Close

General Discussion

Support
6 years ago
#9515 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1012
Topic for general discussion regarding Nop Sale of the Day plugin.
milspec-direct
5 years ago
#10007 Quote
Avatar
  • 1
I'm having trouble installing the plugin. I've copied and pasted the plugin into my plugin folder, and I already have the SevenSpikes.Core folder existing in my plugin directory previously, so I don't want to overwrite any of my files.

So, I only took the plugin files and not the core files and put it into my plugin directory. It resulted in my site crashing, so I had to remove the new plugin files to bring my site back up.

Must I overwrite my core files with the ones that are provided to me when downloading the sale of the day plugin?

Deni
5 years ago
#10009 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 389
milspec-direct wrote:
I'm having trouble installing the plugin. I've copied and pasted the plugin into my plugin folder, and I already have the SevenSpikes.Core folder existing in my plugin directory previously, so I don't want to overwrite any of my files.

So, I only took the plugin files and not the core files and put it into my plugin directory. It resulted in my site crashing, so I had to remove the new plugin files to bring my site back up.

Must I overwrite my core files with the ones that are provided to me when downloading the sale of the day plugin?



Hi, 

As we have replied to your ticket - Yes, you must use the latest version of the Core plugin.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
nopnopgogo!
5 years ago
#12155 Quote
Avatar
  • 18
Hi, we experimenting a strange behavior with the autoscroll. From the last release (maybe the last in april 2016 ?) it doesn't work anymore. Can you show a flag to allow/disallow the autostart/autoscroll function? Thanks a lot  
Deni
5 years ago
#12157 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 389
nopnopgogo! wrote:
Hi, we experimenting a strange behavior with the autoscroll. From the last release (maybe the last in april 2016 ?) it doesn't work anymore. Can you show a flag to allow/disallow the autostart/autoscroll function? Thanks a lot  


Hi, 

Please find this file: /Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SaleOfTheDay/Scripts/SaleOfTheDay.js and make this row:
autoplay: false,

to be like this:
autoplay: true,


We will think about creating those settings in the administration.


Thanks for your feedback !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
nopnopgogo!
5 years ago
#12158 Quote
Avatar
  • 18
thank you
Jhopper
4 years ago
#12636 Quote
Avatar
  • 23
Hello,

I've been looking at the daily sale plugin and realised that you can't actually apply any discounts to the products you've selected.

Is there a way to do this easily or could this be something to add in a future version of the plugin?

Boyko
4 years ago
#12637 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 1535
Jhopper wrote:
Hello,

I've been looking at the daily sale plugin and realised that you can't actually apply any discounts to the products you've selected.

Is there a way to do this easily or could this be something to add in a future version of the plugin?



Hi Jhopper,

We don't have plans to add any discount features in the plugins since there are already a lot of options out of the box in nopCommmerce.
The Sale of the Day plugin allows you to pick up certain products but it is up to the store owner if these products will have a discount, special price or old/new prices.
Actually you can select any products and change the title to be "Product of the Day" rather than "Sales of the Day". The store owner has a lot of flexibility in the way to use the plugin.
Regards,
Boyko Stanev
Nop-Templates.com
Jhopper
4 years ago
#12638 Quote
Avatar
  • 23
Thank you for the reply.

I did think about this after I had posted,  I guess this plugin just helps promote the items you want to put on sale like you said.

I'll spend some time working out how it will best fit my needs and look at the standard discounts from Nop.

Personally I do think it would be handy to be able to run discounts from the app but that's just me :)

Thanks
jirwin
3 years ago
#13862 Quote
Avatar
  • 8
Can you please explain how to utilize the 'Show Special Price Countdown Timer' with Nopcommerce 3.90, now that the 'special prices' properties have been removed and replaced with tier pricing?