the standard plugin files & lay-out. Still the same issue persists.

We are basically running a site under 3.60 with the "Smart Theme" now. A clean install with the same database underneath...but the issue still persists.

Please check www.brickhunters.be for yourself..
BrickHunters
8 years ago
#9939 Quote
I had reason to believe that this could be a hosting issue, but it is in fact also occuring on my localhost machine.

These errors only showed up from the moment that Sevenspikes plugins were installed on the website (which is obvious). I will leave them there for you to have a look but will probably uninstall them along with the theme to avoid issues in the future.